What's on your Menu today (photo friday) RNYers?

Kakesie
on 8/18/17 7:39 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Handsome men!

cc583
on 8/18/17 7:45 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Great pic Amy!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

yvonnef1964
on 8/18/17 7:42 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have a surprised b-day party to go to tonight. Will see my dad tomorrow. Church on Sunday.

QOTD If I didn't have WLS, i be fat and miserably. Could barely walk, high blood pressure, diabetes, cpap. On lots of meds.

Accountability I stayed on plan.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

D going to surprised b-day party, tbd

Have a good day

pammieanne
on 8/18/17 8:02 am, edited 8/18/17 1:02 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Hi Everyone!! Love your flowers, Daisy, They remind me of my yard in Georgia.

QOTD: Where would I be without surgery? Well It hasn't been that long yet, so I'm not sure! Still dreaming of being thin again? I would always look in the mirror at home and think I looked pretty good... but then pictures would make me freak! I'd still be in denial is where I'd be. Sleep apnea was the only diagnosed co-morbidity, but I was on the verge with my blood pressure, and my sugars were bound to cross into the danger zone. I'm getting more and more active, but we've had so much going on this summer that I haven't gotten to be as active as I want to be! I zip-lined this summer, never before surgery, for sure! I'm more confident, and I'm more at peace. I actually have a nice closet of clothes that are fashionable, and I love them - and if I don't I get rid of it now! Nothing is in there that is there simply because it fits me! Score!

Tummy issues last night and this morning. Not sure if it's potty related, or something else. I'll take care of the first and then see how I feel after that's that. In the meantime, I'm bloated and feeling like a stitch in my left side that when I take a deep breath radiates up into my neck. Strange. Maybe I pulled something on the treadmill yesterday!

Accountability: I've been improving all week long, but still managed to have (all sugar free) 4 chocolate covered peanuts and a caramel turtle last night! Otherwise, all on plan!

Weight this morning 139.6

B: 24 ounces of decaf and fairlife,

B2: Emmiepie's infamous egg salad, yum!

S: pepperoni 1 ounce

L: 3.5 ounces of taco meat with salsa and a teeny bit of cheese on top

S: Cheese stick

D: Open at the moment. Either brats or pork chops probably with a small salad either way and/or cottage cheese (both need to be eaten)

S: Iced Decaf Latte with Fairlife

Edited to add my picture! My Senior and Sophomore! I can't believe she graduates this year!!!

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing and shoes

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

Kakesie
on 8/18/17 1:17 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Great looking kids, Pammieanne! Cute little puppy, too!

cc583
on 8/18/17 8:02 am - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Great pics Daisy!

No great plans for the weekend...Just getting all of my cooking done for the week.

QOTD: I would probably be dead by now. So thank you to all of the vets who give the best advice on staying on plan and eating they way we or at least I need to, PROTEIN FORWARD!!!

I took everyone's advice and stayed off the scale this week and today I not only lost the 3lbs I was up I lost an additional 2lbs for a total of 5lbs this week. Thank you all for of the sage advice! Yaaaaaay! :)) You guys ROCK!!!

Accountability: I stayed 100% on plan yesterday.

B: 2 eggs, turkey breakfast, 1/2 slice of cheese

L: 3oz turkey breast

S: 2oz turkey breast

D: TBD

D: TBD But the rest of the day will be protein forward

Enjoy the rest of day everybody

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Writergurl08
on 8/18/17 8:34 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Happy Friday! I feel like lately the workweeks are SO LONG, but I think it's because I have so many projects at home I'd rather be doing. I had my second monthly doctor visit (out of 6) yesterday and was devastated to see that the scale had only moved half a pound since my last checkup. In fairness, I was weighed after having a potluck at work, which I actually did well with, but I was full at the time of weighing and I'm retaining water. But still. Even with those factors, I should have been down at least a couple of pounds. My doctor wants me to increase my calorie intake. I'm averaging 900-1000 right now and she wants me at 1200. I'm skeptical. My goal is to be down another 5 lbs for next month, and that goal may change depending on what goal my surgeon has in mind for me.

Accountability: I'm proud that I avoided temptation yesterday by skipping past the carbs and desserts at the potluck. I had brisket with my sugar free BBQ sauce, and some raw cauliflower and ranch dip. Someone brought out smoked pulled turkey after I'd eaten that, so I went back a couple hours later and had some of that for my afternoon snack. Accountability for probably eating double portions than I would had I measured.

QotD: hard to say since I haven't had WLS yet. But I'm hoping to kick diabetes meds to the curb, and currently have a lot of knee and foot pain (plantar facietis) that I hope will go away.

breakfast: 3 chicken maple sausage links, HB egg

snack: 3 prosciutto and mozzarella sticks

lunch: 1/2 C leftover turkey taco meat, 1/4 C shredded cheese, 1 tbsp salsa, and 1/4 C plain greek yogurt (sub for sour cream), in lettuce leaf "shells"

dinner: turkey meatballs, marinara (found a brand at Costco with significantly less carbs than our go-to Prego), zoodles.

hitting the gym after work. I've been failing at going regularly.

Water: 100oz goal. I've been failing at that too.

pic is a brag about DH! First pic is us at a wedding we attended about a year ago. Second pic is from Tuesday night. He's down 100 lbs since the start of his pre-op liquid diet, and I'm so proud!

Theduffman27
on 8/18/17 8:43 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Clapping...well done...both of you. I am happy for you, wish I would have had WLS when I was younger....but...I will take full advantage now.

Keep up the great work....

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Writergurl08
on 8/18/17 9:37 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Thank you!

Kakesie
on 8/18/17 1:18 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Way to go, Hubby!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics