What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

Librarian67
on 2/25/18 5:36 am, edited 2/24/18 9:37 pm
RNY on 02/28/17

Congrats on your recent surgery. I am really surprised that you can eat raw veg this soon after surgery. I waited more like 8-10 weeks to try them because they are sometimes hard for the new stomach to digest. If you can eat them, I suggest changing the chopped lettuce for something with more nutrition like spinach. Also as for the nuts, I suggest that you save nuts for maintenance and stick to dense protein. I was also instructed not to eat nuts for 6 months. Now in maintenance, I eat some nuts every day because I need the fats but you need the protein and meat rather than shakes will keep you filled longer. Just my experience.

Edited to add that for snacks I eat low sodium deli meats like turkey or lean ham with no bread or carbs. They are very filling and have alot more protein than even dairy or nuts.

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

DidiMarie
on 2/25/18 5:43 am
RNY on 01/22/18

Hey, thanks. I'll switch the lettuce to spinach - that sounds great. I have no problems eating or drinking anything. It's a little disconcerting. Hoping this is normal.

I appreciate your advice on the nuts. The meat roll-ups are a great idea. Thanks for the menu tweaking!

Didi

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/25/18 5:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Today I need to pay bills and possibly walk dogs at the shelter. I walked a whole bunch of dogs yesterday. Many new ones so they had crates in addition to the usual large pens everywhere. One very sweet one piqued my maternal instincts when he was super scared coming out of the crate, but then perked up, ran around, then sat in my lap cuddling in the outside "playpen". Unfortunately he has tested positive for Heartworm. He doesn't seem to have physical effects, but they treat them before they can be adopted and I know that can take quite a while. I had a couple of young puppyish ones who clearly hadn't been taught to walk nicely on a leash, so I had to be a bit bossy with them but they were smart enough to more or less understood before the end of the walk. When we had training they explained that helping them learn to walk well and not jump helped them to get adopted and I totally get that.

QOTD: I love color, with neutrals to offset it. I recently was struggling with paint colors because the furniture which came with our Florida house was SO BLAH. I had an epiphany and had the cushions recovered and what a difference! But the rug is a neutral seagrass. Next year I do plan to paint, but changing the cushions made a huge difference (see picture of before and after below).

1 year, 11 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Grilled talapia and veggies.

S: Cottage cheese and/or yogurt and/or prosciutto mozzarella stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Librarian67
on 2/25/18 5:31 am
RNY on 02/28/17

Liz, the cushions are really stunning!

Thanks for sharing about your dog walking. It is so great for you, DH and the dogs that you can help to train and socialize them! It really is important! Enjoy!

HW: 248+, SW (RNY: 2/28/17): 244, GW (10/17): 125; LW: 115; 45# regain (19-20); CW: 135.6; new goal: 135; Plastics: Ext mastopexy, Ext abdominoplasty-5/18/2018; diagnosed w/ gastroparesis 11/20.

Insert Fitness
on 2/25/18 7:01 am

That's a huge difference! I love the beachy vibe!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

MaryEllen OntheEastCoast
on 2/25/18 3:32 pm - CT

Beautiful job on the decor!

karenp8
on 2/25/18 5:53 am - Brighton, IL

Good morning menu friends! Lily and I have our 4 miles in and I'll do another mile after supper. Heading out to church in a few minutes to set up for coffee hour. QOTD personally I love color but hubby likes neutals so most of our house is eggshell. The living room though is a light gray with white trim. Accountability was great yesterday with exercise done and no extra bites taken. Post op 5 years 5.75 months and weight at 119 today. Heres the food plan B 1/2c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter L 4 oz deli meat before we go to the inlaws to spend time with the oldest son and his girlfriend from Minneapolis. D not sure as we may be at the in laws but protein forward for certain S 2 jerky sticks. Have a great day everyone and make some smart and conscious choices! Now to find coffee!

Writergurl08
on 2/25/18 6:48 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Sleeping in this morning with my kitty!

yesterday my cousin came over and we played Mario Kart all afternoon on the Nintendo Switch. Couple of kids we are, sometimes :) it was nice to have the company and she's looking for distraction--just broke up with her fiancé.

qotd: color!! Most of our rooms have a neutral color with some kind of color accent. Our kitchen is a pale tan with one deep chocolate brown wall (countertops and cupboards are dark) and we have bronze/copper accents.

Menu: liquids. But a more detailed list:

breakfast: caramel Premier Protein

lunch: chicken broth with 1 scoop Isopure unflavored protein added

dinner: Greek L&F (varieties without chunks of fruit)

water the rest of the time :)

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

peachpie
on 2/25/18 6:54 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Hi everyone! I'm so happy I did my run outside. It's raining, but I detest treadmill runs so much I decided I'd rather get wet. I was slower than usual, and I need a better quality running jacket for rain- but I got it done! Last night hubby and I did run the marriage ministry meeting, it came together nicely after some tense preparation moments between us.

Today I'm going for the zillionith trip to the mall to find my string bean tall son jeans. He so particular for the style he wants- please cross your fingers!

Qotd: I'm a neutral person. A few years back I tried painting my bedroom with an accent wall. My bedroom is yellow- I was going for a brick accent wall. My room felt like a giant hot dog- ever since I've written off bold colors. (I did paint over the brick colored accent wall).

207 today, 2.9 Years out

post-run: protein bar

m1: I tried two scrambled eggs today. I've been eating one egg/one egg white so long, I realized today I don't even like the taste of 2 whole eggs anymore. Also: 1 panacake, 3 slices turkey bacon.

M2: taco meat, salsa and cheese

m3: bourbon chicken chucks 4.2oz

m4: ??

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Rosemi
on 2/25/18 7:12 am

Morning IF and OHer's, we were supposed to have snow and cold temps all last week and this week too! The forecast was snow for Friday, Saturday and or Sunday...but we ended up with temps in the 30-40 degree range instead...and very minor snow. So thankful...I live in a hilly area and no longer drive in the snow or ice! QOTD...neutrals.. right now I'm in the process (again) of getting rid of "things"...so hard! Then I plan on deciding between black gray and white. Or browns and white...

B 2 egg bites, L 3oz. Creamy chicken, D 3.5oz steak, S Volpi from TJ's. I start the process of having my right knee replaced on March 23rd... this time I should do a lot better... it should be easier....have a great day everyone