Recent Posts

T R.
on 6/8/04 2:05 pm
Topic: RE: Anyone Else Out There?
I haven't had surgery yet, but hope to soon. I am still waiting on approval. Anyway, I want to take up running after surgery. Is it hard to start back to exercise after surgery? I think you two have done really well. I wish you both continued success with your journey. Take care
Christian A.
on 6/7/04 11:29 pm - Keizer, OR
Topic: RE: Anyone Else Out There?
Hi Deb...I am Chris. I have had surgery back in July of 2003 and my weight loss has been slowing down and I still have some more I wish lose. So, I thought I would shake up my exercise routine by jogging a bit. I had always hated running in the past, but now it interests me a bit. I am thinking about going out today after work for a little jog/walk. Sounds like the 1 min. jog and 2 min walk may work for a start for me. Thank you for posting...looks like it just may be the two of us in here -or- maybe others will join if we keep posting. -Chris
TeddysDeb
on 5/1/04 12:00 pm - Chicago Area, IL
Topic: Anyone Else Out There?
I had my surgery in December 2003, and started a program of walking and jogging a month ago. I'm working with a personal trainer, and am up to 20 minutes of 1 minute jog at 4.5 mph and 2 minutes walk at 3.5 mph. I have a goal of finishing a 5k run by the end of this summer. Is there anyone else out there who is learning, or has already learned, to run again? I have this fantasy of getting in good enough shape to, just once in my life, run a marathon. I know that this is a long way in my future, but it is a dream I am striving for. Come keep me company, and we can suport each other! Deb
ericklein
on 5/28/03 12:52 pm - Mission Viejo, CA
Topic: ObesityHelp Magazine is waiting for you!
Our Own Magazine Has Arrived. We've been busy since January putting together our first copy of our quarterly magazine and it's now available for ordering. Click here to order your subscription today. Proceeds from all subscriptions go to the Association for Morbid Obesity Support. Make the investment in both our community as well as your ongoing education in WLS. Recipes, hospital reviews, surgeon scoring, humor, inspiring photos, quality articles, and much more. All these are waiting to reach your door. Rather than produce just a newsletter, we went all out and produced a 64 page magazine for you. Spread the word, ObesityHelp Magazine is available for the community.
Most Active
Recent Topics