TO OLD??

Eula "Evie" R.
on 4/8/11 10:26 am - Mount Nebo, WV

Hi All,

Am I to old to have the sleeve surgery? Am I just fooling myself about and all this? Like I said and I meant it with all my heart, I am doing this first and foremost for my heath, ok that is fine. But when I get to thinking I might look pretty or being small would be wonderful, really should I wake up and smell the rose's. Then I think it is going to be so nice not carry this fat around, it makes me so tired and I get upset at myself for letting me get in this bad shape. I am 56 and will be 57 in June. Guess I am just having weird feelings about all this. I feel if I was younger it would all be worth it. I get so happy for everyone that gets approved, no matter what age.

Really would like some honest feed back. Maybe I think I am not worth it, then I think I am a child of God's and I am worth it, this is his temple and I need to take care of this temple.

My surgery is the 20th and it is getting close.

Thank you all.

God Bless
Evie

Jenijeni
on 4/8/11 10:28 am
EVIE! You are sooooooo worth it! 57 isn't old and where does it say it's too late to start saving your own life? The 20 IS rit around the corner... In two months you will be feeling fabulous and saying "Why did I ever consider not having surgery?"

HW: 250 SW: 224 GW: 135 CW: 124

SassyItalian
on 4/8/11 10:36 am - Basseterre, St. Kitts and Nevis
youre never too old to make a change to improve your life.

HW: 258lbs  SW: 240   CW: 140  I am 5 foot 7 and 30 years old               
                 VSG 12/21/10  Plastics: Tummy tuck, breast lift, and augmentation 11/3/11
                                             Soon to be veterinarian!! xoxo

crystal W.
on 4/8/11 10:37 am - east liverpool, OH
(((((hugs)))))

I think you're getting cold feet.  Just try to imagine that feeling of freedom once the weight starts dropping off.   I believe the Lord wants us to enjoy life and be happy, so, won't you enjoy life even more when you are physically able to get out really be a part of things, instead of living on the sidelines.

Good luck and just keep praying!
Samantha L.
on 4/8/11 10:41 am
you're not too old!!!!! my surgeon does the surgery for people up to age 79! you have a long way to go before then.

my roomate in the hospital was actually 70! and she is doing great right now. she delt with it way better than i did too, she didn't have any nausea or anything. i had some blood in my stomach that made me really nauseated until i vomited it all up, which took 2 days and was painful, but i guess it doesn't happen really often.
sleeve genie
on 4/8/11 10:47 am - Alhambra, CA
I turned 60 the month before my surgery and i feel better than i have in over 20yrs.   If you want a healthy happy life like i did i say go for it.  Its the best thing i ever did but i never had any doubts.  My health had gotten bad and was getting worst.  Now all of my health problems are gone.  :o) jeani
      the start of my brand new life was on 5/28/10

aka  jeaniwantsasleeve!!                  

momokc
on 4/8/11 10:49 am
Too Old???? I think NOT!  I am 62~! and just had my surgery about 2.5 weeks ago!! I plan to live 100 so I figure it is well worth my time and effort!  It may take you and me a little longer to lose the weight because of our age however, ONE IS NEVER TOO OLD to BE HEALTHIER!!  Evie, quit trying to talk yourself out of the surgery...IT IS WORTH EVERY MINUTE, AND EVERY EFFORT THAT IT TAKES!! 
I will say that you will need to not be too hard on yourself and just do what the doctor tells you and the weight will come off!  This is best group to belong with as they are the people who will be here for you when your family and friends aren't.  This is a group with a lot of information and someone has gone through most anything that you will go through so you aren't out there by yourself!  
God Bless you Evie, 
Granny

mimikay
on 4/8/11 10:54 am
NO,NO, NO you're not too old! I'm 55 and feel better than ever. Yes, I have to work on the vanity issue of being pleased that I look better, but I also know I'm healthier than I've been in a long time. Enjoy every minute of being healthier!
  Kay       HW 219/SW 212/CW 134              
Are you kidding me?  56 is NOT too old.  My co-worker just buried his Dad last week ... he was 98 years old.  None of us knows when it will be our time and we have to live each day like it is our last.  I might have a day left, a year, or 50.  However, one thing that was certain, the decision for me to get the surgery was by far, the BEST decision in my life.

Yes, it is so worth it.  Most of us get last minute jitters ... this is probably yours. 

Nancy
"Learn from Yesterday.  Live for Today.  Hope for Tomorrow" - Albet Einstein

didim62
on 4/8/11 11:11 am - Kensington, CT
Evie.....You know that this surgery is going to save your life and allow you a better quality of life for the rest of your life.Your schedued for the 20th which will be here before you now it. It is very normal to be nervous and worry about the surgery but you have to know that it is not anywhere near as bad as it seems and you have a zillion people on here telling you every day how much this surgery has changed their life. You are no different than any of us and are VERY MUCH WORTH IT!!!! Keep your chin up and relax!!!!
Didi ..... Sleeved and living my NEW LIFE!!!!

Highest WT 381   Surgery WT (367.8)    Current WT 236
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 106 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 334 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 384 views