Annoyed.. Just Need To Vent

MrsHelm1012
on 6/17/11 2:07 am - Washingtonville, PA
Ok, so sorry if I ramble, but I am just really pissed. I am a Phlebotomist in a Doctors office, and one of our nurses has now 2x made rude comments about me and my wls. I let it go the 1st time, but now I am just trying not to punch her in her face! Last week I was going out to lunch with one of my girlfriends after work and this nurse asked what I was going to eat (I am 1 month out). I told her I was allowed chicken, so I would probably just get some chicken wings off the appetizer menu. I said I will probably just be able to eat 2, but thats fine with me. She made this face at made and rudely asked if I should be eating that?!?! I said well chicken is on my list, so I am sure it will be fine. None of her business that I had already discussed my lunch date and food options with my NUT. So anyway, I let it go until I found out this morning that yesterday after I left she was in the Lab quizzing my co worker (There are only 2 of us that work in the Lab) about how much weight I have lost and what I am eating! Are you freaking kidding me?!?! She asked my coworker how much weight I have lost and was told that I lost 51 lbs (since starting the wls program.. -19 lbs post op) She made a dirty face and said that she couldnt tell. My Lab co worker said Seriously?? Her clothes are hanging off of her, and he boobs are 1/2 their size! (lol) The nurse was like "Nope, she doesnt look any different to me, and if she keeps eating those chicken fingers she isnt going to lose anymore weight". My Lab co worker pretty much told her that I am sticking to my plan and my Drs are happy with where I am at... And that they werent chicken fingers, they were wings! lol.  It just makes me CRAZY to think that someone feels like they have the right to be sooo nasty! I have gotten along with this nurse very well since she started there. Never once have I mentioned to her that since the day she found out that shes preggers she has been shoveling in about 4000 extra cals a day... Because its none of my business! Before surgery I could eat a whole hoagie with extra toppings, 2 cookies, a sm bag of chips and a large soda and no one would have even thought to comment then. Why? Because I am fat so they expected me to eat like that? I just dont get it. Then she tries being all nice to my face! Yeah, right. That is just not going to fly. Thankfully she will pop that "little" over fed alien out soon and then she is not coming back to work. See ya later! Dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out! Biotch! Ok.. I feel much better. lol. Thanks for letting me vent!!

acbbrown
on 6/17/11 2:12 am - Granada Hills, CA
I had to deal with co-workers being way to involved in my eating, even as a pre-op!!!! Some chick had a mental breakdown because I -OMG- ate a cookie!!! Like seriously, she flipped out.

I wish there was a mute button for these people. Or a zapper. Or a steel toed boot around

Just do what you need to do, and leave it at that.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

debk21
on 6/17/11 2:21 am - Mansfield, TX
The poison pill will be gone soon enough and trust me, your coworkers will be happy about it too.  Let her dig her own hole and you ignore the Biotch and be the better person.  If she gets in your face again, maybe you need to have a private chat with her about her lack of manners and minding her own business...

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

VeraG
on 6/17/11 2:22 am - Bonner Springs, KS

I commend you, because I usually speak before thinking and I would have probably gotten fired.  Why don't you share your knowledge and tell her that baby doesn't need the amount of calories she's shoving in her face.

Living until I die!

diane S.
on 6/17/11 2:28 am
jeez, what a jerk. the good news is that you will continue to lose weight no matter what she says and as you get thinner it will just show what an idiot she is.  But if it continues and gets to annoying I would call her on it and politely say "look, i follow my doctors eating orders and he/she knows more about this than you so i would appreciate it if you keep your thoughts to yourself about what I eat. I am not making comments about your diet so lets keep quiet about what we eat".   if she makes another comment say " since when are you my dietician?"     anyway, good to vent. good luck with your weight loss. you will be slim when she is giant with baby.   Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Crunchy As Can Be
on 6/17/11 2:38 am - NY
Feel free to vent anytime! We're all here to support one another!! Keep up the great work!
 ~~Emily~~

George B.
on 6/17/11 2:42 am, edited 6/17/11 2:42 am - Miami, FL
Losing weight and keeping it off is the best response/revenge.

You're doing great. Keep it up!

lucy2e
on 6/17/11 6:37 am - Laurel, MD
I need a like button!  I agree - living well is the best revenge!  (and for us that means staying on program and losing weight!)

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

Phyllis C.
on 6/17/11 2:47 am
You need to keep her in the dark about your weight and eating habits, otherwise you are going to end up decking her.

Phyllis
"Me agreeing with you doesn't preclude you from being a deviant."

Nicole S.
on 6/17/11 2:51 am - Vallejo, CA

1. I am proud of how well you handled it, cause if it were me being extremely vocal - I wouldnt have been so nice. Kudos for that!

2. Vent anytime - we all have things we need to let out and no one better understands things we go through than as I am finding out - this forum.

Keep up the good work and dont let the ignorant get to you! We are proud of you no matter what!!

~Nicole  
Height 5'1 HW- 320 SW-265 CW- 172.2 GW 140                                

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 143 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 416 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 436 views