Allowed to move to mushies but want to stay on liquids

Caligirlgina
on 6/28/11 7:23 am - CA
I am 11 days out today. I went to my doctor this morning and he told me I can move on to soft/mushy foods starting today. I still don't feel comfortable doing so and want to continue full liquids for at least a few days. Did anyone else do this? I tink I am just nervous because when I started to eat when I had my lapband before I threw up! I don't want anything jeopordizing my success. He told me 4 weeks from today I can start eating normal food.
Gina
  1Mo(July 17, 2011) 265.1 (-28.7) Whoo hooo2Mo (Aug 17, 2011) 258.7 (-6.4) 3mo-253.5(-5.2) Finally broke a 5 week stall

nsblue
on 6/28/11 7:25 am, edited 6/28/11 7:26 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
amazing how every doc has different plans, here in ns liquids are 4 weeks then 4 weeks mushy, it's 8 weeks before normal food....they say it allows the pouch to heal...and aids in weightloss...which is the greatest in the first 6-8 months.

onmywaytoskinny
on 6/28/11 7:32 am - Texas, TX
I have to do liquids for three weeks, mushy for two weeks. I wish I can have something besides liquids! I am counting the days! Lol

emelar
on 6/28/11 7:34 am - TX
Go with what makes you comfortable.  If you want to stay on liquids for a few days more, do it.  The docs give clearance, but it doesn't mean you have to jump right on it. 

And, believe it or not, you're probably not going to have the same problems you had with the band, but I understand your hesitation.
hmd77
on 6/28/11 7:47 am - KY
I am 3 weeks out and wasn't ready for mushies.  I am doing most shakes (breakfast and lunch) and soup for dinner. I did buy some instand mashed potatoes and if they are thinned out, they go down extremely well - AND I feel full!! YAY. Other than that, I am avoiding anything I have to chew or with substance. I am just too nervous about it yet. You are not alone!!

Surgery Date  6/6/2011
Bluegrass Bariatrics
Dr. John Oldham
Add me on FB -  http://www.facebook.com/heavenly12b

Susan0714
on 6/28/11 8:40 am - Kenner, LA
HI Gina,

I am 12 days out today, and I see my doctor tomorrow to I am sure, going to be moved to mushies as well..

I know what you mean though, about wanting to wait to try food.. I have not been hungry these past few weeks, I can't see me being hungry tomorrow.. Maybe maybe not.. I would thinik whatever you want to do would be fine..

I have a friend that had the bypass, and she did not feel like eating for 6 months after her surgery..

Susan
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

MenagerieNik
on 6/28/11 8:58 am
 As long as you are getting enough protein, I don't see why you couldn't stay on liquids a bit longer. If you don't want the food, getting it down is going to be even harder. 

HW: 285 SW: 267 GW: 130
cdepietro
on 6/28/11 9:23 am
My doc is 2 days clear liquids day 3 -7 full iquids including cream of wheat , farina, yogurt. Days 8-20 mushy soft foods. Day 21 solids.
diane S.
on 6/28/11 9:49 am
my program required liquids only for two full  weeks. Lots do. so if you are getting enough protein and fluid with your full liquids, go ahead for a few days. I doubt it will matter. If you ate some mushies today and spit them up probably nothing bad would come of it but its no fun. I see no harm in taking it slowly if you want. And when you get to solid foods you will find you can eat so little of it you will still need some protein supplements.

Since I hated my protein drinks I could hardly wait for that two weeks to go by. But when i started mushies it went fine except there was no way i could eat enough to eliminate the protein drinks. So don't toss them out!!    Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

acbbrown
on 6/28/11 11:46 am - Granada Hills, CA
I was really nervous to try, but it went very smoothly. Just try a few small bites, and see how it goes. As long as you take it slow, and chew chew chew, it will be fine.

I'm happpppyyy to be eating mushy food. I still have to have shakes but it's nice to have the variety.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 92 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 314 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 362 views