Please tell me I'm not alone!

amyl0528
on 5/27/12 5:51 am
I got sleeved 3.5 weeks ago and my recovery for the first 2.5 weeks was what seemed to be a breeze.  I mean, I did have a horrible time with nausea in the hospital on the first night and pain but after about the 4th day I felt awesome.  Protein shakes, water, popsicles etc were a breeze to get down.

It seems as though this past week I'm going down hill.  I started getting really insane heartburn so my prilose was upped and  I was also given zantac.  It seems to have subsided a little bit which is good.  But now , everytime I eat or drink I get soooooooooooooooooo full super fast and start to feel nauseas.  I just don't get it, I was doing so well.

I just hope nothing is wrong and someone can relate. 

VSG Surgery May 1, 2012
louisamay
on 5/27/12 5:53 am
VSG on 04/27/12
Have you moved on to mushies?

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

amyl0528
on 5/27/12 5:54 am
No, I start them on the 29th.

VSG Surgery May 1, 2012
amyl0528
on 5/27/12 5:55 am
water hurts and protein shakes.  Seems like the only thing I can tolerate are popsicles.

VSG Surgery May 1, 2012
louisamay
on 5/27/12 6:01 am
VSG on 04/27/12
I'm hoping somebody with more experience will come along, but it has been pointed out to me that all those nerves that were cut in the removal of most of the stomach may take awhile to start firing on all cylinders again.  Maybe that's what's happening?  Your nerves are regrowing and are now registering what they didn't before?

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

HowieG
on 5/27/12 6:07 am
VSG on 03/28/12
Water is very hard for me too
I am nearly 2 months out
Just hang in there. Don't lose hope
To infinity and beyond - I have an ongoing blog Pre -> Post - Feel free to drop in 
                                  http://howiegordonadaped.blogspot.com/ 

amyl0528
on 5/27/12 6:13 am
Thanks guys!  I was wondering why it seemed so "easy" for me :)  I still do not regret anything and I'm hanging in there!

VSG Surgery May 1, 2012
acbbrown
on 5/27/12 6:32 am - Granada Hills, CA
 Sometimes -without realizing it - we speed up how quickly we eat/drink? Maybe a possibility? Just pay attention and see if maybe you started drinking a little quicker now that the swelling is going down and you are a little more comfortable?

Otherwise, I can tell you, even a year out, I have days where my sleeve is picky...from being a bottomless pit to stuffed after a couple bites. No rhyme or reason that I can tell. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

peeches35
on 5/27/12 6:54 am
VSG on 04/03/12
tak gas x it sound like gas remember those day you will be okay

SO INLOVE WITH MY SELF

(deactivated member)
on 5/27/12 7:29 am
My guess is that you need to slow everything way down.  Try drinking warm tea, I couldn't handle water for the first year due to the pH levels and surface tension, but warm liquids worked.  I would eat pencil eraser size bites, chew them 30 times and eat less than 1/4 cup at a time.  I used baby utensils and tiny bowls.  If I didn't finish my food in 15 min., I called it a meal and moved on.  I would drink shot size amounts of protein shakes every 15 min. to stay hydrated and to increase my protein count for the day.  I took it real slow on myself and eventually, I healed.  It takes a while, but it is the very best thing I have ever done for myself.  (besides marrying my husband).  This too shall pass.  Hang in there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 80 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 292 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views