Having a difficult time eatting ( VETs sound in)

Moniachelle
on 8/25/12 8:57 pm
VSG on 05/22/12
 I'm  3 months post op and I'm having a hard time eatting.   I'm at the point nothing looks or sounds good.  So I want eat. I'm drinking my shakes  and water but I know I need to eat something I
hope this passes soon.  I'm really tired. Any suggestion ?  

acbbrown
on 8/25/12 9:15 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 If you arent eating, you will be tired. If you are tired, you probably dont want to eat. Catch 22 :)

Make a schedule and eat. We need to fuel our bodies not our minds - and on the same thought, can't let our minds tell us not to eat. Trust me, i had those moments early out and really pray for days where I dont want to eat - it is a necessary evil though. Hang in there. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

jubjub
on 8/26/12 2:53 am - Palm Desert, CA
VSG on 06/25/12
 I'm two months out and feeling the same.  Partly it's because so many things I've tried just don't sit well and I feel a bit nauseated after one or two bites of most proteins... It has got to the point where that's happened so often that when I just think about eating I feel a lump forming in my throat.

I keep trying different things though.  Yesterday I tried organic turkey breast lunch meat, a little olive oil mayo, rolled up in a lettuce leaf and that both sounded good and sat well (finally!) so hopefully I can build on that.  

Keep trying!

Heaviest: 313/VSG Pre: 295/Surgery: 260/Maintenance target:190 - Recent: 195 (08/15/19)

1st 2015&2016 12-Hour Time Trial UMCA 50-59 Age Group
1st 2017 Race Across the West 4-Person 50-59 Age Group
4th 2019 Race Across America 8 Person Team

happyteacher
on 8/26/12 4:07 am
 This may also sound counterintuitive-

Exercise.  

My energy level at one point pre op was super low (cancer related).  The NUT suggested that I begin to exercise because it would overall increase my energy level.  i was exhausted at the time, but did start.  It helped.  

I also notice that when I exercise that my appetite increases.  

I also agree with Acbrown.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

fireman441
on 8/26/12 5:07 am - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 i did feel the same way as you do now .im 5 mo out and it is getting better ,but very slow,food is not the same at all .if i dont eat  its cool .but do drink your water and take you shakes..

it will get better but very slow ..best of luck  bruce

Ms. Poker Face
on 8/26/12 5:12 am
The lack of nutrition is likely driving the tiredness.  So you have to find a way to eat.  It's almost like medicine at this point - fuel for your body.  Try different foods in different forms with different flavors to see if some things work better than others.  

Get your body moving too.  I know this sounds impossible since you are tired, but exercise causes blood flow increases which can help with the tiredness.  And may drive you to have some hunger feelings because your body will want fuel to help it exercise.  A good cycle.  Try it.

Good luck.

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

sleevegirl
on 8/26/12 6:05 am - Austin, TX
As you've already been told... eat.

Make a schedule and eat.

If you need to, make up the food ahead of time. If it helps, eat the same thing every day. Do what works for you. Food is your body's fuel. xoxo

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

Paul5678
on 8/26/12 8:15 am - United Kingdom
Make up an egg custard using sweetener, add extra skimmed milk or protein powder and ground almonds.  Goes down easily and you can add linseeds when eating for an interesting crunch and helps bowel movement.  There are still days when I'm just not interested in eating...
LadydeeNJ
on 8/26/12 8:21 am - NJ
VSG on 08/13/12
Wow egg custard sounds right up my ally Paul5678 can u give me that recipe ?
  Diana aka Ladydee NJ        
Paul5678
on 8/26/12 12:58 pm - United Kingdom

EGG CUSTARD

1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or skimmed milk Add 1/4 cup dried skimmed milk if needed

2/3 cup shredded coconut or ground almonds

1 cup granular Splenda

5 large eggs

1 tsp almond extract

1 tsp vanilla extract

Grate some nutmeg on top, or add a little mixed spice to the mixture

Pre heat oven to 400

Mix ingredients

Pour egg mixture into glass oven dish

Place in oven on top rack

Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes

Turn oven down to 350

Bake an additional 30-40 minutes until knife inserted comes out clean

This was wonderful if I didn't fancy anything else.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 269 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views