Did I make the right choice?

nomorebigp
on 8/28/12 8:28 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 I am 4 weeks post op and feel like crap. I'm down 54 pounds but my sleeve is swollen. I can't eat or drink much without wanting to puke. I didn't sign up for this.
acbbrown
on 8/28/12 8:41 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 I'm assuming you're following up with your surgeon?  What does he say?

WLS isn't a walk in the park -it's a rough transition but it does get better v

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

nomorebigp
on 8/28/12 8:43 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 Yeah I followed up he told me to take Prilosic OTC for 2 weeks.
acbbrown
on 8/28/12 8:46 pm - Granada Hills, CA
Ive seen a general recommndation to take the PPI for 6 months. I see many many newbies here complaining of hunger and none of them are on PPIs. Keep taking it and realize that you just have to take it slow right now - itty bitty sips and bites. It wont be like that forever!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

INgirl
on 8/28/12 8:46 pm
Were you not given that from the beginning? Normally we get released on a PPI for at least a few months..
INgirl
on 8/28/12 8:45 pm
At 4 weeks, you shouldn't be able to eat very much.. drinking should be going ok at this point though. 

Can you give an example of what you can eat and can drink so folks can get a better idea if there may be a problem or it may be totally normal.

For example, at a month- I could eat 3/4 of an egg in about 30 mins or so, or not quite 1/4c cottage cheese, or about an ounce - 1.5oz moist meat.. same time frame- 30-40mins. Are you eating very quickly or taking normal sized bites? That can make your stomach pretty angry.. early out, it's very slow, and very cautious small bites. It gets better. I now can eat 2-2.5oz at a sitting, in 20mins or so.. and no longer take itty-bitty forkfulls.

Drinking, I had to flavor my water to get it down, but as long as my stomach was empty, I could hit 80-100oz fluids a day.. it took a while, it was work, but it did go down.

carebear32958
on 8/28/12 9:07 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
I'm finding that right now any dairy based products like my protein powders, make my new tummy really angry.  I have read quite a few ppl have experienced the same.  Also, definitely make sure to take your PPI!  Have you spoken with your surgeon?  Is he the one who told you your sleeve was "swollen" ?
Marioksig
on 8/28/12 10:38 pm - Santa Clara, CA
 Give it time and stick to the post op diet! It will all be worth it!!!! 

100 LBS gone in 3 Months! - 150 LBS gone in just over 5 Months! 

200 LBS gone in just under 9 Months!

Please Check out my blog:
www.sheddingounces.net  

fireman441
on 8/29/12 4:52 am - CT
VSG on 03/26/12
 yes your sleeve is swollen.and will be for apx.6mo..it will get better but slow give it time ..good luck..

Phatchick
on 8/29/12 6:11 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
 I promise you will look back at this post someday and know it was all worth it. Good times are coming. I promise 

Keep taking the PPI. I had to take mine 2X per day in the beginning. The swelling will eventually subside. Keep drinking. That is the most important thing you can do right now.

Best,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 361 views