Kathy S.’s Posts

Kathy S.
on 1/29/09 1:23 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? Still on the wagon?
Hey Girl,

You are ROCKIN and I am so proud of you....I wanted to share some sites and magazines with you I find very motivational and helpful...

Here are some links for you to check out:

http://www.oxygenmag.com/

http://www.womenfitness.net/

http://www.womenfitness.net/programs/strength/

I think you will enjoy these...

Keep up the great work and pray we get some better weather soon...

Take care,
Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Kathy S.
on 1/29/09 12:17 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? Still on the wagon?
Hey Everyone 

Well it's been almost 30 days since we were all rah, rah, about getting back on track with food, exercise, vitamins or what ever we wanted to improve on...  How we doing? 

If you are right on, FABULOUS, keep it up    If it's been hit or miss, don't worry it's a good start    If you have given up and feel like you failed again    DON'T  

Take it one day at a time, and feel good about what you have done today, before  you know it today will become a week and a week a month...    So get out those sweats and let's MOVE TO  LOSE  

I did 3 miles on the treadmill today and hope to do some free weights tonight after work 

So my friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on in and let's get going

Stay Strong, Sexy and Sassy 

Take care,
Kathy 

Kathy S.
on 1/28/09 2:32 am
Topic: RE: Are you in Scale Hell? Scale Hell Challenge!
Hey Everyone 

I wanted to talk about how we measure our success or lack there of from that little box with numbers.  Yea, the scale    How many of you are in scale hell ?    

I can't tell you how many emails I get or posts I see where someone is doing great with their food, exercising and noticing a difference in their clothes and then when they get on the scale it all goes out the window because the box doesn't register the "right" number for them.    Or I have seen members getting on that box several times a day and think they have gained right after eating    What is up with that?

So my friends, here is my challenge to  you    Take this challenge and by the time we are done you will be out of scale hell  

Get someone in your house to hide your scale, yes you read it right    Have them hide it and no matter how bad you beg they can't give it back to you.  Try it for 30 days, or start it on 2/1 and weigh yourself on 2/28 

I know you are freaking out,   you are saying are you nuts.    But just think of the freedom you will feel, not stressing over did I go up one pound, am I losing like everyone else?  It's that time of the month and I gained what? 

YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE EATING RIGHT, YOU KNOW IF YOU ARE EXERCISING OR NOT.  If you make the right choices the scale will be your friend in 28 days.

If you just can't do it and will jump off a bridge without it, at least give me 2 weeks OK

Come on, I double dog dare ya  Join me in the Scale Hell Challenge. 

Count me in 2 week goal

Count me in 28 day goal

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/21/09 6:57 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today?
Well after such a great workout I would say you deserve a rest today... But we want to see  ya moving tomorrow

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/21/09 12:52 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today?
Hey Everyone

We are all tired today as I think we feel hung over from all the Politics and TV.  So as they say Back To Life, Back To Reality 

I was able to get 3 miles in on the treadmill this morning and hope to do either some lower body work tonight or bag work 
So my friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintained
Today?  Come on in and share, inspire and let's keep spring, shorts and swim suits in mind as it will be here before we know it.

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/20/09 12:24 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? HOPE!
No matter where you stand or who you voted for, we all need and know the power of the word HOPE    What is happening on this historic day gives us all HOPE.  I am going to not post about exercise today but remind us all of the power of the word HOPE 

We in the family of obesity know without this word and what it represents we will never accomplish anything in life, including weight loss 

Hope is a belief in a positive outcome related to events and cir****tances in one's life. Hope is the feeling that what is wanted can be had or that events will turn out for the best. [1] To hope is to wish for something with the expectation of the wish being fulfilled, a key condition in unrequited love. [2] Hopefulness is somewhat different from optimism in that hope is an emotional state, whereas optimism is a conclusion reached through a deliberate thought pattern that leads to a positive attitude.

When used in a religious context, hope carries a connotation of being aware of what Christians see as spiritual "truth"; see Hope (virtue). In Christian theology, hope is one of the three theological virtues (faith, hope, and charity), which are spiritual gifts of God. In contrast to the above, it is not a physical emotion but a spiritual grace. Hope is distinct from positive thinking, which refers to a therapeutic or systematic process used in psychology for reversing pessimism. The term false hope refers to a hope based entirely around a fantasy or an extremely unlikely outcome.

History

Hope was personified in Greek mythology as Elpis. When Pandora opened Pandora's Box, she let out all the evils except one: hope. Apparently, the Greeks considered hope to be as dangerous as all the world's evils. But without hope to accompany all their troubles, humanity was filled with despair. It was a great relief when Pandora revisited her box and let out hope as well. It may be worthy to note that in the story, hope is represented as weakly leaving the box but is in effect far more potent than any of the major evils. In some faiths and religions of the world, hope plays a very important role. Hope can be passive in the sense of a wish, or active as a plan or idea, often against popular belief, with persistent, personal action to execute the plan or prove the idea. Consider a prisoner of war who never gives up hope for escape and, against the odds, plans and accomplishes this. By contrast, consider another prisoner who simply wishes or prays for freedom, or another who gives up all hope of freedom.

Hugs to you all 

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/19/09 2:09 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? Music!
Hey Everyone 

I hope your weekend was a ROCKIN one...  We had a heat wave and I was so excited...low 20's baby    Where's my shorts  

The old voice is going and my throat is sore, so I am not going to do much today and hope I can get back tomorrow...  I was thinking how music is such a great motivator, let's share some of our favs on the IPod and what gets you movin

Cardio  - these are all in dance/trance format

After all
Another Night
Be My Lover
Beach Breeze
Bizarre Love Triangle
Com'n on and let's ride it
Close to you
Don't cha
Every time we touch
Faithfully
Fascinated
Good Vibrations
House is not a home
It's Raining Men
Keep Me Hanging on

So my friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on in and share and inspire and let us know what's on your ipod that gets ya going 

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/16/09 12:28 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? Let's talk walking...
Hey Everyone
Let's talk walking....  

Most of us can't run due to bad knees and or back issues from the  excess weight we carried all our lives... 

Once we have lost our weight we feel we can at least start walking. 

Here are some websites that will help you get started.  Grab  your pet, co-workers and or neighbors to walk with you.  Start your own walking club.  It's harder to say I don't feel like it today when you have people knocking on your door!

http://www.thewalkingsite.com/beginner.html

http://win.niddk.nih.gov/publications/walking.htm

http://walking.about.com/cs/beginners/a/blhowprepare.htm

http://www.vanderbilt.edu/wellnesscenter/walking_program.htm l

So My Friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  It's Friday and the weekend is around the corner.  If it's nice out where you live, get your butt outside and smell the fresh air, walk your fur babies.  If you live in the freeze zone like me, go to a mall, or local Y to use the track.

Have a great weekend

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/15/09 12:13 am
Topic: RE: Keeping Graduates Motived!
Hi Debbiejean,

I have missed you and congratulations on your wonderful news 

Sounds like you are doing great with staying on track and what an inspiration.  Keep up the great job you are doing

The cold we are experiencing is a night mare, it's 16 below right now and that isn't the wind chill 

Glad you are back!!!

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/15/09 12:09 am
Topic: RE: Did You More To Lose Today? Bringing up the rear!
Hey Everyone 

It's so cold here I think our house cracked in the middle of the night.....

Let's do some exercises on the one part of our body we love to hate....our butt!  Baby got back!!!

Glutes

Squats
http://www.shapefit.com/quadriceps-exercises-dumbbell-squats .html

http://www.shapefit.com/quadriceps-exercises-barbell-squats. html

please note, if you are starting out, do this without weights....then free weights and then barbell

Lunges
http://www.shapefit.com/quadriceps-exercises-dumbbell-lunges .html

http://www.shapefit.com/quadriceps-exercises-barbell-lunges. html

http://www.shapefit.com/quadriceps-exercises-dumbbell-rear-l unges.html

same as above, no weights, free weights and then barbell

Take an exercise band and tie it and place it around your ankles..do side steps

So my friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on in and let's stay warm by moving, moving, moving.  Share and inspire others with your exercise!

Stay Sexy, Sassy and Strong 

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/13/09 11:34 pm
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? Baby it's cold outside!
Hey Everyone 

It's snowing so hard you can't see outside the windows and it's so cold they are asking people to not go out and they even have a Pet alert.  Ok, I should have taught my dog to use a kitty box 

I  am not going out in this cold so I am working out at home 

My workout is 3 miles on the treadmill, and doing my core work on the exercise ball.  I did tummy crunches front center, sides, planks and bicycles.

http://www.shapefit.com/abs-exercises-exercise-ball-crunches.html

http://www.shapefit.com/stability-ball-core-training.html

So my friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on in and be accountable, sharing and inspiring others 

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/12/09 11:24 pm
Topic: RE: Did You More To Lose Today? Back On Track with Exercise!
Hey Everyone 

We know exercise is good for us, we know it's key to losing weight and keeping it off, but most of us just HATE IT    Or just don't know where to start    Here are some suggestions for getting back on track with exercise  

Recognizing it's important and you want it in your life is the first step 

Stop beating yourself up for not exercising and or getting off track 

Go back and think of common denominators that threw you off, like were you tired at the end of the day?  Was it to hard to get up in the morning?  Make changes to address these road blocks. 

Write it down on a calender, plan your workouts in writing, commit 

Plan your workouts, if you signed up for dance, plan what days you feel  you will get there.  If you are working out at a gym plan your routine.  If you can afford it, get a PT to get you back on track 

Take action!  If you can't go to a gym then make plans to work out at home.  Do you need any equipment to do so?  Wal-Mart has great prices on simple tools like the exercise ball and light weights.  Watch FiTV, they have all kinds of different WORK OUTS.  Get a step counter, Heart Rate Monitor, what ever equipment  you feel will help you get back on track and stay on track.

If you have not worked out in awhile, then when you do get back you are going to hurt EVERYWHERE  Don't let that get you down, but use it as motivation that you are BACK 

Baby Steps - if you try to do to much to soon you can injure yourself and or just burn out fast 

Come here to this thread daily and be accountable and post what you did, what worked and what didn't.  We are here to help and 2009 will make  you look and feel FINE 

Anything you do to MOVE TO LOSE AND OR MAINTAIN will pay off BIG TIME

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/12/09 3:07 am
Topic: RE: Did You More To Lose Today?
Hey Everyone 

I tell you this winter weather and the lack of sunshine and warmth is getting to me    They now say another blizzard is coming and then it's going to be so cold they are saying to not let our pets go outside   I was able to get out of under the covers and did 3 miles on the treadmill and some uppper body work so that was a good start.  Being doing better with the eating thanks to the BOTT group here (Back On Track Together).

So my friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on in and let me know the sun is shining where you are and remind me how wonderful it is to walk in the sun shine 

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/9/09 12:04 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? First week of the new year!
Hey Everyone 

It's Friday and the first week of the New Year...  Are things going on in the world have you down    Don'****ch the news    Second get out and take a walk, or just move.  Exercise in any form really helps us mentally as well as feel and look better.  If you live in an area where you can't get out, try walking the mall or the stores.

Try it you'll like it

So my friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on in and let's support, inspire and move, move, move

Take care,
Kathy 

Kathy S.
on 1/7/09 12:53 am
Topic: RE: Did You More To Lose Today?
Hey Everyone

Do you find that when the sun doesn't shine you don't feel that energy that you have when the sky is blue and the sun is shining bright?  I need to go and get one of those sun lamps  I am feeling the winter blues for sure  But I have a good cure?  Exercise

So my friends Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on in and share inspire and kick up some dirt

I have been so busy getting the Back On Track Together group going I ended up down stair****ting the bag and the treadmill here at home.

Let's hear from you all

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/6/09 2:38 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? Let's Rock n Roll!
Hey Everyone,

As I drove to the gym I was not able to find a parking place....it's the same this time every year  But doesn't last...

What are you going to do to make sure you are working out all  year long?  I am going to come here and be accountable and  you guys can kick me in the butt if I don't

I did upper body work out and 30 mins of cardio

So my freinds, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on and let's Rock n Roll

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/5/09 1:11 am
Topic: RE: Back On Track Together - Join Our New Group!
If your goal for 2009 is getting back to the basics with your food, exercise, taking vitamins and or whatever, come join us  

Back On Track Together

Happy New Year my OH Family 

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 1/5/09 12:14 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? It's A New Year!
Hey Everyone

I can't believe it's 2009  Let's use this New Year to get Back On Track with your exercise  And if you have not been exercising, now the time to start and come here form support, encouragement and accountability

If you go all out and say I am going to work out 6 days a week and pile it on you will burn out fast and quit before 30 days.  Take baby steps, small goals that you can do and feel good about  your self

If you have not been doing anything at all, walk more, take stairs, park far away in parking lots.  Walk the entire mall when shopping.  Small stuff, then slowly increase what you are doing. 

If you have been working out, then look to increase your sets and or weights.  Looked to change the intensity and or try new things...  What ever you do, please give it 30 days and I  promise you will love the way you are feeling  Granted it may have days when you are sore    but that is normal...work through it and you will be glad you did!

So my friends, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  Come on in and let's get this new year going!!!!

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 12/31/08 9:16 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? I love new beginnings!
You have already what a difference makes with 50 pounds...  Keep movin and losin and curves would be a great way to do so without doing to much...   Once you lose 100 pounds I bet you a protein drink you will want to take on something more challenging than curves...

Keep up the great job you are doing!!!

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 12/30/08 10:22 pm
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? I love new beginnings!
Hey Everyone

I for one will be so glad this year is over....not a good one for me on soooo many levels 

We say we are going to reflect and make changes rather it be losing weight or other areas of our lives, but the end of one year and the beginning of a new year is a great time to do so.

Moving and Losing is my number one goal.  Getting
Back On Track is another. One thing I am going to do is make an effort to write things down more.  We all know this is a great way to get a clear picture of what is happening with our eating and exercising...

So my friends, Did You Move To Lose Today?  Come on in and let us know how great you are doing, what works and not  We are here for each other

Happy New Year

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 12/30/08 3:18 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? Let's Get Back On Track!
Hey Everyone

How are you doing?  Are you like me and realizing this year is almost over.  I don't know about you but this year can let the door hit it in the a$$ on the way out.  It was not a good one for me at all   With my husbands health issues I let myself go and feel like crap and looking foward to getting
Back On Track   Not to mention all the heartach and suffering going on around us. 

Come on members and let's get this new year started right  Exercise is key to feeling well, strong and losing weight and keeping it off

Come on in and share with us, Did You Move To Lose and or Maintain Today?  If you are not working out, commit now, we are here for you  Be sure and stop by the
Back On Track Group and sign up now!  Together we can make 2009 the BEST EVER

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 12/29/08 12:30 am
Topic: RE: Did You Move To Lose Today? NOW IS THE TIME!
Hey Everyone, 

Come on in and let's get this party started  If you are new to Move To Lose let's talk.  This is a thread to help you get started and stay on track with an exercise routine.  We count everything here, walking, shopping, gardening...just so you are moving

If you are working routines, come here and post what you are doing, it helps you stay on track and others with their routine 

Today, tomorrow and Weds, come in and let's talk about all the reasons you "don't " workout

Let's get it out on the table and then we will make a promise to each other to stay on course.  If you are already working out, come in and share and inspire

Groups are not officially on line yet and we are still putting it all together, but if you are struggling with anything weight related, come in and join us with our new group Back On Track Together

I will be posting more about it all this week

Take care,
Kathy

Kathy S.
on 12/26/08 1:37 am
Topic: RE: Calling all surgery angels - let's breath life into this program!
Hi Everyone 

I can't tell you what a difference it made in my journey to have a surgery angel guiding me all the way.  Holding my hand and just being there.  Mine was across the country and I loved her for all she did.

I see a lot of emails from members getting ready for surgery and are scared and posted asking for a surgery angel, with no responses.  I am seeing less and less posts from surgery angels asking for support comments on profiles, and other things that angels do for pre-ops and newbies.   

I was so scared before my surgery, and when I saw all the good luck wishes in my comment section I was so empowered.  When I had complications my surgery angel posted about it and all the commments again help me through a very rough time 

Please everyone, take a moment to go to this angel link and pay it forward to those that are just starting out 

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/be+an+angel.php

Take care,
Kathy  

Kathy S.
on 12/23/08 4:18 am
Topic: RE: Gearing Up For The Holidays - Daily Word For Success! Money!
Hey Everyone,

I know you are scratching  your head on this one    You are thinking ok, what does MONEY have to do with my weight loss?    Well, it can be the do or die word for success   No matter what procedure we are going to have, here in this country, MONEY can dictate who lives and who dies.  I love the show Ruby, and wish her all the luck in the world as we have all been there and done that    But how many of us have the MONEY (or insurance plan) that would pay for a PC, Nut, Trainers, pre-packaged food and shrink?  And might I add, most of these services will be needed on an on going basis, even after she hits goal for life.

A lot of us were using the equity in our homes, for financing the procedure but that is not an option any longer   If we are lucky enough to get the money for the procedure then we have the money issues of food, supps, cost of exercise, new clothes etc......

Know the costs going in, have a plan, and being prepared will take MONEY out of the equation   Where there is a will there is a way. 

And do me a BIG favor  Write down all the junk you buy for food, including all the fast food places you visit on a daily basis (or use to), and eating out.   Have a dollar amount written down     of what you spend on those bad foods and with that in mind, don't tell me you can't afford the surgery and buying healthy foods after the procedure.  If you cut back and or cut out all the junk, you have a great savings plan going 

Bottom line, don't let MONEY stand in the way of making you the BEST you can be inside and out

Take care,
Kathy

MISSING THE MOVE TO LOSE THREAD?  HANG ON, IT'S COMING BACK AFTER CHRISTMAS.  GET YOUR BUTT DUSTED OFF AND GET READY TO MOVE TO LOSE AGAIN   

Kathy S.
on 12/19/08 6:08 am
Topic: RE: Gearing Up For The Holidays - Daily Word For Success! Love!
Hey Everyone 

Whew, what a week with the launch and all.   Nothing blew up so I am happy, some tweaking here and there but we will get there

I wanted to finish the week out with a real powerful word.  And the word for today and 
keeping on track is LOVE.  I don't mean the kind of love you feel for a special someone, or your kids and friends.  I mean you need to LOVE  yourself.  It's ok to not like yourself from time to time but you  have to LOVE yourself for anything to be possible.

In a conversation I was  having with a good friend, we were realizing that to accomplish what we want in life rather it be success in weight loss or anything else in life we have to LOVE ourselves.  I don't like myself when I gain a few pounds but I LOVE myself enough, to know I can and will
Get Back OnTrack 

So take some time out of this busy holiday season and realize you are LOVED and LOVE yourself first

Take care,
Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics