VSG Maintenance Group

Total Regression

diane S.
on 2/20/12 3:50 am
No, I have not regressed in my eating habits. This is about lifestile. I was in college 1969-73 at the time of Kent State, cultural revolution , feminist movement and all that. While I grew up and had a real job for 25 years I ditched it nearly 10 years ago and moved to a funky little northern california community that reminds me of my pseudo hippy days. Its fun.

But now I have taken the final step of regressing to those days. Going without a bra like I used to do way back when. Having lost all this weight its not an issue and in our cool climate several layers of clothes are neccessary anyway.

Will I burn my bras?  Nah, you have to get a burn permit. And I do need them somedays.

BTW I am not wearing tie dyed stuff or smoking you-know-what. Gotta draw the line somewhere. But its sure fun to have the energy for more youthful behavior even if its with grey hair now.

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Lee ~
on 2/20/12 4:18 am - CA
 I couldn't agree more about the youthful behavior!

We appear to be the same age, I'm a year older as I started Kent in 1968.

I would ditch the bra if I didn't think it would jeopardize the lift I just got.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

MacMadame
on 2/20/12 4:40 am - Northern, CA
I would LOVE to be small enough not to have to wear a bra!

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

ThinLizzy
on 2/20/12 5:01 am
Well, I'm just a little younger..college was 72-76, but I remember all that. I did my first year of college at UC Berkeley and it was right after the last big riot and tear gassing. It was kind of a wild place and a bit too much for little old sheltered me, so I transferred...but anyway, I've gone without a bra a few times in sun dresses and the like, and it's amazing! I couldn't have done that even with the weight loss if I hadn't had a reduction, which I LOVE...

Lizanne

Marie B.
on 2/20/12 7:49 am - Pitman, NJ
VSG on 09/20/10 with
 Good for you!  I love it!  I was in college in the early 70's, so not quite the total Flower Child experience.  I did wear long braids with leather ties, and big bell bottoms, angle sleeved shirts.  Ahh, those were the days!  My old girls are a bit deflated to go braless, but I sure would love to! 
Highest weight ever recorded: 224lbs.    Surgery weight: 194 lbs.
Goal range:  130-135 lbs.
  Lowest:119.7   Current weight 142lbs Height: 5' 2" almost

heathermc44
on 2/20/12 9:35 am - Bremerton, WA
Where do you live?  My dad lives in Copperopolis near Angels Camp.  Neat area!  I would love to live up there.  He's semi retired but does stay in San Jose 3 days out of the week.  So, he gets the best of both worlds.

diane S.
on 2/20/12 10:22 am
northern california humboldt county. in the redwoods. diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Krazydoglady
on 2/20/12 10:49 am - FL
I am a child of the 80's, so less hippy more tragically hip.  Having said that, when I go bra shopping and ask for the 32B's or 34A's the "why are you even bothering?" looks led me to see that they are indeed optional attire for me. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

PBJ
on 2/20/12 11:44 pm
You go girl!

I would feel so uncomfortable without one but I am glad that you can do that!  I actually forgot to put one on one day...(I know...what a dork!)  I have been wearing those flexee things or some sort of cammisole since have my PS because of the binder...and I guess I just forgot...and the whole day at work, I was so uncomfortable thinking my boobs were hanging!

Glad to hear that you are not doing tie dyed and the other stuff too!!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
moparmemaw
on 2/23/12 8:35 am - IA
Oh Diane this made me laugh out loud.  Oh the good (?) old days.  Sit ins, protests, love beads, tie dye, "groovy", etc.  Those really were the days, weren't they?

Sometimes when I start talking about those days, the younger generation (I'm talking people in their 40s) are just amazed at my experiences.  They said their lives were boring compared to my experiences. 

And WE had muscle cars!  I still love those cars....hence moparmemaw.   I pretty much love the Mopars.  But all of those muscle cars were so cool.  GTO, Mustangs, Vett's, Camaros, Firebirds, etc.  The bright colors, loud motors and of course the hot guys who drove them.  My DH was one of those hot guys.  Drove a 1970 Hemi Orange Dodge Dart.  We have one just like it now. 

Those were the days, my  friend, we thought they'd never end, those were the days, oh yes those were the days.....

Wanda
Some people might not support my WLS decision. 
Those people remind me of slinkys. Not good for much but it would would bring a smile to my face if someone pushed them down the stairs.

Ticker includes Pre-op weight loss 24 lb.