VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » fruit in maintenanc...

fruit in maintenance

Lee ~
on 7/12/12 12:17 am - CA
 Gail, when I was a raw vegan, I had spinach in my shakes every day.  It really doesn't change the taste at all.  

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

loverofcats
on 7/12/12 1:02 am
It was a very pleasant surprise. Now, my spinach doesn't go bad.  I think I will try branching out and try some different combinations. Great way to get wonderful nutrition, without trying to eat a salad, which I'm not very good at.

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

laurak712
on 7/11/12 10:02 am - New Braunfels, TX
I don't limit fruit.  If I want it, I eat it and it does not trigger me at all.  I know I didn't become obese from too many apples, lol.  I really can't eat that much at once so I don't worry about it at all.  That mixed fruit salad in your pics looks delicious!  I even eat bananas, gasp!  I am very confident with my diet in maintenance and have not fluctuated more than a couple of pounds in over 2 years.  I would say that I eat a higher carb diet than most around here and it works well for me. 

Laura

Height 5' 7

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/11/12 10:11 am
 never occured to me not to eat bananas.
Mother Nature made something beautiful with fruit.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

diane S.
on 7/11/12 1:29 pm
I eat fruit - grapes every day, berries in season and sometimes apples. also some melon. I don't eat many bananas. Usually one fruit serving a day. My surgeon says they are sugar delivery systems but i think they have fiber and satisfy sweet tooth and are beneficial. But I can't eat big amounts and keep up with the protein.

diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

bunnymom
on 7/11/12 3:06 pm
Just have to pass on a trick I learned tonight. I was at a meeting and did not order a meal, like everyone else did. Instead ordered hot tea. They brought me a plate of lemon slices. Suddenly, I felt sorry for myself as I watched everyone eat their hamburgers and french fries. So, not wanting to really order anything and also craving fruit (been off fruit for 18 months) I put some packets of Splenda on the lemon wedges, and pushed the Splenda into the flesh with my index finger. Then I ate them and they tasted like ambrosia, like the best lemonade you can imagine. 18 months ago I would have scoffed at such an idea, but tonight it was the food of the Gods. I plan to go out and buy some lemons and do the same thing in my home. Will prevent Vit C deficiency too, which I had started to get a few months ago and had to go on replacement therapy. Cheers everyone!
Bunnymom            
CJCC55
on 7/11/12 9:42 pm - Cleveland, TN
I don't limit fruit at all, or anything else for that matter,
but each person has to taylor make their own maintenance program since everyone's triggers are different. I find that I cannot consume enough food to gain any weight, and indeed, will lose wt slowly if I cannot really focus on what I eat. I have to work hard to eat enough to maintain my weight. (a problem I never thought I would have..)
I try hard to eat a balanced diet of fruits, vegies, and grains along with the protein requirments.

Wishing you all the best, Carol       
count your blessings!!!!   At goal weight.   I am 5 ft 3.    

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 7/12/12 5:38 am
 Carol, sounds like you eat very healthy and I agree that people need to design their own program. I expect you will not have to work at maintaining over time; you are still very early out.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

tripmom02
on 7/12/12 3:19 am - NJ
 I have added it back, I eat berries, watermelon, peaches and nectariens. I am not so much worried about carbs now that I am at a normal weight and struggling to maintain. 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Krazydoglady
on 7/12/12 3:58 am - FL
I eat fresh fruit, including . I can walk to the Florida Straberry Festival from my work, pretty much, and there's nothing quite like fresh Plant City strawberries in February/March or the locally grown blueberries. 

I have 3 acres of property. I could garden, but I'm too busy (and have a brown thumb).  We lost our citrus trees a few years ago during the horrible freezes we had; however, we're going to plant some of the new heat tolerant fruit trees (peach, pear, etc)  that have been developed by the University of Florida as well as some cold tolerant citrus varieties.  I REALLY miss my Meyer Lemon tree. 

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4