VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Daily Maintenance W...

Daily Maintenance Weigh In - Thursday 10/4

Mom4Jazz
on 10/3/12 8:19 pm
Good morning, gang!

Yesterday was a slow day at work (our slowest time is September through late November) and I was again reminded that while I've made huge strides with emotional eating, boredom 'head hunger' is still a huge issue for me. I think it's because time passes sooooo slowly and there's nothing to distract me when the thoughts pop up. Unlike at home, I can't just get up and go for a walk or bike ride or clean the closet or even lose myself in a good book.

I'm doing OK managing it, between my three options of drinking something, saying no to myself or 'let them eat broccoli' but still, finding myself thinking about food so much is disconcerting.

Today's weight 138.6

For those of you who missed it, Rob checked into yesterday's thread late in the day with a good report - surgery over, pain manageable. Ann in Va should be in surgery this morning, so sending healing thoughts her way today.

Anyone else like me? I have terrible draping loose skin on arms and legs, not much of a panni but loose droopy skin on tummy, butt and where my back boobs used to be. I can't even wear women's short sleeve shirts, my skin looks bad in men's T-shirts but not quite as obvious. But I seriously doubt I'll ever be able to do plastics.

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

MikeyMike
on 10/3/12 10:47 pm - New York, NY

Just about at that midpoint. Happy with that but I would like to loose just one more pound. Although I think I can do this. Not sure if I'm going to be able to maintain at that weight. I was looking back at my stats. and noted when I got to this point. I only stayed a day or so and then inched up towards the higher end of my range. Think my body is more comfortable between 196 - 199.

It's strange just between these couple of pounds I can feel a huge difference in my mid section. It feels like my innards feel more vulnerable without that extra pound or two. I definitely don't like this feeling. Have to see if it's a temporary thing and will just pass.

Time will tell.   

Highest Weight: 380                      Consult Weight: 357             Surgery Weight: 309 
Goal Weight: 220 (9/29/10)      Revised Goal Range 215-220         Current Weight: 224
Plastics: Circumferential Lower Body Lift - 11/18/2011
              Gynecomastia - 6/14/2012

Pura Vida
on 10/3/12 11:02 pm - Costa Rica

I don't know my weight today, but I did survive my boob revision. Seems like it hurts worse this time, but that's probably all the extra stitches in my muscle to hold up the hooter! Or maybe it's because my tummy has healed now and that's where I was in agony last time, well either way, I hope I feel better by next Wednesday, because I am flying to VA to visit my oldest kids, specifically the one in military boarding school. I know I am going to cry like a baby when I see him. :)

Heather

INgirl
on 10/3/12 11:19 pm
138.1 down from yesterday.

This is always the first thread I check when I log on, but saw Rob posted to Ann's 6hr countdown.. Was going to pop over there and see how everyone's feeling this am! Good to hear!

Mom, I'm in a similar boat... I've got very bad loose wrinkled draping skin on the arms to the elbow. When I hold it at a 90* angle, it folds and gathers there, and from the elbow up it's just a wrinkled mess.. same with the skin from my knee-fold (got a nice small flap there too) up to the crease up top.. no big panni- just lots of loose skin.. if I let it hang, I may have an inch or so, if I bend over.. well, not good all the way up to my sternum, excess on my back as well. I would need the works to look normal..

I can't wear short sleeves and be presentable with the skin on my arms, but in casual settings I've just learned to try to ignore it to be comfortable.. but it does bother me if I have to reach for anything as it hangs down quite a bit.. the legs bug me as I finally have good ones in support hose or tights to control the empty skin- but without it- Bermuda shorts only.. and I live in a light belly skin-tamer now to prevent the skin from flopping over my jeans or rolling too much.. Layering isn't an issue in the Fall/Winter- but come Summer.. I'll be itching to do something again.

Plastics just aren't financially feasible right now, or time-wise even.. Just starting the new job in a week or so, and it will be a while to build up savings, plus we really want to get into a different house, and kinda put that off a bit to self-pay for surgery #1. However, my husband has seen me play with my flying squirrel skin (gotta laugh at yourself when you can) and has said that if the time comes, taking a loan is always an option.. but it will still be some time before I'm comfortable with the thought of more surgery/pain/recoup time.. My arms though, those are on the hit list.. I know the cost.. and I may just do them first some day, the rest can wait. I can't hide the arms easily so the time/cost issue may get chucked in favor of comfort sooner. I'm a big waffling maybe on the rest of it.. 

judyk62
on 10/4/12 2:33 am - Santa Rosa, CA

Can you share your "belly tamer" product? I am near goal and have all the same issues. I have tried a few shapewear products, but they are really uncomfortable when I try to wear them all day at work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

INgirl
on 10/4/12 3:24 am
I love the Slimpressions Tanks-a-Little. It leaves the breast area open so no uni-boob, you wear your own bra.. and they come down well over the hips. I get it in a small, and it's just light enough control to not feel constrained, but enough that I don't get the belly-flop over my jeans. Plus it smooths the back-bra line area too. They have arm control ones, I'm fine with those but they can feel a little too snug on my arms at times, and again- I like the ones that leave the chest open. I just like the tank, and wear it almost daily if I'm going out and about.. seems to be lasting well. I need more, I only have one. Very comfy.

Here's a link: http://slimpressions.com/product/tanks-little

They go on sale once in a while, that's when I get them.. and I search ebay too for any deals. I don't think I'd pay $54 for them, but 40% off I do. They are just now having a panty sale- the brief control top & the regular panty are both on a big discount, with the code "pantyraid" so I'm trying those now.. We'll see how they do, I'm always on the hunt for decent undergear.
judyk62
on 10/4/12 3:25 am - Santa Rosa, CA
Thank you! You are always so helpful and seem to know where to find what I need!!!

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

loverofcats
on 10/3/12 11:22 pm, edited 10/4/12 12:54 am
108.7 lbs

Not intentionally going down, but I haven't felt well for the past few days, including my stomach. My intake has been a bit less and I haven't exercised, so I am probably dropping muscle mass.

I hear you about the loose skin. Mine isn't as bad as it could be, but it is enough that I don 't wear sleeveless or short sleeve shirts. Forget about shorts. I just saw a picture of myself taken over the weekend, and I thought, "How can someone who is mostly a size 2, look 10 lbs overweight?" It is because of the hanging skin that I have in front. I will have a LBL within 6 to 12 months. I just need to line up some support and get some financial things in place. It can really play a number on one's head.

gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Crabadams72
on 10/4/12 12:45 am - Silver Spring, MD

Plastics are not in my budget right now. Possibly next fall. I am wavering on the arms and really want the twins augmented.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

(deactivated member)
on 10/4/12 1:23 am
I am glad to hear that Rob is doing well.  I am at 103.2 this morning.  My trainer is not pleased.  She keeps telling me that I need to put on a few pounds since I am clearly building muscle, but instead, I have lost a few pounds.  I think mostly fat. 

As far as plastics, my arms are OK, they are not great, but much better than they were early out.  I can see a huge difference between the way they look now and right after I lost the weight.  It really took a few years for the skin to pull back some.  Again, it's not perfect and never will be, but it's quite manageable.  And who is perfect at 42 anyway?  I'll take it, still look darn sexy in my bikini so I refuse to worry about the small stuff or I could nit pick my body to death.  I will not let it happen, I am going to love every wrinkle that I can't get rid off and embrace the whole package.  This is the very first time in my life when I can look at myself naked in the mirror and smile and feel confident.  It's a great feeling.