VSG Maintenance Group

Tall black boots!

Happy966
on 10/31/12 8:16 am

I have had some ups and downs recently, lots of traveling which is so difficult for me food-wise, and a family birthday dinner after getting back in town.  But, a few days later after returning to my safe and normal routine, I feel so much better.  So, I took the plunge and bought my first pair of tall black boots since I was 12.  I spent way too much money on them, but it was so fun!

It was also kinda scary - mostly, would I gain weight and outgrow them?  I guess part of this experiment I'm doing about just *claiming* the present means buying the expensive boots and not living like I'll gain the weight back.  The opposite of throwing out the big clothes, right?

Anyway, I've been wearing them *way too much* for a 53-year-old woman.  I really want to talk my gf into taking my picture in them to post - something about those boots makes me feel so proud and so grateful - like a tangible symbol of this person I am now.  I know you guys know what I mean!!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/12 8:46 am, edited 10/31/12 8:46 am

Totally get it! Your boots seem to be the equivalent of my 30 inch waist Lucky Brand slim fit jeans. Way too expensive, but what the heck, right? For years I felt "less than" and tried so hard to blend in or fade into the background. Now I feel good about myself (most of the time) and want to look good, too. I'm willing to spend some extra bucks to indulge myself. Beats the heck out of eating to celebrate!

Your boots, my jeans, they represent not only who we are today, but from where we've come and the journey we've taken to get here.

I'm waiting for the picture.

Lee ~
on 10/31/12 8:58 am - CA
YAY!!! I can totally relate! When I fit into those black leather boots, I swear I will dump an entire paycheck on them. While I wear 6-8 in everything, I still have big calves. I do have a pair of zip to the knee black oops, but they aren't the perfect ones. I have been wishing for a size 9 foot for the wider calf. They clearly think that a size 6 should have a small calf. *sigh*

I understand what you mean, likening it to getting rid of the big clothes. All of this takes a certain amount of personal trust. I have never been trustworthy before regarding keeping the weight off.

Bravo! I can't wait to see the pictures!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Feystorm
on 10/31/12 9:51 am - CA
VSG on 03/14/12

Happy!!  I know exactly how you feel.  This saturday I will (for the very first time in my life) be rocking a pair of over the knee black boots!!  I am afraid to wear them any other time but for the halloween party, but I might have to try them out in public myself after!

Get your gf to take the pics - we need to see! :)

~Angi

HW:242 Start of Preop Diet:  217  SW:200 CW:116.8 GW: 115;  SOCAL MEETUPS GROUP!:  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/socalhallo2012/    

ThinLizzy
on 10/31/12 10:22 am - Benicia, CA

Oh, Happy, I can relate! I am wearing my tall black Frye boots with my skinny jeans tucked in as we speak--and I'm 58 ! They make me feel proud and grateful, too. I'm glad you bought them!

Lizanne

Starting BMI-38.5, Surgery 08/14/07

summer24
on 11/1/12 3:08 am

ThinLizzy, you look incredible!! Don't ever say you are 58 again!

sam1am
on 10/31/12 11:31 am

Wonderful feeling, isn't it!  You own it!

Sandy                                           

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody  else up"                     

Mark Twain                                                       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCatAnimation One      

judyk62
on 11/1/12 1:33 am - Santa Rosa, CA

Happy - I am so pleased for you - and yes - we all want to see the pics. Being 63, I really want some, but I'm not sure I have the fashion sense in terms of how to wear them, especially at my age. But I am sure ready to try. I keep eyeing them in the stores.

Judy

HW: 284: SW: 274: CW: 152.8. Goal: 159  

Ms. Poker Face
on 11/1/12 2:16 am

That's awesome, Happy!!

For me, it's a really expensive Michael Kors red leather jacket.  I felt really conflicted buying it, but the way it looks and feels and the compliments I get on it.... so worth it!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/12 2:25 am

I can totally and completely relate.  I have the same feeling when I wear my boots and they too cost way more than I can ever justify on our income, but there is something empowering about wearing them that I just can't resist.