VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, November 2...

Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/21/17 4:24 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weigh ?, calories 981. Quite a few of those calories came from BBQ and cheddar cheese grits we had at a smokehouse here in Charleston, SC. TOTALLY WORTH IT! But again, thank goodness for my VSG which kept me in control. DH and I split a meal of pulled pork and ribs, and between the 2 of us only ate 2/3rds of it. We have a refrigerator in our room so we brought it for DH to have for lunch today. Would a "normie" here eat that whole thing???? Regardless, it was a deal at $20 for the best BBQ I've ever had.

We have the day off to do things in Charleston today. We are going to do a carriage tour and go to Fort Sumter, then eat at a good restaurant tonight. Early to bed again (I was asleep at 7:30 last night!).

Have a tuneful Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/21/17 4:43 am, edited 11/21/17 1:25 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 132.6
Macros: Cals - 1,606, Carbs - 178, Fats - 49. Protein - 104, Fiber - 25
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 7
Sleep (goal 8 hrs.): 5 hrs.
Exercise: Aquarobics

"Have a tuneful Tuesday"? Liz, sounds like you're enjoying some good road trip soundtracks. :) It's good to hear you're in beautiful Charleston. The South Carolina BBQ sounds divine!

Yesterday's 7 servings of V/Fs came from raw baby carrots (2/3 cup), romaine (1 cup), raw cherry tomatoes (1/2 cup), cooked white potatoes/carrots/green beans (1 cup altogether), and thawed, raw blueberries (1 cup).

Diane S., I included the volume amounts above so you could see how much I typically eat; yesterday's 7 V/F servings totaled a little over 4 cups. Typically, half a cup of a V/F is one serving, although two cups of lettuce is a single serving. I count an apple, a banana, an orange, a peach, etc. or half an avocado as a single serving.

Last night, apparently I snored, and hubby kept nudging me to turn over. I don't blame him, but I certainly didn't sleep great or long enough. Will catch up tonight.

Today's theme goes in a quite practical direction: Use nose spray for better sleep! ;)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/21/17 4:51 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL On today's theme!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

brownblonde
on 11/21/17 8:07 am

Weight: 173.2

Needed some "me" time. Went to the mall. I don't want to use food as a crutch, but I wasn't sure if retail therapy would make me feel better or worse. I tried on fancy Christmas outfits to play up the bump. Luckily it made me feel better even though I left empty handed.

I've spent too much time inside my own head recently. The real fans in my life don't really care about my weight or how I got there. Actually, the real truth is they never did. I spend a lot of time focusing on how much better life is AFTER wls, but truth be told, I had a great life before then too. I actually had my health!, and I had a wonderful supportive family. To the people who matter, weight never mattered. Only my happiness mattered. I wish the world wasn't the way it is, but I resigned myself to the fact that it is. Even though they don't count for as much, it sure is nice to have strangers catch your eye and smile rather than either a) gawking at you or b) trying their hardest to avoid looking at you because it might seem as though they're looking at your fat. It's nice to be able to shop in normal clothing stores and fit into normal chairs.

I still have to find a way to forgive myself, I guess. To feel worthy, regardless of weight. And maybe put less stock into others' opinions of me.

I feel like this is an especially difficult time to do this as I'm pregnant, hormonal, and naturally gaining weight.

VSGAnn2014
on 11/21/17 9:28 am
VSG on 08/14/14

BB, those are some damn good words to live by!

Self-care in many forms is just what the doctor ordered. And that includes self-love and appreciation.

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/21/17 2:30 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

You are worthy! AND in about 3 months you will be too busy to ponder this stuff too much.

diane S.
on 11/21/17 9:49 am

Greetings Tuneful Ones

Still at 141. Can't seem to get off the dime.Too much in the way of nuts and cheese.

Ann, thanks for sharing the portions on f and v. I must push those more. Persian cucumbers here I come.

And yes Ann on the nose spray. My DH is a big fan of the saline spray even in our moist climate. Had to laugh at your post because I nudged DH a couple of times last night. He sleeps with his head slightly elevated and I think that helps as he used to be an Olympic class snorer. He also has a device called "Sleep Nora". Its a flat thing that looks like a small heating pat that slides into your pillow. It detects when you snore and it slowly inflates and deflates to change position of your head to reduce snoring. Without waking you up. I think it works. DH is the king of electronic gadgets.

Liz those grits sound divine and I don't even like grits. Charleston sounds fun. Its been so long since I have been to the south and DH has never spent time there except for Atlanta. Before the hurricanes I was dreaming of a trip to the Florida keys and that long bridge. Maybe someday.

Hey Dave and Ann, my grandfather was a great wood worker and walnut was his favorite. He used to keep tabs on all the old walnut trees around his small town and when one would be coming down, he would get it and have it milled. I remember the boards being stored in the second story of his garage. I have some beautiful furniture he made. Thanks for the reminder of that.

Yikes Devon, being on the go all day long! I hope you get a little down time over the holidays. Years ago the three days after Thanksgiving were big dog show days in our town. And there was very often an ice storm. Hey, have any tips for cutting nails on a really naughty little dog? I have always started nail clipping very young with puppies but Tesla has been a total brat about it since 9 weeks and fights like crazy. We have even given doggie downers! She is awful.

BB, I guess we all live inside our heads. Having spent far too much of my life feeling not good enough and not accomplished enough I can tell you its a complete waste of time and energy. It takes practice to worry less about that stuff. Sounds like the shopping trip was therapeutic. I vote for more.

Lo! The sun is out. I WILL take a walk today. That and shop for Thanksgiving stuff. Peace to all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 11/21/17 2:56 pm

Intelligence and knowledge are not always enough to keep one's demons at bay! It takes work, planning, sacrifice and bravery to finally vanquish the demons that lurk deep within, waiting for the paper thin and weakly healed emotional portal to the outside to be broken once again, so that they may boldly rise to the surface to their desired position of power.

That is how I view my disordered eating.

My disordered eating is in charge at the moment. I know that. I'm actually even okay with it, EVEN THOUGH I'm not okay with it. I have no idea if that thinking makes sense to anyone but me, but might as well be honest here, right?

Reading BB's post today helped me find the mental imagery that accompanies the feeling with which I am dealing. Again, I must reiterate, I am not upset, feeling depressed or down about this. I'm simply acknowledging where I am today (and lately) on my journey - my never ending journey.

Gotta keep it short, though, for I have a client coming in a few minutes. Wanted to check in, say hi, and wish everyone well! I'm looking forward to tomorrow - a day off (with the exception of taking a friend to her colonoscopy).

VSGAnn2014
on 11/21/17 3:43 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Devon, you have so many admirable strengths. I hope your Thanksgiving break is nourishing in every way.