VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday November 28...

Tuesday November 28, 2017

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/28/17 4:11 am, edited 11/28/17 4:15 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 115.8, calories 1759. I ate several chocolate chip cookies (sent by BIL). They need to disappear (somewhere other than in my mouth). Perhaps freezing them will help? DH likes to have them but will eat one a day so they will last a LONG time.

We have someone coming for a quote on putting pocket doors on a couple of openings (including the "den/guest room"). We met with someone yesterday about installing a Murphy bed into that room. There is a pull-out couch in there but apparently it is super uncomfortable, so a Murphy bed will make it much more usable. These were my top 2 items I wanted to get accomplished early, so they will be finished immediately after we return on 1/5. Other things needed, but not as urgently, are a couple of ceiling fans in the bedrooms and a screen over the garage opening. They will be helpful when it gets warmer near the end of our winter stay.

Yesterday we took SIL to Venice beach and a restaurant on the beach called Sharkeys from which we viewed the fantastic sunset below.

Have a tenacious Tuesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/28/17 4:46 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 131.4
Macros: Cals - 1,576, Carbs - 195, Fats - 36, Protein - 86, Fiber - 23
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 5
Sleep (goal 8 hours): 9 hours
Exercise: None

Liz, I think the Murphy bed and the pocket doors are great ideas. David, I'm so glad you got great sleep. I hear you on wanting to use and leverage the wood. When we cut down trees here we give them to a guy who does have a firewood business and, thus, doesn't charge us to haul them away. Devon, I'm sending you supportive vibes this morning. And thinking about everyone else, too. :)

I've also been thinking about the costs of my veggies and fruits. I'm going to do a little write-up about that sometime soon. Would be worth it to me to find out how much I spend on my V/Fs.

Speaking of which, yesterday I had only 5 V/Fs. I still haven't conquered the V/F challenge on road-trip days. Yesterday's came from a Honeycrisp apple (in the car), and then at and after supper chard/spinach/kale, yams, peppers, papaya, mango and pineapple. And yes, Diane S., I did have an egg mcmuffin for lunch. ;)

As usual, yesterday's therapist appointment was very useful. Once a month is the right interval for me for now. I got all my errands done. But although I did shop at my favorite consignment boutique, I did not make time to walk in the park, have lunch at a quiet hotel, or visit the art museum, wanting to get back home to hubby. However, I'll be back in the city in a few weeks with only one appointment and will enjoy those "just for me" pleasures then.

Today's theme: Make and enjoy life's pleasures every day.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

ocean4dlm
on 11/28/17 5:13 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Good morning ! Twenty-five degrees right now, and predicted to be mid-fifties by the afternoon ! Gotta love it !! Liz...do you have an extra room !? Murphy bed sounds wonderful, and love those photos !! BB...your approach to outdoor decorations is sounding better and better ! We spent hours Sunday staging, hanging and spacing lights and porch decorations. When we plugged in the final lead, something blew. We discovered our outside boxes don't have GFI protection and/or reset buttons. We later found out that the box on the back deck is now dead too. Our contractor is coming Wednesday to install floor vents to draw pellet stove heat up from downstairs family room. We'll have him install the correct outdoor boxes too. Dave, I am so envious of your clever talent problem solving and creating solutions. Hope sleep finds you !

Devon... I am also working on sugar detox to address my general gut health. I found gas and constipation issues increasing as well as candida symptoms. The impact gut health has on mental/emotional and physical health is significant, the more I read. Sugar is tough to tame, but you've got this !

Mom is being discharged to her assisted living facility with additional assistance. I will be driving two hours to visit her once a week. Our time together is even more special, after the clear picture of what is ahead.

Diane...you've got me looking for crab and thinking about lentil soup. The thing I miss the most about my former home is the nearby fishmonger ! Ann...eager to hear your word for the day. They consistently resonate !

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

brownblonde
on 11/28/17 8:12 am

Weight: 176.2

Idk why the sudden weight gain. May be nothing. But I will say I woke up STARVING this morning. Like it actually awakened me.

Did not get any decorating accomplished last night, but I did get my mom's birthday and Christmas presents taken care of, as well as my grandmothers. Plus some online shopping for moi :) It's a bit of a problem. But I rationalized it like this: I need some pieces for Christmas, my new size, and they're 40%-50% off right now! What a steal!

Turkey gumbo in the crockpot this morning. If it's good I'll share the recipe. Was one of those that took much longer to get ready in the morning, though. And then I find my garage freezer door ajar from when I put DSS's frozen pizzas in last night. Grrr so angry with myself. Some of the food was definitely thawed. But I just cannot rationalize throwing it out. It was still refrigerated-like (the couple steaks nearest the door were as though I took them out of the fridge 30 min. earlier). Better safe than sorry would dictate junking nearly all. But I also found that most things say don't thaw and refreeze (essentially what's going to happen) because of texture. I'm willing to take that risk.

CC C.
on 11/28/17 9:31 am

Weight 166, calories 1371

Last night I went with friends to an Irish Christmas show. Lots of Irish dancing and amazing music and singing. Today I'm getting my hair done and then laying low with my cold.

Hope a good day is had by all!

VSGAnn2014
on 11/28/17 10:09 am, edited 11/28/17 2:09 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Yo, Duffman ... I see you liking posts here lately. How are you doing these days? What's the haps? :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 11/28/17 11:59 am

Greetings Fine Friends

141. I just can't seem to drop but then again I am not doing what I need to. Guess its not that important to me.

Liz you are so industrious. Murphy bed and pocket doors sound great. Kudos for "nesting". Fabulous sunset too. Why is it that some people can eat just one cookie a day and they are usually skinny men? I always wanted to invent a machine that would dispense one cookie a day and no more.

Dave glad you had a good sleep. Does the vyvanase impact that? Yeah we all have to get over our ideas of holding on to things rather than letting them be discarded (or burned). Case in point: the 15 dump truck loads that just went out of my mother's house.

Speaking of books on thought, New Harbinger Publications has a self help book on about every subject. I got one on anxiety which I have not read but I get notice on loads of them and they look pretty good.

Ann, interesting thought on the cost of fresh veggies. I remind myself that while fresh asparagus may be expensive, its much better for me than a cheaper package of cookies and in the long run, being in better health is definitely cheaper. Maybe some economist could do a study on the rewards long term of healthy eating. Maybe its already done.

Diane O, hope your mother does well in assisted living. It was a god send for my mother.

Crab season has been delayed. The crabs are not fat enough. Health food store had some but they must be from further south. Lentils tonight I guess. Hey Ann, I got a couple of "bowls" frozen dinners. They are the expensive health food kind but we shall try them out.

Well the day is shaping up for a series of runs to the bank, post office, studio, gallery etc. Grateful for my trusty little Prius. Take care all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 11/28/17 1:52 pm

I could not get to sleep last night. It was sometime after 1 am. I'm guessing just shy of 5 hours of sleep.

Have a training session planned with trainer at 4:00. YAY!

Withdrawal symptoms began immediately after lunch. Booooooooooo!

Paula1965
on 11/28/17 5:02 pm
VSG on 04/01/15

148. Packing up and getting ready for Mayo. Busy rest of the week with appts., testing and exploratory surgery.

Had a case of the foamies, with nausea and foamy vomiting after lunch today. Really weird! I was at work and perhaps ate too fast, but I had about a 3/4 - 1 cup of sugar snap peas (raw) and 1/4 cup of pistachios and then felt super sick. I may just be getting something as I was blowing my nose all morning. But after eating I felt flushed, had a low grade fever, felt super full (couldn't even touch the yogurt I brought, which is good since it had expired a month ago!) and then got the foamies and burps! I promptly left work and took a nap once I got home. Still not super hungry for dinner but did eat.

Will try and check in while we are gone and update everyone on the happenings!

Paula

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

CC C.
on 11/28/17 6:00 pm

Feel better, Paula! Those foamies sound awful...