VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, February 11...

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/24 4:35 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Home today! After dress shopping of course. I hope the plane doesn't get delayed.

The shower and driving were exhausting yesterday. I left at 8:15 am and returned home at 3:30 pm. Then out to dinner with a friend and 2 SILs. It was a lot of fun catching up with them, but I am getting tired.

I leave here for the bridal shop at 9:30. Flight at 4 and at the Super Bowl party near home by 7:30 if all goes smoothly. I plan to be a total vegetable tomorrow.

Have a Super (Bowl) Sunday!

CC C.
on 2/11/24 8:51 am

Enjoy the dress hunting and safe travels home!

Kirby let me sleep until 7:40! And then he sat and waited for his breakfast until I said "okay". It was a good morning.

My folks had their usual blueberry pancakes and bacon for breakfast. I opted for eggs and bacon. I figured since I wasn't salivating over the idea of pancakes I was better off with the less sugary option. No feelings of longing watching them eat them or feelings of martyrdom on my part, which always seems to be part of my "being good". Feeling sorry for myself and self-righteous virtue at the same time. I feel like this could be a game - Is It The Medication Or Is It Me? I'm down 4.8 pounds since Tuesday, but I was food funeraling before so a lot is first week behaving sugar bloat detox.

The sun is out with no clouds and should stay this way through Wednesday. Nice!

Laundry today, then Super Bowl. I'm rooting for the 49ers. Not because I like them, but because someone else needs to have a chance and I'm tired of hearing about Taylor Swift. We're having Super Bowl snacks for dinner. I'm making them as I really don't care much about the game. But the Clydesdales are back for the commercials. I do like the ads.

I think that's all I have. Is it too early to enjoy a diet coke at 9:45?

DD, love the idea of an RV! I toyed with it when I had Fergus for getting cross-country. I'm sure I'll think about it again hauling Kirby back and forth to MI. He's not great in the car. He just cries. We need more practice before June.

DianeS, what creatures are you putting on your bottle-stoppers these days?

Peps, good luck to you with the Wegovy compound! I feel like I probably should have investigated compounding more...

DianeO, how is your shoulder doing?

DiamondD
on 2/11/24 9:52 am
VSG on 06/13/12

Is 9:45 am too early for a Diet Coke? Ummm, I'm routinely drinking one at 7:30 am once I get settled in at work, so I'm going to say, no. Not too early. I consider it coffee.

Is it the med or not? Would you have had a week of indulgent eating followed by a week of weight loss typically? The scale was only moving one direction for me for so long, I've forgot what normal fluctuations are.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/24 12:08 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I feel like some dogs just like cars and some don't. I never had one do an about-face. Yeah for 4.8 pounds!!!

CC C.
on 2/11/24 12:11 pm

Ferg loved the car! At least Kirby doesn't get carsick. My neighbor's labradoodle gets super car sick and even needs to be drugged to get to the groomer 20 minutes away...

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/24 12:17 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Justice is easy and my former chihuahua Chiquita enjoyed the car. Duchess (beagle) stressed out the entire time, barking whenever the car slowed or stopped. Luckily she only vomited when she was a puppy (yuck).

DiamondD
on 2/11/24 10:08 am
VSG on 06/13/12

A quiet day tomorrow sounds like a good idea Liz.

Baby Shower games: I was at a shower where I figured out the next game. Little plastic babies were frozen into ice cubes, and we were going to try to melt them in our mouths and liberate the baby. Right before the game started, I got a cup of coffee. Melted mine in record time! I was branded a cheater. I would say a strategist. I did not get the prize.

Glorious sun streaming into the house today. I'm sitting in front of a large, southwest facing window, soaking it in.

I started trying on some clothes in preparation for Florida. Almost 2 years ago I ordered a dress from E-Shakti I thought was my size. It was not, I couldn't close all the buttons. I tried it on today, and it fits well and looks kind of cute. That was fun!

Yesterday we got a lot of walking and stairs in. We might go work out today, if DH wakes up in time. He took a new decongestant, new to him, and it has knocked him out. Other than that, I'm doing laundry, reading the paper, and putting around. I'll probably sit with DH while he watches the Superbowl.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/24 12:12 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Definitely a strategist! You should have won!

diane S.
on 2/11/24 10:59 am

Greetings all

The sun is still out and it's calm. Bodes well for the Super Bowl as the power is not likely to go out. Of course, DH has back up batteries for essentials like fridge and tv.

CC sounds like Kirby is getting his act together and learning the joy of sleeping later and later. Yay. Win win. Eggs and bacon sounds good. Need to get bacon. Dogs in cars can be great or awful. Tesla is a great traveler. Quiet and potty on demand. Poppy is not. Whines all the time in the car. Must work on that.

Liz what a day! Way too much! Hope the dress shopping is successful and drama free.

DD that baby shower game of sucking a frozen baby ice cube sounds bizarre! Now if it were licking chocolate sauce off a plastic baby ----- actually both are bizarre. I thought those games were just making baby name rhymes. Congrats on the dress fitting. Fun to shop in your own closet.

Soon I will start the chili for today for studio buddy to visit. I always tell her she is welcome to bring a load or two of laundry to run while we watch. She has no washer and has to go to laundry matt. She never takes me up on this offer but it seems a no brainer to me. Oh well, her new house will have washer.

The second new pair of shoes is also a bust. Same exact style and brand and size but I held them up to my old pair and the new ones are shorter! By almost a half inch! Guess I should send them back. Makes me mad that I tried to buy the exact same thing and they changed it. Fudge.

Time to chop onions.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/11/24 12:18 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

What's up with shrinking shoes? The must have changed the supplier. Unfair!