Healthy Lasagna Dip Recipe, only 80 Calories & 8.5g ProteinApril 16, 2018
Dip, Dip, Hooray!
Healthy lasagna? With this Healthy Lasagna Dip Recipe, that's what you'll have. Lasagna rules, but it's generally (a) high in calories and (b) a mealtime commitment. What if you want a low-calorie lasagna fix that you can enjoy as a snack? This recipe is comfort food that meets party food.
Healthy Lasagna Dip Recipe
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes; Total Time: 40 minutes
- 8 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup light/ low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup egg whites (about 2 large) or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional topping: chopped fresh basil
Serving suggestions: You can enjoy this dip with cut bell peppers, other favorite vegetables, or pita chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" x 8" baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, and 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook and crumble for about 5 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat. Add tomatoes and remaining 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp. garlic powder, and 3/4 tsp. onion powder. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites/substitute, chopped garlic, nutmeg, and remaining 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and uniform.
- Spread ricotta mixture into the baking pan. Evenly top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 18 - 20 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving (about 1/3 cup)
Calories 80; Carbohydrates 4 grams; Fat 3 grams; Protein 8.5 grams
Check out more recipes by Hungry Girl on ObesityHelp!
ABOUT THE AUTHORLisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday.
Read more articles by Lisa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|