Tomato Breakfast Stack Recipe, Low-Calorie & 11g ProteinJanuary 4, 2019
I love the simple ideas that I can use in a pinch, and the Tomato Breakfast Stack is one of my favorites. All you have to do is to stack a bunch of fresh ingredients on top of one another, add a sprinkle of sea salt, and sit down with a knife and fork and having a nourishing, fresh meal. It is low in calories and big on healthy nutrition that you can share with someone or enjoy both servings for yourself!
Tomato Breakfast Stack Recipe
Recipe by: Annessa Chumbley, RD
Makes 2 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 2 minutes; Total Time: 7 minutes
- Two thick slices of a ripe tomato
- 2 slices Canadian bacon or ham
- 1 hardboiled egg, sliced
- Sliced fresh avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped herbs such as dill, basil, flat leaf parsley
Creamy Dijon Sauce Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Cook slices of Canadian bacon in the oven on low, broil for 3 minutes just until seared.
- Make the sauce by whisking everything together in a small bowl.
- Remove and place each of the Canadian bacon slices down and then top with a slice of tomato. Spread sauce over the tomato slice, next placing the sliced egg and avocado. Top with fresh herbs. Enjoy!
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories: 151, Fat: 8 grams, Carbs: 4 grams, Protein: 15 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHORAnnessa Chumbley RD, is a bariatric dietitian and her website "Annessa Nutritionist" provides inspiring nutrition information to the bariatric community and general public. She enjoys getting the community healthy through nutrition segments on Indianapolis' FOX 59 Morning News, and 93.1 WIBC called "Power Up Your Week!", as well as a local healthy cooking show.
Find more recipes from Annessa!
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com is intended for informational purposes only. The information is not intended to be a replacement or substitute for consultation with a qualified medical professional. Please contact a medical professional with any questions and concerns.|