Recent Posts

Patrick S.
on 5/1/04 11:17 pm - St. Joseph, Mo
Topic: I NEED SUPPORT GROUP DATES!
I am a post-op patient of Dr. Hellings in Kansas City, Missouri. I am trying to locate anyone who may know the support group dates for 2004. I would love to get in there and be of some use but I can't find my dates. I will just call I guess if noone answers this request. I know you guys are out there! But where? If you would like to write me, here is my address and e-mail: Patrick Sansonetti 1506 S.Riverside Rd. Apt. C St. Joseph, Mo. 64507 e-mail me at: [email protected] Thanks guys! Hope to hear from you soon! Pat S.
Cupcake B.
on 3/25/04 1:14 am - Temple Hills, MD
Topic: RE: don't forget to tell each and every doctor you see that you had surgery or else !
Fit Now, your post is very informative. I am sorry to hear that you went through such an ordeal. I have been thinking about getting a Medical Alert bracelet myself, just in case. Still that is kinda scary........
fit N.
on 3/24/04 1:41 pm - wilton, CA
Topic: RE: amazing
good habits are most important....sounds like you are working hard on it yourself....protein is the most important to help with weight loss and keep your hair loss to a min...
fit N.
on 3/24/04 1:37 pm - wilton, CA
Topic: RE: please take your vitamins or else....
thank you for the advice.......I forget alot and you have made me put it at the top of my list to do each and everyday. thank you and keep us posted on how your doing okay
fit N.
on 3/24/04 1:35 pm - wilton, CA
Topic: RE: not loosing much
try keeping a food journal again.....pick up your exercise walk more, or ride a bike I lost more as I increased my exercise drink lots of water, are you getting your protein powder in ?? I stopped the protein for awhile and when I started doing 2 shakes a day again the pounds started falling off. keep your food journal with times and amounts of food you eat. if your only eating 3 meals aday and are eating big volumes that might cause the problem I do better keeping my low blood sugar levels normal by eating small meals through out the day...I also have found I am losing more after I switched the way I eat and work out. keep a eye on the clothes instead of the scale as much so you don't get depressed, that will effect your loss also.. keep in touch and good luck to you
fit N.
on 3/24/04 1:28 pm - wilton, CA
Topic: don't forget to tell each and every doctor you see that you had surgery or else !
it is very important to tell each health care person you deal with that you had surgery. I had gall stone problems and was to undergo scans. they handed me a large 36oz glass of chalk and told me to drink it down and a second smaller glass was to follow.......I told them again that I had bari surgery and couldn't do that.....they all but demanded that I drink the chalk stuff right away so they could do their tests. I told them I wanted to talk to a supervisor.....I then told them what was going on and they called a doctor in......lucky I held my ground. I found that I would have caused a major rupture had I followed their directions......they instead had me take tiny sips and looked at my stomach, even with the tiny sips I took it was very painful to "pass" the chalk back out....I do mean VERY... then, I had gall bladder surgery, they sent me home the sameday......big mistake....I vomited for hours and dyhidrated, ended up back in ICU for a week. don't let them send you home sameday.......not worth the risk second and most important....THEY MISSED A STONE AND WERE GOING TO GO IN WITH A SCOPE TO GET THE MISSING STONE........WHOA RIGHT THERE......I ASKED THEM HOW THEY PLANNED ON DOING THAT AND REMINDED THEM I HAD THE R-Y SURGERY....... THERE IS NO WAY THEY CAN DO THAT DOWN YOUR THROAT TO RETRIEVE A STONE.......DO NOT LET THEM TRY IT... they brought in Bari surgerons who told them not possible and they would have caused major problems again had I not jumped in myself and protested and refused treatment........so beware of what your going to have done...if in doubt call your bari-surgeon's office and if you have to demand to talk to someone who knows your case... DO NOT ASSUME THAT A DOCTOR KNOWS ABOUT BARI- SURGERY IT IS YOUR LIFE AND YOUR BODY ON THE LINE...ASK QUESTIONS I ENDED UP WITH LIFE-THREATING Liver swelling, pancitis, and the stone. please pass this information on and save a brother or sister from a fatal mistake... speak up..........don't assume your doctor's know your history...it's important
fit N.
on 3/24/04 1:14 pm - wilton, CA
Topic: never a second thought--now on to plastic surgery ?? help
I have never been sorry that I made this journey....I am down from a high of 278 my lowest was 125 when I went in the hospital to have a gall bladder surgery. I was pretty sick with that and lost 20 pounds in a week being in the hospital. hair loss is less now, I feel great and have been on my bike 6 miles a day for about 6 months now. I have good legs and arms aren't too bad but need help for plastic surgery on tummy and am thinking about breast aug. anyone have it done and what do you think ?
fit N.
on 3/24/04 12:38 pm - wilton, CA
Topic: RE: Losing slowly
I lost slower when I was eating just 3 meals a day and was hungry alot. I started losing faster when I began eating small bites of food throughout the day and also stopped having low blood sugar problems. I don't think losing 80 in a year is badd or slow.....I think you did great give yourself a hand and enjoy it. I have lost all the weight I needed to and feel great also. I am riding a bike 6 miles a day.....it feels great to exercise again. and believe it or not salad even tastes great to me... I am so happy to be back among the living......keep up the great work Judy. we were close to the same weight starting out, I had to lose 35-40 before they would do the surgery on me due to health...so my start was about 276
CINDY L.
on 3/10/04 4:22 am - EARLVILLE, IL
Topic: LOST 163 IN 1 YEAR
I FEEL GREAT 1 YEAR LATER. I REALLY DIDN'T FEEL GOOD TILL 6 MOS. OUT. I HAVE SOOO MUCH MORE ENERGY. I AM WORKING OUT AT OUR LOCAL YMCA AND I AM TAKING TAP DANCE CLASS SOMETHING I'VE ALWAYS WANTED TO DO. STILL VERY SENSITIVE TO MEAT PRODUCTS, DON'T SET WELL YET. STILL CANNOT EAT BREAD PRODUCTS.
Cupcake B.
on 3/9/04 3:51 am - Temple Hills, MD
Topic: RE: One year and down 160 lbs.
Congrats!!! Sorry to hear about your hernia, but you do get a tummy tuck out of the deal so that's good. I recently changed insurance to GE- assurance- PHCS, is that the same as yours? We have the similar stats RNY -open 2/12/03 305/148/145. Awesome success story, btw!
Most Active