Recent Posts

KATHY C.
on 2/19/04 12:07 pm - FREMONT, CA
Topic: 1 year anniversary....2/19/04
Well...it's been an exciting journey and I've met some really great people along the way....I've learned alot from them and I'm still learning...I am soooo grateful for this life altering surgery....oh...by the way....my new nickname....SLIM!!!!....Never thought I'd hear that one in this lifetime....lol...only have 23 lbs to goal, and I still have a 6 month weight loss window....just got to remember my mantra...protein, protein....protein.... Love & Light to all who embark or have embarked on this most amazing journey......best decision I've ever made...... Sincerely, Kathy Cookl
Don H.
on 2/19/04 3:03 am - Memphis, TN
Topic: Wow, what a difference a year makes!
110 lbs gone and I just bought me a new size LG shirt. Haven't been in a large in some time. Lot's of difference in that and a 4X! Also off most all meds, the most important being insulin that I was injecting in great quantities. I can eat & drink anything and never dump. I thank my surgeon, Atul Madan for this awesome change.
mimmie1
on 2/17/04 9:54 pm - Pitman, NJ
Topic: RE: hernia/dehydration
hi, this is Louise from Pitman. I am 6 months post-op and I had the dizziness and light-head feeling also. I stopped my high blood pressure meds cold turkey and have been feeling great ever since. No hernia's though. Make sure you are drinking enough fluids. So far I am down 92 llbs and I couldn't be happier.
debbie A.
on 2/16/04 12:12 pm - clovis, nm
Topic: RE: not loosing much
HEY JODY WE HAVE THE SAME ANNIVERSARY DATE AND I FEEL THE SAME AS YOU MY HUSBAND SAYS ITS ALL THE EXTRA SKIN FAT I HAVE IT DOESNT MAKE ME FEEL ANY BETTER I HAVE LOST ABOUT 110 PDS AND I STILL FEEL VERY VERY FAT AND I HAVE NOT LOST ANYTHING SCINCE LATE DEC
izzy
on 2/16/04 7:28 am - IMPERIAL, CA
Topic: RE: 1 year ago today
Yes Lea...you're right, congrats to all of us! I've lost a total of 150 lbs in exactly 1 yr. What a blessing this surgery has been. Again, congratulations to all of of us! Isbel in AZ RNY 2-11-03 - 150 lbs and still loosing
Lea B.
on 2/13/04 8:57 am - Hackettstown, NJ
RNY on 02/13/03 with
Topic: 1 year ago today
hey -- do we believe it was one year ago today. boy it seems like just yesterday, except for the difference in size and attitude. congratulations to all of us - we made it through the year and it was worth it,.
Mary C.
on 2/9/04 2:01 pm - North Highlands, CA
Topic: RE: Down 260 in 12 months
Speedy recover is what I will be praying for, I know that it will be hard at first but I know that you can do it also. I would love it being your role model, I want to be there for you when you need an uplifting thought or a shoulder to say I hirt and no one understands. I do understand the pain, but it will be worth it in the long run. Please keep in contact with me and let me know how you are doing. I would love sharing the journey with you as someone that has been there. I would also love to share the protocal that my Dr. gave me that helped me more times than I can count. here is my e-mail address [email protected] write me and keep me up to date. Mary
Marcia P.
on 2/9/04 5:32 am - Farmington, MN
Topic: RE: Down 260 in 12 months
Mary- CONGRATULATIONS! What an accomplishment you've made in a year! I bet you are a totally different person on the outside, but just as sweet as ever on the inside! You should be very proud of yourself, and I will look to you as a role model. I have my surgery in 8 days, so any advice you can give me is appreciated! Keep up the fantastic work! Marcia
Mary C.
on 2/4/04 1:28 pm - North Highlands, CA
Topic: Down 260 in 12 months
This last year has been a life changing, size changing experience for me. I have followed the protocal to the T and have 29 more lbs to go to goal weight. Then the plastic surgery is next.
Patrick S.
on 1/29/04 12:35 pm - St. Joseph, Mo
Topic: RE: Yesterday is gone, live life today!
Thanx Marcia and best of luck. Let the Lord lead and trust him to take care of you and all will be just fine. I was soooooo scared before my surgery, but the night before I spent about an hour in prayer and meditation asking him to take care of me and help me to be strong, and you know the next morning I was as comfortable as if I was going to the movies or something! May God be with you and carry you through this time, and may you achieve all you have set out to achieve! Your friend and fellow barriatric explorer, Patrick S.
Most Active