Recent Posts

Judith Poffenbarger
on 3/8/04 2:18 am - Green Valley, AZ
Topic: Losing slowly
My surgery was 2/25/03. I have lost 80 pounds, I have never been sick and have had NO negative side effects. I am 64 years old and was lucky to accepted for the surgery at all. Many programs have a 60 year age limit. I'm not a WLS super-star but I am happy. I am free of the horrible frustration of never being able to keep the weight off. I can walk comfortable now & am much more active than I was at 311. This is not a magic solution. We slower losers must use the surgery as a tool and work at it. I feel like I've been let out of prison!! Hang in there and enjoy the success you have. Don't whine and complain that others are losing faster. So What. This is not a race. XXOO Judy Poffenbarger in Pleasanton California. Judith [email protected]
alwaysbegood
on 3/8/04 1:02 am - Greer, SC
Topic: One year and down 160 lbs.
It's been one helluva year! I'm below my goal and actually trying to gain back a few pounds. I NEVER thought I'd say those words! I'm having a herniated bellybutton repaired next month and my surgeon is also going to remove my excess tummy skin. Can't wait for that! Thanks to all who have posted here for their courage and inspiration, but most of all, thanks to my doctor for giving me my life back.
samuel J.
on 3/4/04 2:29 am - houston, tx
Topic: hi all one year!!! 155 ...
hi all one year!!! 155 lbs!!! new and greatly enhanced life. dr wilson and connie. thank you so much. sam
janice G.
on 3/2/04 11:09 pm - TX
Topic: amazing
Man you guys are amazing!! I am 7 months post op and on a plateau, so I came here to see how everyone a year out is doing. I'm worried about making goal and looking for a little inspiration. You guys look GREAT!! I'll keep chugging along with my protein, vits, and water and hopefully I'll be with ya soon. Jules
Melissa R.
on 2/28/04 4:49 am - Williamsport, MD
Topic: RE: not loosing much
I have the same anniversary date as well, except I've only lost 56 pounds. On the day of my surgery I weighed 236, today I weigh 180. I still have 30 pounds to go. I haven't lost a single pound since September. So I know how you feel.
Cupcake B.
on 2/24/04 8:22 pm - Temple Hills, MD
Topic: RE: I am half the man I used to be
Wow, what amazing success!! Congratulations!
calvoso
on 2/24/04 2:57 am - My hometown, WA
Topic: I am half the man I used to be
What a difference a year makes. Last year at this time I weighed 616 lbs and I felt like there was no hope left for me. This surgery I truly beleived saved my life. I weighed in yesterday at 308 lbs. I still have aways to go and I will have to go through another surgery for all the loose skin, but it is worth it. Thanks to all of you for your support this last year. I don't think I would have done this surgery without this website. Seeing all the success stories here is what made me decide that this was the tool I needed to get control of my life again.
Cynthia A.
on 2/22/04 11:21 pm - Longview, TX
Topic: RE: Wow, what a difference a year makes!
Don, Congratulations of your accomplishment. That is excellent. Yes, there is a big difference between 4x and large. I was in 2 and 3xs myself and now in small clothing and it sure makes ya proud. That is excellent that you don't get the dumping syndrome. The only time that I feel like I have a sugar low is when I have eaten something sweet and almost immediately I feel blah and have to lay down a few min. and then I am fine. That is just a reminder that the surgery is working and I better start being good......lol Well, again congratulations and keep up the good work.
Cynthia A.
on 2/22/04 11:17 pm - Longview, TX
Topic: RE: Down 260 in 12 months
Good going Mary!!! I can tell you are ecstastic over the weight loss and you have every right to be. This change for a new life works wonders in all of those that are dedicated. Congratulations.
Cynthia A.
on 2/22/04 11:14 pm - Longview, TX
Topic: I am proud of the new me.
Just wanted everyone to know I have now lost 97 pounds at my one year anniversary. I look a heck of a lot better and feel a lot better. It is amazing how lifting off those extra pounds can make such a difference. I highly recommend this surgery to everyone that needs it. Congratulations to the rest of you that just celebrated their one year anniversary also!!!!! Keep up the good work!!! It pays off.
Most Active