is any one alive out there??

toniw
on 8/22/07 2:19 am
I had my surgery on 02/14/05...i am struggeling with grazing issues as well as a small amt of regain...8 - 10 pounds depending on the day. i would love to hear how other people are doing at this stage. I am also finding that i can eat alot more than i used to and it scares me...can anyone respond as to what they eat on a daily basis??
markys mama
on 8/24/07 4:30 am - independence, CA
I can not really say as of now cause I am PG and I have to eat about every two hours. But I would say that before the baby I would eat alot more than when I was first post op. I eat now 1/2 some times a whole Bagle in the morning and two hours later I eat 2 string cheese then I eat lunch depending on the day but most days 1/2 to a whole sandwitch and then I usually dont eat anything till after work and then it is something bad for me couple of cookies or something to that effect. and then I cook dinner last night it was mex. two tocos and small amount of rice and beans cant eat alot of them they are just fillers. so that is my day and of corse I drink two 36 oz bottles of water and my crystal light. any way hope this helps.
karen C.
on 1/11/08 2:51 am - Kennewick, WA
Not sure where my reply ended up as I realize I replied to the wrong post. OOps, Hope the person I replied to does not take offense as it was a "How is your pregnancy going?" type of post. Remove both of my feet from my mouth please. Hope you are doing well. Is your baby here yet? My daughter is expecting twin in April and I just can hardly wait. Best wishes, Karen C
Meryl Gustafson
on 11/14/07 10:13 am - Andersonville, TN
Please read my reply on "off track"... it may bring you some comfort. Or maybe you would like to e-mail me as I do have issues with eating as well and the one hour I spend in support group each month does not seem to alleviate my worries as to what the future may hold for me. My e-mail is [email protected]. Anyone that is reading this post and would like to talk to an 'almost' 3 year out person can e-mail me as well.... take care everyone! Meryl
karen C.
on 11/18/07 6:51 pm - Kennewick, WA
Hi Toni, Thank you for your post. I had Lap Rny on 2/16/05 just two days after you. I too am having some of the same issues you are. I think we are too smart for our own good; we've learned the "tricks" around our surgery too well. For the most part I'm doing great. I started at 377 lbs; I'm 5'3" short. I now weight 187 lbs. In late August this year I had a lower body lift which removed 17 lbs of excess skin. I feel great, have lots of enery, am living life fully. However, that being said, I'd still like to lose about 30 more lbs and I'm sure not doing much to assure that that happens. Sugar doesn't bother me unfortunately. If I eat too many "slider" foods like soups, even cottage cheese, I can eat more than I should. I just completed the 5 day pouch test. I feel like it helped get me back on track. It got the refined carbs out of my system and I feel better and have more energy. Now the hard part is staying on track. It is a good reminder of the "right way" of working this tool of weight loss surgery. At almost 3yrs post op (can you believe it?) it's up to us to do the work. Proper eating, exercise, healthy thinking. Best wishes to you. Karen C
Deb K
on 11/24/07 8:05 pm
Hi Toni, my RNY was 2/22/05. I lost down to 125lbs but went back up to 134 lbs, I don't like it much, but I still work hard at not putting on more. I do know what does it for me, bread, potatoes & cereal. So I do exercise everyday and I know I should do more. This has been scary for me to keep the pounds down or off. I don't know how thin people do it because I have always been heavy all my life. But NO EXCUSES - here because I know what to do and if I choose not to do it that is my fault. Keep in touch and yes I can eat way more than I use to. Take care and God bless. Thanks for posting here it helps.
karen C.
on 1/11/08 2:41 am - Kennewick, WA
Toni, I just stopped by to say hi and see how you are doing. I picked up a couple of pounds during the holidays and am having a hard time getting back into a good exercise routine which is critical for me. I find myself just wasting time when I could easily get to the gym or go for a long walk. Can you believe we're fast approaching our 3 yr anniversary. I had surgery on 2/15/05 just one day after you. Karen C
karen C.
on 1/11/08 2:48 am - Kennewick, WA
Oops just realized I responded to the wrong post. I did not mean to imply that you looked pregnant. Take both my feet out of my mouth! Karen C
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anyone still around?
Robin D. · 2 replies · 706 views
checking in
markys mama · 2 replies · 803 views