your tastes really do change...

Tamilynn
on 4/12/09 8:05 am
So far almost everything I am trying to get my protein in has tasted gross. I loved the shakes and stuff preop. I saved samples of all kinds of stuff to try and have yet to get something even palatable. I feel like my smell has elevated 10 fold! I went to try a CIB this morning and gaged from just the smell! I have gotten in my vitamins today and I am doing better with my water as well b ut this protein thing is gonna kick my ass! I don't know if there is anyway to do it this early out without the protein shakes of nectar etc. I bought some special k protein water and then I will try that next. I know ill get it soon but I thought the protein part would be no problem. Yeah right! Even yogart and pudding tastes gross right now!
KCowden
on 4/12/09 11:23 am
My instructions were to focus on the water first and then fit in the protein later (after two week).  I am also including three 2oz meals of slimfast each day.  I am suppose to work up to six 3oz meals a day by the end of two weeks.  Water or Liquid Liquids is suppose to be 4-6 cups working up to 6-8.  I am pushing to get 4 cups in right now and I am drinking constantly.  Not sure what the secret to that will be.

Kelly
dawnhouse
on 4/13/09 5:45 am - Panama City, FL
I'm glad to see you made it through surgery unscathed!!  I met a woman this past Tuesday who had RNY the Friday before (so she was 4 days post-op).  She was having an extremely difficult time getting in protein as well.  Our surgeon told her to concentrate on the water and that the protein would get easier.  He told her to just keep trying.  Good luck.  Keep us posted!

lisa120
on 4/19/09 5:45 am - sutter, CA
I feel the same way as you. I had my RNY on 4/13/09 and I can only get in about 2 sips of protein and then I feel too full or it just tastes too bad to drink. I am going to my post op class tomorrow so maybe i will learn something helpful. I just mainly am working on my water for now.

Highest weight ever was 310lbs - Weight at Consultation 294lbs- Weight at WLS day  4/13/09 270lbs

MommaKing
on 4/25/09 1:02 am
i experienced the same thing as you. i enjoyed protein shakes pre-op, but post-op is a whole other story. i couldn't stand the taste or smell of protein drinks. i thought it was the milky taste that was getting to me so i went to gnc and got some water-based protein and it even worse than the shakes. it smells horrible! i didn't do well with protein for the first 2 weeks out of surgery. now that i can have mushies i'm doing a lot better with soft protein. the same ought to be true with you. hang in there!
MsFallsAlot
on 5/6/09 10:34 am - GA
Do you guys find that they are way too SWEET? I've tried everything from Whey protein shakes to the liquid no carb drinks. Everything tastes like it has a pound of sugar in it.

~Cindi~

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 726 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 877 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 762 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1292 views