SURGERY SET FOR 4/20/09

AnitaMcD
on 4/12/09 10:45 pm - So. Orange County, CA

I am a little nervous at this point.  I joined this site in hopes to calm down a little; see the before/after incentives.  I know I will be a mess next week -- but knowing so many people are doing this and even within the same time-frame as me, has helped.  Good luck to everyone...

AnitaMcD

dawnhouse
on 4/14/09 2:12 am - Panama City, FL
Anita, I know it's easier said then done, but try not to worry too much.  I'm sure you've done your research and feel very confident with your surgeon.  You'll be just fine.  You've made a great decision for yourself and your future in terms of your health and wellbeing.  Always keep in mind your motivating factor - it may help ease the tension.  My motto - "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels."  I want to get to that point.  I want to know that there's no food out there that I crave more than I crave to be thin.  That's what I think about when I start to feel nervous.  I'm actually handling the nerves better than I thought.  I only truly get nervous when my husband starts to talk about it.  Hang in there.  We'll get through this!  See you on the loser's bench!

bleau
on 4/15/09 12:16 pm
RNY on 04/20/09 with
i know just how you feel i am also scheduled for the 20th and like you i am both excited and nervous i am hoping that it will be a new start for me less meds easier to get around and do what i want the discomfort out ways the cons for me  if you are looking for a really good book to read there is Weight loss surgery for dummies it answers alot of questions also i got a couple of cookbooks for gastric bypass patients to have ideas of things to eat my dietitian showed me one  got them from Amazon consider this another birthday a day to celebrate the new us and all the hard work we will do to get there good luck to you and positive thinking and don't worry about things your husband says mine does the same because i think it makes him as nervouse as i am
AnitaMcD
on 4/16/09 6:16 am - So. Orange County, CA
Thanks, Dawn!  You are right...  I keep thinking of the clothes I'll be able to wear!  Good luck to you.

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Jamie C.
on 4/16/09 2:08 am - New Castle, IN
I'm also scheduled for surgery on April 20th.  Very nervous, but at the same time very excited to begin my weight loss journey and all the positive impacts that come along the way.  When a negative experience pops up we'll take care of them one at a time and get through this.  Congrats to you and good luck tomorrow Dawn!

Jamie
AnitaMcD
on 4/16/09 6:18 am - So. Orange County, CA
OMG, a few more days to go... I will be thinking of all of you too.  Thanks for the reminders of the positive aspects that will weigh out the nervousness.

Anita 

abccanizares
on 4/16/09 5:43 am
Hi Anita,

I just found out today that I am going for surgery on Monday 4/20/09. I wasn't expecting to get the call so quick. I too am a lot nervous at this point. I thought the same as you that I'd find a calmig by coming to this site. I hope all go's well for you and I both and wish you well.

ColleenC
AnitaMcD
on 4/16/09 6:20 am - So. Orange County, CA
Colleen,

Congrat on your upcoming surgery too!  Thank you for the best wishes, and likewise to you.  It just feels nice that there's a lot of us in this boat and we can share our experiences and mostly... succcesses.  Let's all try to keep in touch - with the same surgery dates/months.  I would like that.

Anita 

Mike F.
on 4/16/09 11:31 pm - Orlando, FL
I have my surgery scheduled for Monday the 20th also. I to am excited/nervous. I am keeping busy at work and tomorrow I'll spend all day at the coast fishing to keep my mind off of it. I can't wait for this new stage of my life to begin.

Keep reading posts. I have gotten a lot of invaluable information from reading the posts and asking questions.

Good luck with your surgery!!!

Mike
AnitaMcD
on 5/4/09 8:23 am - So. Orange County, CA
Well, 4/20 came and went.  I thought I was going to have gastric bypass surgery, but they just removed my gall bladder and said I needed to heal for 6-8 weeks before doing the actual procedure.  Disappointed?  Not entirely.  Only because I have been waiting so long for a permanent position and I had a 2nd level interview (last minute scheduled for 4/23).  If I did the procedure, I would NOT have made the interview.  And to top it all off... I got the job (1 of 431 applicants!)  Yay!  Today is my first day.  I will reschedule my surgery - thinking more with the holidays/Christmas since I can't very well ask for 3-4 weeks off when I just started!  Oh well, I'm still planning on it... but just a delay.  Ciao for now...

Anita 

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 726 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 877 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 763 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1292 views