Surgery April 17th, 2009

xlx_sparkz_xlx
on 4/13/09 6:18 pm - MI

My surgery is here FINALLY!!!! I am sooo excited  but a little nervous too.... I didn't tell my immediate family .... so it's just me and my husband but it's ok.... because my family would only say " I took the easy way out" Oh well I guess..... Wish me luck I need all the prayers I can get!

xoxo Thanks!

dawnhouse
on 4/14/09 2:05 am - Panama City, FL
Congrats on your surgery date!  I'm April 17 also.  I started my liquid diet today.  So far, it's not so bad.  My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery!

xlx_sparkz_xlx
on 4/14/09 6:38 pm - MI
Thank you Congrats on your's as well!! Thanks for the prayers I will make sure to keep you in mine as well make sure to keep in touch after your surgery
ctmartin98
on 4/14/09 11:24 pm - PA
Congrats!!!  Wish you luck and I will keep you in my prayers
luv2quilt
on 4/21/09 11:11 am
Hello!
I too had my surgery Friday.  This is my first posting and wanted to say I agree with xlx, I only told a few people because most people are so negative and that is not what I need right now.
But any way yippee for us! We are on our way!

Joanne
doda94
on 4/23/09 10:13 am - Canada
Hey!!!  I had my surgery on Friday with Dr. Pesta as well!!!  Would love to keep in touch!!  This is my first post on OH!!
sxycop
on 4/26/09 3:33 am
Hi everyone!!! I also had my Rny April 17th!!!! Yeah!!!! I only told my parents...but that's it...I love it that way..I'm on my own pace without the lights, camera, and action~ in my face!.... So far so good guys! I hit the treadmill the 3rd day after my surgery and been doing it at a slow to normal pace...it's been helping me with the gas and bloating feeling....I am experiencing big time head hunger and stopped watching tv as much....every commercial is nothing but food...and all i want to do is run to Red Lobster everytime I see it!

I'm still on liquids, but switched over a bit early from clear broth to 4-6oz of cream of chicken soup (with skim milk added)...and trying to get atleast 2 , 8oz of protein shakes in a day as well....but so far all i get in is the 1.....
luv2quilt
on 4/28/09 8:40 am
Hi Everyone!

I seem to be slightly challenged on my OH page, and replying to posts is different than other sites that I have been on.

I am glad to see that you are on a treadmill, right before surgery mine broke, and my DH is "working" on it.  It seems like it either raining or 90 degrees here, but I do stuff at home and up and down the steps quite frequently.

I am still on the clear liquid diet.  I cannot tolerate anymore broth. At All. Period. Friday I progress to the mush diet.

My scale is also broken so I only have the amount of weight I lost when I went to get my drain out, which was 11 lbs. in 6 days.  Kinda scary.   I know, alot of water loss..

Is anyone having issues with dizziness, or really dry mouth?  Last night I could not even wear my Cpap.  I also seem to be having issues with remembering things, words, spelling, what I was doing, etc.

It's funny sxycop but I have been watching cooking shows, and trying to find heathier ideas.  I thought I was a good cook, but that was before, and now I need to relearn some stuff. And as much as I like her, not any Paula Deen recipes..

BTW, I am still getting those negative comments.  Really irritates me.

Hope everyone is doing great and getting lots of support from those that love you!

Joanne

sxycop
on 4/29/09 5:09 am, edited 4/29/09 5:10 am
I stopped the clear broth probably the end of the 1st wk...but i'm still on full liquids...I drink mostly protein shakes made with Ocean Spray Cran-Energy and a little lt vanilla Soy Milk mixed with it...then for lunch I have my cream of chicken or cream or cream of  something soup (made with skim for more added protein), and if hungry another shake...but i snack on the usual sf jello, pudding, etc...and get my walking in....but I still could go for some shrimp fried rice or a half cheese steak! Its so crazy i tell you....I wish they could have came up with some form of pill for us to take after the surgery to fight against head hunger!!!!!
Paula Deen, I think just make up the nastiest recipes sometimes...that stuff she come up with will give anyone a freaking heart attack! I know she don't eat half the stuff she makes on tv...
As far as the negative comments, just ignore them...you are whats important and being healthy...putting yourself first once and for all...to hell with everyone else you know!

Take care, continue doing going....oh and try that cream of chicken soup for variety if you want...4-6oz though...its yummy!

Cheetah
Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 726 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 877 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 763 views
Stopped Losing Weight
free2bethin · 4 replies · 1292 views