Today is my 1 year surgiversary!!!

LivinLife
on 5/1/07 6:13 am - Grove City, OH
Wow oh wow! I can't believe 1 year ago today I was scared stiff laying on the table in the OR getting prepped for surgery. I was so scared that maybe I would have complications or maybe I would be the 1 person to have this surgery and still not lose weight! Looking back now, it was the best decision I have ever made. My life changed May 1st 2006. I am a completely different person today....and yet I am still the same person I always was. Does that make sense?? I am now letting people get to know the real me without being so self conscious all the time. I say whatever I think more now. I talk to strangers all the time. Strangers talk to me all the time now. I am no longer invisible, and it is wonderful! As of today I have lost 99.5 pounds (yesterday it was officially 100, but I'm up .5 today...rats!!). I wear size 1/2 or 3/4 bottoms and size Small or Medium tops. Last year I was wearing 18-20 bottoms and 20-22 tops. People who see me now cannot tell that I was ever morbidly obese. I think I am a lot more fun than a lot of other people who have always been my size because I know where I have come from. I am sooooooo thankful for this blessing, this chance at a new life. I will update new pictures soon, since the last ones are from January. I just wanted to wish all of you May 2007 surgery friends good luck with your journeys. Make sure you journal all your feelings and experiences so you can be an inspiration to others...like maybe the May 2008 babies (we call ourselves May babies because it's like a new birthday!) Let me know if I can answer any questions for you!!! Hugs, Darlene
Carla Hitz-Peer
on 5/1/07 6:41 am - Union City, MI
VSG on 04/11/12
CONGRATS!!!
LivinLife
on 5/1/07 6:57 am - Grove City, OH
Thanks Carla!!
TinaMW
on 5/1/07 12:17 pm - Guthrie, OK
Way to go Darlene....you look amazing!!!
(deactivated member)
on 5/1/07 8:24 pm - Basom, NY
Congratulations Darlene. You have done awesome!! Good Luck in all you do!! ~~Betsy P.S. I hope to be saying the same things next year!! Thanks!
LivinLife
on 5/2/07 9:59 am - Grove City, OH
Believe me, you will!!
lv2beasahm
on 5/2/07 1:57 am - Pennsville, NJ
Wow Darlene! Congratulations on the new you! Ugh I can't wait to not be self-conscious all the time. I'm so excited about surgery that I'm driving my family insane. lol My husband isn't quite sure about all this but he's going to my pre-surgery class tomorrow. Hopefully it'll open his eyes. It's funny because he's into horror movies. I got a video of the Penn Vital Signs program from 2004 on Bariatric Surgery. He refuses to watch it. For me, it was incredible and I've watched it over and over. I hope to be a huge cheerleader for the May 2008 babies. Three weeks just seems like forever to me. I have a dear friend at dance class who had her surgery in March 2006. She's gone from 365 lbs to 201 lbs as of last Monday. She looks incredible! I'm so happy to have a cheerleader within a couple miles. To me it feels like the greatest thing I've ever done. Thank you so much for sharing your journey with us!!!!! * Cyndi *
LivinLife
on 5/2/07 10:02 am - Grove City, OH
Cyndi, three weeks will be over in no time. Then your journey will begin! I look forward to reading about your progress. Darlene
busdriver
on 5/2/07 1:55 pm - Monroe, MI
Darlene, I can't believe how great you look. And what a change in clothing size !! I couldn't help but look at your skinny arms in that darling dress. Now that is what I want to wear in one year..How did you loose all the flab ? Congrats.. Pam-busdriver
LivinLife
on 5/2/07 11:45 pm - Grove City, OH
Thank you. You will be amazed at how far you can come in just one year. My arms aren't too flabby; I guess I got lucky. However, my tummy has wrinkles & needs tucked!! Hugs, Darlene
Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 586 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1234 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1195 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 967 views