OK I AM BACK

jrn2002
on 11/11/08 12:58 pm - MI
Ok I have been gone for a while, Life has been busy had my surgery, then I met a great man, go married living my happy little life, I lost sight of the goal, so I am back and I really need to get A FIRE LIT UNDER MY BUTT.  So here I am people,  I am back and in desperate need of motivation.
John W.
on 11/14/08 11:46 pm - Near Topeka, KS
I hear you. I have been living life to the fullest and now I've let some of the old habits slip back in. I'm trying to break a stupid candy addiction. Before surgery I could take it or leave it. Now, I just can't get enough candy...what is with that?

I have also gained about 8 pounds gradually over the past two-three months so it is back to work for me too. I really don't want to go into the holiday season with those extra pounds. I'm thinking that I may need to join our local gym to start more of a workout routine.

Talk about getting a fire lit under the hind end/(In my case getting my hind end kicked)... My wife had her surgery in June and has dropped 80 pounds as of this week. I love taking my new girlfriend (I tease her about not being able to find my wife) out to dinner. We can easily share a meal and bring something back home almost every time. She still likes to order more than we need, and I am just now finally starting to get it...we just don't need that much.

I'm going to make a commitment to get back to basics. We are now in the most dangerous phase of our surgery...the post op phase of 18+ months. Everyone beware that we all have to be careful and stay motivated. THIS SURGERY WILL NOT WORK ALL BY ITSELF and there are a great many people out there that gain a huge portion of what they originally lost. I actually suffer from a bit of envy because my wife gets full so quickly now. I want those days back and miss more of the "easy street" weight loss days. I really was easier than it is now....back to the drawing board. The first way to get a grip on this is to accept that this is a TOUGH road.

Come on other people...admit it too. I know that at least a couple of you are struggling too.

We don't want to go through this and not experience long-term success.

Anyone else out there?

John

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

(deactivated member)
on 11/29/08 8:36 pm - Basom, NY
I must admit I have also fallen prey to this also.  I have gained back 6 lbs.  It has made me feel just awful about myself.  I know I have to do something to get myself motivated too.  I do not want to be a "failure" any more. 

John, I know what you mean about the candy addiction.  I have it too!  (Isn't that the first step, admitting it?.....lol).  My candy of choice is Mike n' Ikes.  Yikes!!! 

Anyway,  good luck through the holidays.  I know I am going to have to work very hard to get on track, and stay on track now!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 575 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1212 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1186 views
It's been TOOO Long, HI GUYS!!!
Jamie S. · 2 replies · 955 views