Update at 2 years for me and 1 year for Christine

John W.
on 6/6/09 12:00 am, edited 6/6/09 12:03 am - Near Topeka, KS
I've had several messages regarding the progress of Christine. I thought that perhaps a pic might be the best way to update everyone. This was last week at Hannah's graduation. Christine has managed to drop just over 90 pounds and we love the new lease on life.

Blessings to all...

John

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

armra1967
on 6/6/09 2:17 pm - Lakewood, NY
Good to see you here and know all is well for both you and your lovely family. Just had my 2 yr. check up and passed w/ flying colors. Still 2 pounds from goal, but very pleased with the new me.
Take care and have a great summer. ~April

John W.
on 6/9/09 1:30 am - Near Topeka, KS
Yes April, those last few pounds can be the most frustrating.

I've gained a few and had a bounce back. I'm determined to keep this in check for the rest of my life.

John

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?

lv2beasahm
on 6/8/09 10:58 am - Pennsville, NJ
Wow!  You both look fabulous!  I celebrated two years out on 5/25 and celebrated my 44th birthday on 5/29.  I can't remember ever feeling this good. :D  I'm still way below my surgeon's goal but picked up a few pounds I desperately needed.  Yes, silly enough, I did get "too" small.  Go figure.  It's been an AMAZING two years for all of us!  Just wish I had the time to get back here more often. :)

Love to all my May 2007 family!
* Cyndi *

John W.
on 6/9/09 2:01 am - Near Topeka, KS
Cyndi,

What an absolutely glamorous new avie...you just look so stunning.

I still think of you and hope that all is going well with you on the home front. You deserve that good life since you have pushed hard to win.

Christine and I were just talking how we used to go to the local trough like Coyote or Corral. Now we discovered the fine local restaurant that has the very best food. We would far rather go to a nicer place and eat less than go to a cheap place and eat a lot. I used to think that those people who went to those finer places were foolish. Now I've learned who the really foolish ones are...I still can't believe I used to eat three heaping plates of food.

I had my labs done this week and everything came back good except I was low on protein levels and my spot sugar level was 103 (a bit higher than expected). Those two things told on me. I've been having too many carbs and not staying focused enough on my protein. Those dang tattle tests taking me to the mat. I'm more determined than ever.

My 2 sons are at Bill Self Basketball Camp this week and last night Bill came up to my son (6' 4") and started talking to him. In the life of a 14 year old basketball player (living in Kansas and near the home of KU), that is a dream come true. On coach's way out the door, Joel said "bye Mr. Self". Then Bill just pointed to him as if to say "I'm watching you".

After that encounter Joel's team was playing with the score tied. They had to do a "sudden death" overtime to end the game. Joel did the jump ball and was so excited that he hit it out of bounds to go to the other team. The other team took it down the court and missed. Joel's team took it back down to their end and shot the ball and they missed. Joel rebounded and with his back to the basket did a turnaround reverse lay up off the glass to end the game. I know that your daughter was into dance so I don't know how much you follow the basketball world. This is BIG stuff to him at 14 years old.

Okay...I've got to go clean the basement...always trying to stay focused on a project keeps the mind off food.

Keep up the great work.

John

New in 2010

armra1967
on 6/9/09 2:17 am - Lakewood, NY
You look fab yourself there

Most Active
Recent Topics
Anybody out there?
Mrs. SmartiePants · 0 replies · 575 views
5years!! Anyone there?
Donna W. · 4 replies · 1212 views
5 years out
juliathomas · 2 replies · 1186 views