Surgery 5/26/2010 liquid diet...

vlo1823
on 5/15/10 1:33 pm - Virginia Beach, VA

Hey all my same day surgery peeps, hows your liquid diet going?  I am not hungry anymore, it's all in my head....literally.  I could really go for something solid right about now!

Someone once told me they'd never trust a skinny chef...I say my fat will never define my mad culinary skills!          ~Height 5'3"~

missmichelle78
on 5/15/10 3:24 pm - Fresno, CA
you are totally liquid? my dr said to just eat protein, tuna, chicken, etc, the liquid will be after. I am not having a hard time today, i thought about food a little but I got over it, I think I just get a little thought of food then bam! I make it happen, its time to just let those thoughts be thoughts, great job on the diet, my dr changed my date to wed and I wasnt supposed to start my 2 week diet til tues so if that happens to you, then you will be all ready.

vlo1823
on 5/16/10 2:21 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Yes ma'am, totally liquid and it is getting better day by day but still that head hunger is a biotch!  Oh well almost one week down!!  YAY ME!
Someone once told me they'd never trust a skinny chef...I say my fat will never define my mad culinary skills!          ~Height 5'3"~

Robin S.
on 5/16/10 12:58 pm - Chatsworth, CA
All I can say is THANK GOD FOR FUDGESICLES!!!!!!!     My doc had them on pre op liquid diet as well as post op so when I get that urge to chew, I have a fudgesicle.     My only bad has been when I get veggie soup, I test the carrots and if they are almost mush, I go ahead and turn them to mush in my mouth and swallow with the liquid.    Not perfect, but works for me so far.
I'm Just Robin!
Highest weight 250 - Goal Weight 150 - Current Weight 147
*** Hanging with Weight Watchers now to keep on track ***  
vlo1823
on 5/16/10 1:06 pm - Virginia Beach, VA

Yeah I have been indulging in miso soup...it has bits of seaweed and tofu.  At first I was like should I straing this?  But then I decided that tofu is protein too right?  Anywho everyday gets easier I hope...

xenobia
on 5/24/10 2:48 am - miami, FL
MIso soup mmmmmmmmmmmmm. That sound way better thaqt clear chicken broth, I am in! I just started  my liquid diet today. Its only two days but that Miso soupd give me something to look forawrd to.
jazzybella
on 5/16/10 1:42 pm - Canton, MI
I don't have to do a liquid diet but I am suppose to lose 10 lbs before the surgery. I constantly lost weight until last week when I gained 3 lbs so I'm trying to step things up and cut way back on the carbs and stop indulging on the weekends. I'm so scared that they will have to covert from a lap to open because my liver is too big.

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good   
vlo1823
on 5/16/10 1:50 pm - Virginia Beach, VA
Yeah you deff don't want that.  Man I wish I didn't have this liquid diet...I just have to remember that it's step one on my journey....

njnancy
on 5/18/10 11:10 am
I start mine on Thursday  - - this part I am pretty nervous about.  I have two (not one but two) formal events (with alchol this week).  Going to be a tough one!
lospatricios
on 5/19/10 1:09 pm - Hardeeville, SC
This may be a stupid comment but.....I`m confused?My surgeon has never mentioned a pre-op diet.My pre-op appointment is on the 21st but then my surgery is on the 26th so...I dont think they are going to me on one. I wonder why some are put on one and some arent.
Most Active
Recent Topics