More Questions

Theresa560
on 9/7/09 1:06 am
Had my RNY 8/31. Still pretty painful! My problem is I'm constantly nauseated! I also have a constant sweet taste in my mouth. I thinking that may be from where I'm in a state of ketosis. Have any suggestions? I'm struggling to get my fluids in although I do manage. I haven't been able to get any of my protien in as I'm still on clear liquids and can't tolerate the clear liquid protien drinks well because of the nausea. Back to see Dr. Thurs and should be able to start EAS protien drinks then.

monalisa_mark
on 9/14/09 9:12 am - St. Joseph, MO
I am not a RNY however, I am a student nurse and recommend you call the Dr. and discuss this, I do think  you may need to look at yoru protien intake and possibly he can give you an anti nausea patch to help you through.

Please call them and let them get you something.

Mona

KatieAnn
on 9/24/09 12:03 am - Oshkosh, WI
I also had my RNY on 8/31/09. Amen on the "still pretty painful!". My doctor took me off of the real pain meds last week and told me to use Tylenol for discomfort. Most of the time the pain prevents me from sleeping, which can't be good for the recovery process.
I have also had terrible nausea, sometimes to the point of retching.  I talked to my dietician  about it at this Monday's appointment. She told me that it might be caused by the mucus in my stomach. She advised me to drink an ounce of warm liquid about a half hour before "eating". The warm liquid is supposed to break up the mucus so it doesn't act like a springboard & toss out whatever nutrition you're trying to put down there. I thought she was nuts, but was desperate enough to try. I drank some soothing mint tea (unsweetened), but she said that anything without sugar/caffeine/calories should be fine. Yesterday was the first day that everything stayed in my stomach without nausea.

Healing wishes to you
denisewilliams
on 9/24/09 4:57 am
 I had my RNY on August 7th.  I was nauseated until about a week ago.  I'm just now able to get my protien drinks in.  I use a blender, 1 1/2 scoops (30 gm) of chocolate whey protien, one packet splenda, a little sugar free choc syrup, water and ice.  Makes it like a shake.  I have trouble with milk now. 

For the keytonics(sp) my dr recommended grape juice with no sugar added.  Worked great.  Bought one thing of Juicy Juice and drank it and felt 100% better. 

Good luck!! 

Denise
kwatkins
on 9/24/09 12:28 pm - Markham, IL
OMG. I'm having that problem and I have to make myself throw my food up when it is such a discomfort. I noticed the Mucus. I will try tea with no suger. before eating next time.
Kimi

Pre-op Weight:   327
Surgery Weight:  239
Current Weight:  190
Goal Weight:     160

Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1087 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1062 views
I'm around