average weight loss?

SheliaM
on 3/9/10 10:56 pm
I had surgery on August 25, 2009. I've lost 73 lbs.  It seems like the weight loss is really slowing down. And I had hoped to lose more by now.       For those that are about 6 months out, I was wondering about your total weight loss.  Just trying to judge if I'm doing okay.  I'm also wondering if any of you are 8-10 months out, and could tell me what to expect next.

(deactivated member)
on 3/22/10 10:56 am - Wendell, NC
Well I  had  my  surgery  on  the  same  day and  I  have  lost  90 lbs . I  think  weight loss  depends  on  several  factors, I  know  that at  first  when  the  weight  was  coming  offf  quick  I  was  lazy  and  didnt  exercise ,but  now that it  is coming  off  slow  I  have   started  working  my  butt off  exercising.  Sometimes  it  is  good  to  talk  with  your  doctor  and  see  what  changes  may  be  necessary. Others  that  I  have  talked  to  said I  was doing  fine  and  seem  to  have  lost  more  than  normal. I  have  a  different  opinion ,because  I  thought  I  was  losing  too  slow too. You  may  have  to  increase  your  exercise . Good  luck to  you.
pearls92
on 4/7/10 8:14 am - Greenville, NC
I had my surgery on August 27, 2009 and at 7month i have lost 102 lbs...I had a 4 week stall and then started to loose again. 

BlackPearl
on 4/10/10 1:04 am - Jacksonville, NC
I am currently down 108 from surgery weight and 119 down from Preop.  I the weight loss is all individual.  You do hit stalls along the way, but it will pick back up.  You will lose from 12 to 18 months.  So I would not stress too much about it.  Like it has been said, the closer you get to goal you will have to work harder.  So that means watching what you eat and also exercising. 

Amy Smith
on 4/10/10 1:55 am
I had surgery the beginning of August and was down around 70 pounds at Christmas.  Then I had an adhesion removal and candy cane revision, which turned into 3 months of trips in and out of the OR with my last surgery on April 1st.  I was not allowed to lose weight for those 3 months ( I was on tube feedings and a PICC line), but I have started to eat again and am losing very quickly all of a sudden.  I am now down 80lbs. since I started this journey. I am just concerned that I am not getting enough in as I am losing rapidly. I am afraid I am going back to tube feedings.

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

cokercoker
on 5/4/10 12:53 pm - chesapeake, VA
 iam down 95 my  date was 8/19/09 but ididn't  start to loose until the end of sept. i went for a check up the dr. said everything was fine not to worry because i have'nt lost in about 4 weeks which was scary to me but am working out now and i drop 5 pounds in three days. i say just change some things up good luck ur not by ur self 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Terrified of gaining weight back
Jilly_Bean · 2 replies · 1088 views
Almost 3 years out
pearls92 · 2 replies · 1062 views
I'm around
InkdSpEdTchr · 2 replies · 885 views
My Dr. Appointment
3jsmom · 1 replies · 845 views