help

sweetdarling_ab
on 12/30/04 7:02 am - Calgary, Canada
hi i wanted to talk to anyone that has just stopped losing due to bad habits and am now doing better and seeing results..i am deeply depressed and wonder if i am done losing forever...still need to lose at least 50...and have tummy tuck sqedualed for 3 months from now...hugs Dawn
diananoreika
on 1/3/05 10:49 am - Parkville, MD
Dawn first let me say you look great second I have been a slow loser since month 7 and I am a horrible grazer and sugar addict. I know how bad it feels to feel like we are messing up this tool but we need to get over it and use the tool atleast thats what I am trying to do good luck to us both Diana Noreika
Lynda R.
on 1/5/05 3:12 pm - Sacramento, ca
Thank god - I totally understand! I COMPLETELY understand.... I've stopped losing... Which is kinda ok, but kinda not... I'm at a good weight... I'd LIKE to be about 10 pounds less, but it's called SUGAR ADDICT, FOOD ADDICT... oh, water and exercise? I should do those... I am frustrated, very frustrated, I don't want to look at my body, the skin is completely nasty, my chins, are wrinkly and nasty... Oh, ya, it's way better than 320..... hands down... but I want to be firm, and beautiful, not a flying squirrel who can't be trusted with sugar or her kitchen... Hang in there.. Dawn - you aren't alone.... we are human, there are days that are better than others.... and we can even make today a good day at 11:11 pm HUGS!!!!!!
Patti D
on 1/5/05 9:12 pm - somewhere out there, NY
Hi Dawn, I read your post and I read your profile and before I go any further I want you to know that I do understand your plight and I am not here to lecture you. You have done a great job so far in getting off most of your excess weight - I believe you wrote that you lost 92 pounds in your profile. Congratulations, that is great! You received 2 responses that commisserated with your situation as they, too, have given in to previous bad habits. Now, having said all of that I am going to be perfectly blunt in telling you that YOU are the only one that can fix this problem and you do know what you have to do. You were given a tool to use and you have chosen not to use it to its full benefit. You have to decide which is more important to you - getting the remainder of that weight off or eating things you know you shouldn't. If you really want to start losing again, go back to basics and you will do it. No one said that this was easy and that it wasn't a lifetime commitment. You just have to want it bad enough. We are here to support you in whatever paths you choose in this journey. best of luck to you! Patti
SJP
on 1/10/05 11:37 am - Kansas City, MO
Anyone who hasn't done so should sign up on this yahoo group. This is a group for anyone over 1 year post-op. Great info and support! http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Graduate-OSSG/
loinrc
on 2/11/05 1:19 pm - Rapid City, SD
Hi, I too understand what you are going through. I need to shape up myself or I will lose this wonderful blessing. Tonight I had a pork chop and half a cup of mashed pot. for supper and then a few hours later gnawed off the edge of another chop. Thats my bad habit. I need to have regular meals and snacks and stick to them. I can also eat sugar and that is bad so since I am single I got rid of anything that could possible tempt me in my house. And I don't keep junk around usually but I had some things from the holidays that I could have got compulsive with. This is how nuts I can be with food. Had a dry cake mix I was afraid I may mix up and eat raw. I know it would have made me sick but I would have tried at some point I am sure. And a can of french fried onions i would have dived into in one of my compulsive fits. It is so scary and I have had all kinds of counceling, eating disorder groups, overeaters anonymous and still I cannot seem to completely get a grip on myself. Well I am babbling. I was once 330 at 5ft 2inches. At surgery 285 and now am 167. I want to lose about 30 more pounds and I will be 2 years out in Sept. So I know I need to take advantage of the window because it is closing. I am rooting for you. I know we can beat this it just takes perseverance. Hanging in there--- Lucy O'Grady
Most Active