What do you eat???

Lynda R.
on 1/5/05 3:16 pm - Sacramento, ca
Please help me..... What do you eat... How much do you eat? How many ounces? I'm struggling, and beating myself up. Does your surgeon suggest more being this far out? Thank you for any support here!
diananoreika
on 1/7/05 2:39 am - Parkville, MD
I eat anything I want some examples last nites dinner 1/2 backed chicken thigh 1/3 cup noodles 1/4 cup green beans lunch 2 small slices thin crust pizza breakfast coffee protein shake thru day 3 pieces candy 1/2 cup rice pudding tea if I eat subs I can eat 1/4 with non of the bread....I cant eat much rice or pasta..hardly no bread...I miss pancakes I tend to eat alot of vegetables The doc thinks I am doing fine 149 pounds lost but never asks what I eat I think I am a slow loser and I know I am a sugar addict Diana Noreika
cbd1954
on 1/10/05 4:13 am - Brookston, IN
Hi, At this time out I have been told the usual amount of food is 1 1/4 cups per meal. So I try to break it down into 1/4ths. I am a sweets freak so I am one of the unlucky ones who can stand sugar. I really had hoped I wouldn't be able to tollerate it. I split some meat with my husband because I cannot eat meat very well, I eat cooked vegtables, I can eat salad but I do eat the spring baby lettuces. They are easier to digest. Alot of cheeses and cottage cheese. Also beans and legumes(lentils) I make a bean soup and then puree some of it. I can eat some snack foods except chips,I can eat popcorn, homemade granola(low fat), cookies made with Splenda or Splenda Bake. However when I am trying to stay away from the carb loaded sweets, I eat fruit cups or canned fruit and make a salad. I will mix fruit in it own juice and add fresh banana to it. I sure beats the craving. No bread with exception of croissants. They are lighter and flaky so it's easy to chew them up and eat slowly. Of course there is the ever present protein shake(I add frozen fruit sometimes) when I am feeling bad or not hungry but need the nutrition. Always remember the water!! I experiment, eat very slowly and chew, & chew. I find that it is usually my biggest problem in keeping food down. Not taking my time. I beat myself up too, especially when I want something sweet and I know I have over done it. I hope this helps, if I can do anything more give a shout. I will be glad to help. I hope this isn't just more of the same that you have already heard. Good luck and God Bless!! Carmen DeZarn
SJP
on 1/10/05 11:25 am - Kansas City, MO
In general this is what I eat BREAKFAST Oatmeal w/protein powder mixed in or Cream of Wheat w/protein powder mixed in or Fat Free Yoghurt w/ less then 10gm of sugar LUNCH Soup or Hamburger patty w/cheese or 1 slice of Lunchmeat w/ 1 oz provolone SUPPER Same as above OR 1/3 c. cubed steak with some pinto beans, tomatoes, and shredded cheese SNACKS Beef Jerkey Chedder Fish Cracker (serving size on box) Cottage cheese w/ some pineapple cerlery w/ peanut butter NO CANDY or SWEETS! VERY LIMITED CARBS (pasta, potatoes, rice...etc)
Jean M.
on 1/11/05 12:00 am - Rome, GA
Lynda I can eat just about anything but some foods do cause nausea. I limit the amount I eat and continue to journal/count calories in order to continue to lose. I have lost 182 lbs thus far and need to lose another 20 lbs. I avoid fried foods or high fat - they cause me to be nauseated and feel weak - I also experience irregular heart beats when I eat the wrong things. I stick close to 1500 cals per day. A typical menu: 1 slice of cheese toast (1 piece of bread with 2 oz. reduced fat cheese) Apple or yogurt snack Baked/roasted meat with veggies or salad for lunch. Graham crackers for snack Repeat lunch for dinner. I do not drink any carbonated beverages and try to get at least 64 ozs of water in per day. I eat sugar free candy (I continue to be a chocaholic) for a sweet fix or SlimWhey bars or Pria bars for a treat. I drink hot tea or coffee when I get the munchies. If I screw up one day, I try to get back on the wagon the next day. I can't eat a lot of bread or pasta - fills me up very quickly. Hope that helps!
Lisa J.
on 3/8/05 12:38 pm - Cedar Rapids, IA
I love the lean cusine meals. I have oatmeal for breakfast most days. I am surprised at how much I am able to eat but trying my best not to over do it
sandra_92083
on 3/10/05 8:01 am - Hiram, GA
At 18 months out it seems we all know what we can and cannot eat by now! I usually have the same type of thing for breakfast and lunch everyday Breakfast 1 Bacon, Egg & Cheese Lean Pocket Breakfast Pastry 1 Glass of watered down orange juice Lunch: Frozen Lean Cuisine Meal (I love the turkey with cinnamon apples, meatloaf & mashed potatoes, and chicken alfredo!) Normal Dinner: 1/2 baked chicken breast or porkchop sometimes turkey 1/2 cup noodles, rice or mashed potatoes 1/3 cup canned veggies sometimes with 1 roll or biscuit (no butter) or 2 pieces of frozen pizza sometimes I will have about 1-1 1/2 cups of a skillet sensation or hamburger helper type meal. I usually have a few snacks throughout the day, a handful of roasted peanuts or a granola bar, and usually a hostess cupcake or a handful of chips, or 3-4 cookies after lunch. I know if I layed off the snacking I would probably loose a few more pounds, but I'm holding steady and that's good! I'm trying to add more excercise in to help make up for my sweet tooth! I am 5'8" and am at 160, I've been holding at this weight for over 6 months now, I've managed to loose 2 sizes in that time, but have held at the same weight. Don't beat yourself up too much! It just stresses you out. If you're really worried about your intake, just try to keep journals, and try to keep lists of sample meals and snacks that you should be eating, try to get some excercise in, and remember not to shop when you're hungry!! (I'm SO guilty of doing that!) I hope that helps a little! - Rebekah 280/160/-120lbs
Most Active