Congratulations to the "Class of September 2003" we're 18 months out!

sandra_92083
on 3/9/05 10:39 pm - Hiram, GA
I can't believe it's been a year and a half!! I am so excited to be on the other side and to finally be feeling healthy and NORMAL again!! I have the very rare dumping or getting something stuck, but those are few and far between, I am eating healthier than ever and feel so encouraged to know that I have made the changes I needed to make to get on the right path to be a healthy adult... I have a major weakness for Junk Food though! I have been fighting with myself about this for a long time, I have a stash at work and at home - I don't binge on it by any means, but I have a couple graham crackers in the morning, a handful of Pringles after lunch and a hostess cupcake before I go home! That isn't every day, but I would say at least 2-3 times a week I have a day like that. Plus when I get home I will probably have a handful of honey roasted peanuts or a chewy granola bar (sometimes I try to be good and have a banana or apple), I feel like I am depriving myself of possible additional weight loss. I haven't gained anything in forever, I'm holding steady at 160 (I'm 5' 8", that puts me in a size 8/10), but I'm not really completely happy with my body now either. I know it would be so much better if I could just give up my habit, but I can't figure out how to! Any thoughts, suggestions?? I don't want to beat myself up about this, but I don't want to be a slave to the junk food either, which is how I feel sometimes. It has always been my weakness, I've just scaled back A LOT from what I used to eat. Pre-op I would go buy a whole cheesecake, bag of chips, several candy bars and licorice and eat most of it alone before the night was over, I did the Fast-Food binges too... I can't even remember that me, it's not like I eat a mass quantity of the stuff, but I can't figure out how to kick the habit! I sound like a junkie, I guess I sort of am! That is so depressing!!
Most Active