bloodwork results

christine226
on 3/29/05 8:43 am - Lynn, MA
Hi everyone, I had my 18mo bloodwork done. Does anyone know what RETIC COUNT and RETIC ABSOLUTE are? They came back low. Also, my WBCS,RBCS,HGB,HCT,MCH,MCHC all came back low. I asked nurse if I should be worried and she said no. But I noticed they keep going down at each bloodwork. should I be concerned? Thanks any input would be appreciated Christine -125
Patti D
on 3/31/05 11:07 pm - somewhere out there, NY
Christine, I just had my 18 month bloodwork done and my liver enzymes were elevated. While the PA in my surgeon's office says that's not uncommon for WLS patients, my PCP feels it warrants checking into further. (I always have copies sent to PCP for his records) I have had 2 additonal blood tests since and a sonogram for which I am still awaiting results. You mentioned that these numbers are low but not whether they are considered out of range. If you are concerned about them, why not have another healthcare professional look at them and review them with you? Would be interested in hearing what you learn. Patti
SJP
on 4/2/05 10:10 am - Kansas City, MO
Patti, Milk Thistle will help elevated liver enzymes. I take 2 capsules a day.
on 6/13/05 9:13 am - monroe, MI
what is mikl thistle and hy would you want your liver enzymes to be elevated. My are elevated and I'm worried about ending up with liver disease. please explain. ac
SJP
on 6/13/05 9:41 am - Kansas City, MO
Milk Thistle (protects liver function) will help LOWER elevated liver enzymes. If you are still losing weight they will probably be elevated. You can buy Milk Thistle capsules at any drugstore or online.
SJP
on 4/2/05 10:09 am - Kansas City, MO
Christine, what kind of and how many vitamins do you take?
Most Active