Believing In Your WLS Success!!

jlewisjr
on 4/15/05 10:50 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Hi Everyone: HAPPY FRIDAY AND TAX DAY TO ALL!!! I know you were all wondering where was my weekly post but I was so busy at the office today that I'm just getting the time to post now. As I was lurking this week I had a thought so here it is. We all measure success in different ways. Having WLS in itself is a success because a commitment has been made to change your life for the better. Regaining your health, becomming able to do things that were previously impossible to do because of obesity and learning a new way of life that most people who were never obese do not understand should be considered by all a success. Being a success is a state of mind. Not letting others determine your level of success is vital in you really believing that you are successful as you work toward your goals. Entering my 17th month post-op no one can tell me that I have not been a success. Success comes through working the plan of protein, water, vitamins and exercise. Maintaining those principles is essentail in being a WLS success story. Now that the weather is turinig springlike, promise yourself to rededicate yourself to being successful. If you have slipped a bit, just get back on the wagon. Stay focused and keep moving forward. In the end your success will be achieved. just plan your work and work your plan. Till next time, Jesse 373/190/-183
Lisaann57
on 5/1/05 10:47 am - Garland, TX
Thanks so much for your post. I had my surgery 9/16/2003 and have lost 95 lbs. I have about 20 more to go and am stuck. I also find myself eating more than I should, and not the right things. I am worried that I will get right back in the some old patterns and will not succeed. Congratulations on your success and positive outlook. You are an inspiration. Lisa
Most Active