Recent Posts

xJoellex
on 8/12/10 2:25 pm - Belcourt, ND
Topic: RE: SLEEVEE ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there,

Congrats on the date! My date  is 9/20/10. I'm just really anxious right now. I'm sure that'll change the closer I get to the day though. Ha.

Anyway...good luck! =)

♥ Joelle ♥
SW: 335
CW: 210
GW & Surgeon's GW: 160
airforcewifey
on 8/12/10 1:09 pm
Topic: SLEEVEE ME UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
September 21...here I come
**Everything I say and post is strictly my opinion. I am not intending to be malicious or libel in any way.**

I'm Hopeful    
loveablecee0618
on 8/12/10 8:31 am - Detroit, MI
Topic: RE: Sept 13 Bypass day!
I am happy for you, I have my surgery the same day.
Rides4me
on 8/12/10 8:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Topic: RE: New and just got date !
Mine is on the 13th as well.  My doc gave me samples of Unjury- chicken broth, chocolate and strawberry.  I was told to order two containers.  I plan to mix strawberry with lemonade chrystal light and chocolate with skim milk. 

SW 301/CW 205/GW 150 
gallbladder removal and hernia repair 6/3/2011
Rides4me
on 8/12/10 8:20 am - Atlanta, GA
Topic: Sept 13 Bypass day!
It took forever to put the paperwork together, but only 30 days for insurance to decide. I go in for the pre op appt on the 8th and surgery 5 days later.  So excited, I can hardly contain myself.

SW 301/CW 205/GW 150 
gallbladder removal and hernia repair 6/3/2011
xJoellex
on 8/11/10 4:29 pm - Belcourt, ND
Topic: RE: My Surgery is set for September 24th
Congrats on the dates girls!

Mine is 9/20/10 and I've never been more ready for anything!

Good luck! =)
♥ Joelle ♥
xJoellex
on 8/11/10 4:24 pm - Belcourt, ND
Hi,

First of all, congrats on your surgery date! Mine is 9/20/10 and right now, all I can feel is happy for finally getting a date. It's been a very long journey! =)

I've never had surgery for anything in my life...so I'm pretty sure I'll be nervous the closer I get to my surgery day. My sister had surgery just over a month ago & she's already feeling great, has more energy, is more happy & I just keep telling myself, that I cannot wait for that. I want to be there too. I'm tired of this life of not ever feeling good because of my obesity. I can do this! Honestly, from watching her go through this, I can say that the first week isn't the greatest. I hate to scare anyone...but the first week is usually called "Hell week." Haha. There are times my sister said she even regretted it during the first week. But I keep thinking...what's one week compared to a lifetime of this. You know? Now she says she wouldn't change it for the world & the only thing she regrets now is not getting the surgery done earlier.

Anyway, about the protein...I'm on the same boat here. I cannot tolerate the protein drinks but I drink them anyway because I know I have to. I use strawberry flavored protein & mix it with 100% orange juice. I'm just scared I won't be able to handle the orange juice after surgery so I'm trying to find other ways to use it. I'm sure there are all kinds of recipes here on OH & throughout the internet on other ways to use the protein though.

Good luck! =)
♥ Joelle ♥
xJoellex
on 8/11/10 3:53 pm - Belcourt, ND
Topic: RE: September is my tentative date
Hey all...

Just found out yesterday that my surgery date is September 20! I'm so happy, finally! I honestly can't feel anything else at the moment. I'm sure that'll change the closer I get to my date though. Ha. My sister just had her surgery a little over a month ago & I sorta know what to expect...

Soooo...how is everyone else feeling? 
♥ Joelle ♥
sarieo7
on 8/11/10 12:32 am
Topic: RE: Juarez Sept 14-17 anyone?
I am having surgery (Realize Band) Sept. 13th. Good luck!
Suite1
on 8/9/10 1:13 pm - Dayton, OH
I am having RNY on 9/14/10 at Miami Valley Hospital in Dayton.  My friend mentoring me through the process has said I will second guess the decision until the minute they put me under.

There are times I think I should just try yet another diet & exercise plan.  I set two goals with my nutritionist - to chew more thoroughly and to stop skipping meals.  I added a third, to try not to drink so much during meals with the ultimate goal not drinking at all during.  I lost 10.5 lbs in two weeks without changing anything else.  Then this weekend I had my drunken lush buddies (kidding) in town and we ate & drank all weeked - lots of carbs!  I put on 8.5# over the weekend and remembered this is exactly why I need to have the surgery. 

I want my life back. 
HW:  280  SW:  262.5  CW:  150
  GOAL!!!!   One week shy of my surgiversary!

LBL, TT, BA on 3/2/12 - Dr William Rigano  

Most Active
Recent Topics
WHERE ARE THE SEPT 2010 AT
unknownbeauty · 0 replies · 830 views
2 year surgaversy
Cecelia B. · 3 replies · 1052 views
How is everybody doing?
DeterminedE · 0 replies · 1215 views
Goals met
Valarie R. · 0 replies · 837 views
Happy Surgerversary