Hello Nov 05'ers

Jacqueline B.
on 9/7/07 9:42 am - Somerset, PA
Hello everyone! I have been gone from OH for quite awhile and am trying to get back to being here more often. I know we are all busy with our lives, kids back to school, etc. but I wanted to say Hello and pose a question for all of you. How about taking a few minutes to think about the you pre-op and the new you post op, almost 2 years out. How are you the same, how are you different. Are you still losing or stable? Did you have plastic surgery, are in the porcess or not interested? How much did you lose? How do you feel now? What lifestyle changes have you done/are doing and what works/doesn't work for you. Don't forget to post an update on your profile as well for those who are just in the reading phases. Each of you is an inspiration and a joy, and each of you has a story to tell.. Let's hear some of them!! I will post in a few days with my info... anyone else? I think it is important for us to remember where we started and where we are now. The good and the bad, the things we learned and have yet to learn... topics that you never thought you'd be discussing with strangers on the 'net...lol. Hugs everyone, Jacki K from PA 283/185
Cruise Director Julie
on 9/8/07 7:56 am - Dallas, TX
RNY on 11/15/05 with
I'm the same in how I adore my husband. I may even adore him more now as he's taken such amazing care of me and loved me through the transformation. I'm different in that I'm more insecure now. Most post-ops have the opposite experience, but I realized how much I lied to myself pre-op about my weight, appearance and health and as a result, just don't trust myself at all anymore. My weight is pretty much stable. I've had to cut back my workouts from 4-5x/week to 2x/week to maintain, but I bounce between 130-132. Pretty much, I weigh less than I did in 8th grade. I'm well below my goal weight of 144. I'm having a TT and breast lift on 9/20. I've lost 123 lbs. For the most part, I feel amazing. I've changed everything about my lifestyle when it comes to food and exercise. It's fun that it's had a very positive impact on my husband's health and weight as well. Blessings, Jennifer 253 / 130 (below goal)
sallyj
on 9/10/07 3:56 am - Spokane, WA
I am pretty much the same in terms of personality, confidence, etc. but maybe just a bit more willing to put myself out there. I'm trying to get down another 9 pounds, but am pretty stable with a standard 3-4 pound fluctuation. I have had plastic surgery--and am happy with the results. A breast reduction and arm lift in February, then a tummy tuck in July. But I am fully aware that with even the best plastic surgery, I will never look "normal," especially naked. But things are still much better than what they were. I've lost 234 pounds. I feel great and still occasionally surprise myself by being able to do something that I always assumed I couldn't. Even little things like having more chair than what my rump takes still gets me. Healthwise, I am still good (always was pretty healthy) and the worst complication is constipation. I have tried to make exercise a regular (or at least semi-regular) part of my week as well as making better snaking choices. I still focus on protein as my primary food. I try to be more thoughtful in my choices about both eating and activity. And I'm choosing to do things other than eating when I'm bored. Planning ahead works best for me, whether it is meal plans or activity plans. Snatch and grab eating never seems to be as healthy. What doesn't work is being too restrictive or demanding. Setting too strict a goal just leads to feelings of frustration. Also, I still attend my support group twice a month and that helps with accountablity. Sally
Most Active
Recent Topics
2012 update
H. MC · 0 replies · 786 views
Anybody still here?
MoabMama · 4 replies · 983 views
Four Years and counting
shoop727 · 2 replies · 873 views
Im still here!!
lunawillow · 7 replies · 1004 views