Gaining weight and can't lose, Help!

lamaalkhalifa
on 2/17/11 11:03 am
Hey guys! I need some feedback and some ideas. I have gained back about 30 pounds in the past 3 years and can't seem to get any off. exercise...diets. What has everyone been doing to drop the weight and keep it off?
H. MC
on 5/16/11 11:47 am - Arlington, VA
I have gained back weight as well and was struggling to lose for about 3 years.

Recently a friend told me about Myfitnesspal.com  So far I have lost 20 pounds since Jan.  And I have been keeping it off.

I track what I eat using the food log feature.  I keep my daily food intake to 1200 calories per day.

I do my best not to eat after 6pm. 
I eat my heaviest meals during the day.  At nighttime I have a palm size piece of fish or meat.

I have been kinda of lazy for the last 3 weeks and not working out as much, but I have not gained back the weight I have lost. 

I hope this helps some of you.
Heather MC
237/222/147/125
22 to Go Woo Hoo!!!!!
shannon arnold
on 11/19/11 12:58 pm - Coopers Plains, NY
I too am struggling.  I have gained back 40 give or take my 5 pound monthly fluctuation.  I go up a couple go down a couple go right back up again.  I cannot gain any more weight,  its hurting my body in more ways than one.  My biggest problem is I sit working all day and into the evenings,  have no time for exercise until weekends, and then I am so busy with catching up on all my other stuff, there is no time for me to take care of me.  We eat late at night because that is when I can fix dinner.  Im scared and dont want to go back there ever again,  but its sneaking up on me.
Shannon Arnold 
www.picturetrail.com/javamama14821   password wls

sallyj
on 2/18/11 1:03 am - Spokane, WA
This is a struggle I'm working on right now.  The weight is fighting back tooth and nail!  I'll lose two pounds, regain one; lose that one, regain two; and so forth.  I have increased my exercise and can tell my clothes fit better, and even some things I couldn't wear, I can now.

I don't think there is a "keep it off" solution other than continual vigilance.  Our fat cells are still in there screaming to be full again.  Unless they are cut off or sucked out, they are ours for good.  A regain of 10% of your loss is considered normal, so you may not be able to get all 30 lbs. off.  You have better odds though if you are younger.  Sorry.
Most Active
Recent Topics
2012 update
H. MC · 0 replies · 786 views
Anybody still here?
MoabMama · 4 replies · 983 views
Four Years and counting
shoop727 · 2 replies · 873 views
Im still here!!
lunawillow · 7 replies · 1005 views