Recent Posts

Teresa D.
on 5/8/10 3:30 am - Peachland, NC
Topic: RE: Had GBS Dec 17th anyone else?

Are you drinking protein shakes?  If so what kind?  I use one that I swear by.  Unjury.  It tastes great. 

Teresa D.    
Teresa D.
on 5/8/10 3:27 am - Peachland, NC
Topic: Sharing my day with you guys
I had surgery on December 18, 2009 in Charlotte, NC.  To date (weighted this morning) I have lost 62 pounds.  I have 47 more to go.  I am very happy with myself.  I would love to hear from you on your sucess to if I am somewhat on target.  I am a revision patient, so needless to say I have been down this road before.  But...not going there. 
Teresa D.    
Maura M.
on 4/9/10 5:33 am - Yardley, PA
robertsonranch
on 3/28/10 12:22 pm
Topic: RE: Good Luck to Everyone on the 28th
Down 56 and a half pounds now and slowing down.  Feel great since I went from a size 20 to a 14!  I'll be seeing my mom for the first time since surgery next Monday and I did not tell her yet - hope she is more happy than ticked!  I am hoping to lose at least 10 - 15 pounds in April.  Going for my 3 month check-up in mid-April.  Hope all is going well for everyone!
Maura M.
on 3/21/10 12:26 pm - Yardley, PA
Topic: RE: I don't think I get dumping (how do you know?)
I had surgery on 12/15 - I have had two "episodes" that I think were dumping, but I am not sure either - One of them was after eating out at a restaurant - I had a half of a hamburger and 4 fries (off of my husbands plate) - I wound up having to stay close to the facilities for about an hour - hit me about 1 hour after eating - I think that was from too much fat.  The second time, I think it was from sugar alchohols - I had a protein bar by thinkthin - 9g of sugar alcohols and I didn't think I would make it home - I felt very sick to my stomach within 20 minutes of eating it - again, I had to stay close to the facilities for about and hour.

I haven't tried anything sugary either - I have had things higher in natural sugar, like no sugar added fruit spread (sweetened with fruitjuice) and have been fine..
Maura

robertsonranch
on 2/23/10 8:08 am
Topic: RE: Good Luck to Everyone on the 28th
I'm down 43 pounds and doing great!  Hoping that everyone else is doing well also!
Tango
on 2/7/10 3:49 pm - fresno, CA
I'm ok but still havin issues with daily protein but I keep tryin thanks 4 askin and info. thanks Tango
lisastoybx
on 2/6/10 9:39 am

Are you doing anybetter this week? I found a website with recipes and protein drinks etc.  Bariatric eating.com you might want to check it out

Tango
on 1/28/10 8:06 am - fresno, CA
Thanks 4 the info I will go on line 4 more info about your protein
lisastoybx
on 1/28/10 8:03 am
also I use instant sf pudding in them to make them a little thicker.
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 902 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 910 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1111 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1038 views