Seeking patients of Dr. Hilario Juarez

enlarged_marge
on 2/16/11 12:16 pm - AZ
Hello Arizona! I was wondering if anyone in here has had an RNY (or any other surgery) with Dr. Hilario Juarez. I would be keen on hearing about how you fared with it, and if you had it revised or reversed. Do you guys know of anyone who has had sucessful revisions with any of the other surgeons in Arizona? I have not found many that do revisions. 
StillHopefulinAZ
on 2/19/11 8:49 am

Dr Juarez did my lap band removal and my RNY.  I had to have 2 seperate surgeries, but all went well.  I am 10 weeks out from RNY.  I had my lapband done in Mexico and no other surgeon would even talk to me.  He was great about it.  Feel free to ask me any other questions.  I am not a big fan of the Bridges program so far but other than that all was good. 

Banded 10/05/07 Dr Lopez Corvala Tijuana Mexico
Lapband removal 10/07/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ
RNY 12/13/10 Dr Juarez Phoenix, AZ

moving-on
on 2/19/11 11:44 am - Rimrock, AZ
Dr Juarez did my RNY and I have had great results. I dont think Dr Juarez is not very informational that is for sure. He doesnt talk much nor does he offer anything unless you ask the questions. I have to agree with the previous poster about the Bridges program and their nutritionist. Pretty poor help and not very knowledgeable. I was amazed at the lack of knowledge of diabetes and the discrepancy between surgeon and diet manual.
But the OH community is very helpful and very informational where Bridges lacks.
Moving on to better health        
Lady Lithia
on 2/19/11 1:24 pm
I had surgery 3 years ago next month.

I began investigating WLS at 350 lbs.

had surgery at 293 lbs

Made goal temporarily at 20 months postop, and at 29 months postop I hit goal. I'm still losing one or two pounds a month (below goal and losing). Down 204 from maximum, 147 from surgery.

I know he does revisions. I don't know how often he does them.

I have to say that his surgical skill, and the response of his office in any sort of emergency was always topnotch

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

Lisa Moody
on 4/6/11 12:16 am - Chino Valley, AZ
DS on 06/05/12
I had my RNY done on 9/27/02 with Dr. Juarez and lost 155 pounds. I felt that at the time he needed to step up his ability to spend more than 10 minutes in the office for a consultation, but then again, I think he expects us to have researched a bit on this already. He ended up being great, even in the hospital when the hospital (St. Luke's) was really horrible! Since I gained some weight back from poor eating habits now, I had go through behavioral therapy first, and I had a stretched stoma, but he is going to be doing a revision for me soon. I just have to get through Bridgeway's (AHCCCS) list of criteria, which I am almost done.

=^^=~    Lisa

100togo4me
on 5/7/11 1:32 pm
I have nothing but terrible things to say about Dr. Juarez, but was happy with him until my first post-op. Now I'm just confused.
Is there one massive WLS conglomerate?
http://www.nvoscaz.com/index.html
REININGCHICK
on 2/28/11 7:00 am - AZ
he did my sugery 08/24/09 ive lost 120lbs no were near my goal weight.
loved his office, he was great, very dry sense of humor but i liked him.

my boyfriend referes to him as the gastricbypass whisper lol, kinda like the dog whisper LOL.

Most Active