Recent Posts

tonyadams
on 11/28/23 8:37 pm
Topic: RE: Ate solid food after duodenal switch

Instead of eating three large meals, you should try eating smaller portions throughout the day to reduce the burden on your digestive system.

fnf

tonyadams
on 11/28/23 8:33 pm
Topic: RE: How can I gain weight?

You can aim to consume more calories than you're currently burning which will provide your body with the energy it needs to build new muscle tissue. pokedoku

Mamacannon
on 11/14/23 8:27 am
DS on 06/25/17
mike_ms
on 11/13/23 11:09 pm
Topic: RE: Revision to DS

Weight loss journeys can be tough, right? I haven't had a RnY to DS revision myself, but I've heard it can be a bit slower. Keep up your healthy habits, and consult a surgeon for advice on your specific situation. Don't be too discouraged by the scale - it can be tricky.

read this FREE EBOOK about carb cycling and it helped me lose weight.

mike_ms
on 11/13/23 11:08 pm
Topic: RE: Ate solid food after duodenal switch

It's possible that the eggs and chicken might have caused some discomfort if your body wasn't fully ready for them after surgery. I'd suggest sticking to a soft and easily digestible diet for a while and see if things improve.

mike_ms
on 11/13/23 11:07 pm
Topic: RE: Malabsorption question

I've never heard of fat taking away other nutrients. Protein and fat are absorbed differently. Try leaner protein sources if you're low on protein. Talk to a dietitian for personalized advice.

mike_ms
on 11/13/23 11:06 pm
Topic: RE: I need help

I haven't had weight loss surgery myself, but I've known a few folks who did. They all said it's been a game-changer for them. They lost a lot of weight and felt so much better physically. But it's important to remember that surgery is just one part of the journey.

mike_ms
on 11/13/23 11:06 pm
Topic: RE: How can I gain weight?

Gaining weight in a healthy way can be tricky, but it's great that you're focused on muscle mass. I'd recommend working with a nutritionist or a dietitian who specializes in post-DS surgery nutrition. They can create a plan tailored to your needs.

Bobbi679
on 11/7/23 5:27 am - Ballwin, MO
Topic: RE: Dr. John Husted

I sent you an email ! Thank you so much for doing this! I really appreciate it.

Bobbi

jatbug
on 10/25/23 7:53 pm
Topic: RE: Dr. John Husted

I still have my book.. just give me a day or two to get where I can get it out and I will send you the info. Email me at [email protected] and I will get the vitamin list and recommended labs info together and email it to you. :)

Most Active
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 15 views
Recent Topics
Old timer dropping by! (2006)
maryc543 · 1 replies · 15 views
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1092 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1268 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 5 replies · 519 views