Saturday Roll call

birder I.
on 12/21/12 10:42 pm - Rockford, IL

Good morning!

Hope everyone is wrapping up their preparations for Christmas since the world didn't end. Anything you put off "because" needs to be done. LOL!

Knitting today and spending some time with friends.We had dinner at Social last night and struck up a nice conversation with some folks from Freeport. That's one of the things we like about Social--people talk to one another.

Quite cold today--stay warm!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Lisa Tucker
on 12/21/12 11:13 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good morning,

I am all done except for cleaning the kitchen and bath. Today I am getting the dishes and stuff out and deciding what is going where.  Otherwise, it will be a lazy day.

We went to Starved Rock last night for a quick meal, then out on the trolly for a 2 hour ride looking at lights. It was nice, but I won't go again.

Hugs,

LISA

crystal M.
on 12/21/12 11:54 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Yesterday I literally shopped till I dropped.  I went to every clothes store I could think of at the mall and outside the mall.  I realized I didn't have any pants that fit me but jeans.  So I have to buy some pants and I decided to buy a whole nice Christmas outfit...but my picky self couldn't find one thing I liked..Not ONE!!!  And I went to every store in the mall (except mens, plus size, and kids).  I shopped from 3pm and didn't get home till 11:30!!!  I am going again today...I think I was being overly picky...there has to be something out there???

So today I am working out shortly, and shopping of course.  Of course I am a glutton for punishiment...I offered to help payroll today, so I will go into work today for some overtime.  Because I will be busy with baking tomorrow I am going to do the laundry today...ya I know that is unlike me.  I am also going to go work out an hour early too.  Just to keep weirdo stalker on his toes. 

Connie- funny thing is I don't talk much on my phone either.  I do a lot of texting.  It's just a more efficient way of communicating.  Especially if it's just confirming something or letting someone know something.  You can just let them know and end it.  And with the iPhone...I can talk my texts...while I drive..I don't have to type!!! 

Sharon- there's an app for lost phones...you can find your phone as long as it's turned on.  They have apps for everything!!!  Hahahaha!!!

So I have to get going I have some working out to do....stay warm...see ya later...bye

Phatchick
on 12/22/12 12:07 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Have you tried Carson's? I went to the one in Orland and there was so much to choose from. I wanted an outfit as well and they have a coupon on line. Spend $100.00 and get $50.00 off or get 25% off. All their stuff is already way marked down. I got a $220.00 Ralph Lauren Sweater for $36.00. I got a new bathing suit for $19.00. It was originally priced $119.00. The sale is good. But you have to rummage thru the sale racks.

http://f.shopbonton.com/i/20/2084340454/1609nw.pdf

Happy Shopping!

Sharon

crystal M.
on 12/22/12 2:35 am - Joliet, IL

I was in Carson's but after awhile I was just rushing through.  And I was being really picky.  I think I need to be more open...the problem is everything seems so picked over...like I'm getting left overs.  I'm not used to shopping so late in the season...great deals but not much to choose from.  I usually have everything done by now.  Most people would find this fun...going out buying a new outfit in a smaller size...but of course I am making it a chore!!!  I am not much a of a shopper.  I don't like looking around or browsing, window shopping.  I like to go in get what i want and leave.  My daughter hated shopping with me.  She said I would rush her.  I need to just slow down and breathe and take my time and look around.  I will try to act like a woman today and "shop".  Instead of bulldozing my way through the stores...hahahaha!!!  That's what daughter always said I do....She says I am a heat seeking missle...I head for what I want, get it and leave...yep...that's me!!! 

I swear I am in need of lessons on how to act like a woman...sometimes I feel like I act more like a man???

Phatchick
on 12/22/12 4:35 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

i HATE shopping like you. I find it bothersome, time waster and boring. BUT, I love to online shop. I have found a few websites that I go to for my wardrobe. I also am registered with them so I get all their coupons. Have you thought about trying that? I know jeans are hard to buy, but as you get used to your new body and know what you like and dont like it will be easier to shop online.

And, Chick, it is 3 days before Christmas, everything is picked over...TEHETEHETEHETEHETEHETEHE

Phatchick
on 12/22/12 12:16 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Connie, Lisa and Crystal, and Everyone,

I delivered my Angel tree gifts yesterday. That was so fun!

We have a Christmas/Graduation party today. Our niece is graduating from culinary school and it will be a hoot. I am making a ham to take and the house smells divine.

Spent some time with my friend who lost her husband last summer. She is so blue. It makes me realize how blessed I am to have a good husband/mate.

My son is stuck at the airport in New York due to some issue. I am hoping he makes it home to California safe and soon. I spoke to his moms on FB and they are so excited to have their 6'4, 235lb baby home again for the holidays. LOL I'm just glad we had him for Thanksgiving.

Have a great day everybody. Baby it's cold outside!

Sharon

ChristineB
on 12/22/12 2:29 am - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL

I slept in this morning and actually woke up to an alarm for me to get ready for the appt for blood work. We went for that and then to the bank to transfer $$ into our Roth's (well my $$ into Dave's because he technically is unemployed and I can make the contribution). I came home and spruced up the kitchen a bit and now I am going to "laz" around and read. I also think a nap is in the works for me as this cold it getting to me.

We will need to go out to Michael's and Barnes and Noble tomorrow for some last minute things. I have a small list for the grocery store so I can take a taco spread to my brother's on Christmas Day.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Karen R.
on 12/22/12 3:30 am

I am just puttering around the house. I have a few things tomorrow to pick up at Kroger. My grand kids like lemon gum and that's the only place that has it. Stocking filler!   Other then that nothing special to add here. Except, have a super fun exciting day!

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5350 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5378 views
Thursday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5414 views