Wednesday Roll Call

Lisa Tucker
on 1/22/13 7:38 pm - Streator, IL
Revision on 04/19/13

Good Morning Illinois,

It is again Wednesday. 1/2 way through the week. We only have 1 full week plus 1 day until January is over.

Yesterday was a slow day at work. I think people decided it was easier to stay home then venture out in the cold. I know I wanted to make a stop after work, but decided to stay warm in my car, then turn it off and get out. I think today is suppose to be a bit warmer,

What are you doing to stay warm?

Hugs,

LISA

randy777
on 1/22/13 7:54 pm - Schaumburg, IL

Had a good day going through the lectures and doing the exercises for the first four chapters of the Python for Infomatics course at University of Michigan.  Learned some things about control in functions and nailed down a way that I think will remind me that % is for remainder and // is for modulo.

Food pantry and then home and likely the Rice Course and Asteroids though I may look for a better way to close down PONG.

http://www.codeskulptor.org/#user8-paYp6vO6lS-21.py

Mostly staying in and staying warm though I did have to bundle up and make a quick run to Walgreens yesterday.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

crystal M.
on 1/22/13 8:35 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I was so cold yesterday.  I just can't stay warm anymore.  After all of this weight loss I guess no amount of layers is going to replace all of that fat!!!  I had on 3 layers and was still sitting at work with my teeth chattering.  My coworkers couldn't believe how cold my hands were.  I came home and was cold here too.  I think being cold all of the time is taking it's toll on me and I skipped the gym.  I just couldn't make myself go back out in that freezing cold.  So I stayed home and ate my dinner (a chicken and potato soup crockpot dinner I made up) and cuddled under my blanket.  On the bright side being cold does burn more calories.  Your body has to work harder to keep itself warm.  So as I sit here I am burning extra calories. 

I am seriously going to look to see about buying a heater for my apartment.  I can't plug one in at work because it trips the circuit breaker.  Which really sucks.  

Today is just work and working out.  Not much else.  I don't want to do much else.  How about you guys???

Have a good day all...stay warm...bye 

birder I.
on 1/22/13 8:44 pm - Rockford, IL

Good morning Illinoisans!

Out to breakfast and then to knitting. This afternoon we will start packing. We are getting excited to see our friends on the upcoming cruise. I'm guessing we'll know about a hundred, but it could be more because this is the 40th anny of the company.

I cleaned out my yarn yesterday and reorganized it. I really never need to buy any more but of course I will, because there will be something new and lovely!

Have a good day.

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Phatchick
on 1/22/13 9:21 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Chili today....hot tamale tomorrow???? I guess no hot tamale anytime soon except for  Kay and Connie.

I am still 65 lbs until I reach goal and I freeze as well. I guess it is just one of those things we have to learn to live with. I HATE IT. But I also recall having very embarrassing sweat running down my face and neck all the time when i was fat. It was so embarrassing. I thought it was peri-menopause. Now I know it was just my thermal fat suit. 

Crystal, have you thought about sipping hot tea at work? That always heats me up, especially the cinnamon apple. I know it sounds weird, but what about wearing a hat at your desk?  HAHAHAHA. I wear one to bed, and I am not kidding. If I dont wear the wool hat to bed, I freeze and get a headache. My hubby thinks it's hysterical. I wear one that my mom knitted. It makes me feel closer to her. I also sleep on her pillow. I miss her so much.

Yesterday was a bust for me exercise wise as well. I stayed home and cleaned and cooked. I put a pot roast in the oven to warm up the joint. Today I am going to try and motivate myself and get to the gym in the early afternoon. 

Have a great day everybody!

Hugs,

Sharon

crystal M.
on 1/22/13 9:37 pm - Joliet, IL

Sharon-  I really hate my drinks hot (prefer them cold like iced tea)...but I am about to give in.  As far as a hat goes.  I think I would go nuts wit a knit hat on all day.  Baseball cap would be fine but winter hats make me itch.  I wear them outside...but to wear it all day...no way.  Maybe it's the long hair???  Actually in bed is the only time I am warm and cozy and actually have a fan going.  I go to bed with my fleece jammies (they're actually men's PJ's but they are nice and warm so who cares) and socks.  Then I have 2 blankets.  The fan is on for air cirulation...have to have the air moving.  But I'm always cozy. 

Nancy G.
on 1/22/13 10:10 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Fellow Icicles!

Yes, it is cold out there and no I dont like going out there either.  My work place is cold as well.   Oops did I really say that after complaining about always being hot???  It is hard to cool a big open space building.  The heat and AC do not get applied evenly.  Our cafeteria is a chill zone.  You dont want to linger long.

Yesterday I tried to warm myself up the hard way.  My money would not go through the vending machine so I went back to my desk and grabbed a can of stew.  After I heated it up I went to take it out of the microwave,  It was on a paper plate to catch any spill over.  Well, the plate flipped and the hot stew went all over me!  I got scalded and spent the afternoon in wet clothes.  Sigh.

I am making plans to escape the cold.  Last night I started checking air fare flights to Florida.  Well, I came up with some good pricing -- $161.00 round trip so I am going to call my sister and see if she would like some company the first weekend of February.  Hopefully her guest room is not booked. 

Crystal, many of our employees wear hats and gloves at work.  No one laughs at them.  They are just cold.  Also I too recommend hot beverages.  I brought diet hot chocolate to work in a huge mug.  I sipped it all morning and it really warmed me up after the cold outdoors. 

Lisa, I love it when everyone stays at home instead of coming out to play or complain.

Connie, I hope you have a wonderful time on your cruise!

Sharon, enjoy your day.  It was too cold to go exercise yesterday so you are forgiven.

Randy, stay warm while at the food pantry.

Everyone have a great day!

Cat Lady

berts4
on 1/23/13 2:42 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

I am working today as always.  It is a whopping 16° here and snow is falling.  No ground cover yet, but we might get up to an inch.

I was always FREEZING after the initial weight loss but not so much this year.  I think it is the hot flashes.  I still wear the Under Armour pants, but have only worn the top once and it made me too hot.  I now have on Under Armour pants, jeans a turtlenech and a fleece top.  I am quite comfortable.  I wonder how long the hot flashes will last?

I worked the airport on Monday night and trained a new volunteer.  I also helped a family with what appeared to be a stroke victim and felt really good about turning down the money she offered.  I also told the customer service manager that I would LOVE a paid job there if any become available.

Not much happening with us this week.  Cleaning a bit and looking forward to next weekend.

Connie and Kay-----have a wonderful time on this cruise!

Everyone have a splendid day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1075 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5603 views
Tuesday Roll Call