Thursday Roll Call

Nancy G.
on 7/17/13 11:26 pm - La Salle, IL

Good Morning Illinois!

Time to wake up and cool off!

Your mission for today is to keep cool and drink lots of fluids.  If this message sounds familiar  then you are over the hill.   

Yesterday was another bad day for me.  I had a mid year review at work and it was the worst review I have ever had.  Of course now the focus is on time and call monitoring and those are the areas that I am still working on.  If it had been done yesterday the results would be much better but over the past 6 months my goals were not being met.  blush  I went  from walking on water to needs improvement in one swoop.  cool

Fluffer finally made it to the vets yesterday.  Of course he was not too happy to go.  He needed to.  He has a uti infection.  He is not peeing.  He had to be hospitalized for them to get a urine sample.  $250 later he his home and complaining.  He goes back in 2 weeks to see if the infection is cleared up.  They are also culturing the sample taken. 

So that was my exciting and eventful day yesterday. 

What is everyone up to today?   Have a great day! 

Cat Lady

randy777
on 7/17/13 11:46 pm - Schaumburg, IL

I think I will try to do nothing today.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Kim M.
on 7/18/13 12:06 am - Poplar Grove, IL
Good morning,

Yesterday Maddie and I decided to go to Woodfield to do a little school shopping. She had a blast, and of coarse mommy had a good time because I saw the smiles on her face! I started to get a headache there, and by the time we were driving home, it was a full blown migraine. So I was pretty much out of commission the rest of the evening. Today we are volunteering at the food pantry and I'm gonna go to lunch with my neighbor ladies. They are all retired and I love them all! It's amazing how we all look out for each other! That's about it for us. Tonight we do have to hit Mc Sports to try on cheer shoes and then maybe go to Target for school supplies. Stay cool ! Have a fabulous day IL!

Kim

crystal M.
on 7/18/13 3:15 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

Well I had a much better day yesterday.  No  nasty notes on my desk and no commando drivers on the wrong side of the road!!!  In fact it was pretty good.  I worked some overtime...got off work and went grocery shopping.  I went to my new favorite place for organic fruit (mainly because it's so close by).  Then I went to Walmart and Walgreens.  Then I went home worked out and started dinner.  Now I had a not so low calorie dinner but it was very delicious.  I made homemade pizza rolls.  They were yummy in my tummy.  I ate 2 and I was stuffed...Chris ate 6.  He kept remarking how good they were.  They really were good.  And I was thinking I could put anything in them...so they can be Mexican rolls or breakfast rolls, or veggie rolls...you get the picture.   

I was didn't get to bed till after 1 am and I was up at 5.  I am working more overtime...of course.  Then After work I have to go to Walmart again.  Yes again.  I live by two Walmarts....and the one I went to yesterday doesn't have my almonds that I get.  I also forgot to buy butter.  So I need to go again, but this time it will be for just a few things.  Then home...I have laundry to do, workout, and make dinner.  That's it for me.   

Chris introduced me to this TV show on Discovery (but the people on the show are English) called An Idiot Abroad.  Oh it is so funny.  He has the first 2 seasons on his hard drive and I am downloading them and sending them to Amanda.  I think she would really like this show.  The creator is Rick Gervas. 

http://science.discovery.com/tv-shows/an-idiot-abroad

Have a good day all...bye

Phatchick
on 7/18/13 7:18 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi IL Friends,

I decided to take a page from Randy and also did nothing today. I worked out Tuesday and Wednesday in the water, but my knee was in bad shape both days after working out, so I took today off. I also just could not bear going out in this heat since I didnt have to. I am glad I decided to stay in.

Nancy, I am so sorry you have to put up with so much un-appreciation (is that a word) at work. You sound like you take a lot of pride in what you do and the job is being ridiculous.

Crystal, there is nothing worse than a rude co-worker. I am so sorry you had to deal with this. I think it is good you nipped it ion the bud. I also hate when someone is phony and backstabs. Not cool.

I babysat the grand-babies last night. it was so awesome. I think spending time with them is my favorite thing in the whole world.

I got my results back from the bone density test; normal........all my girlfriends who have had this test tell me theirs was abnormal and they have to take meds. I guess having WLS did not effect that. YES!!!!!

Lisa, enjoy that pool. It sounds divine. I love the water.

I hope Connie and Kay are enjoying their exciting trip across the Pond.

Blessings to all my IL Friends.

Hugs,

Sharon

LisaTucker
on 7/18/13 9:29 am - IL

Happy Evening,

This is a quickie, I have been really busy with work, and when I get home, I am tired and want to relax. I know, nothing satisfies us.

Crystal and Nancy, I know you are both good workers, so screw all the people who want to bring you down!

Kim, did you see the crayon art on FB?

Randy, you and Sharon were both smart to stay in today.

I am hoping to get home early tomorrow to get in the pool.  Tonight we are going to see Legally Blond, the Musical.

Have a great night,

Hugs,

Lisa

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1061 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5588 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5332 views
Sunday Roll Call