Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 7/19/13 9:13 pm - IL

Good Morning Illinois,

Do you think this heat wave is over? According to Channel  2 last night, the air should be cleaner today, and in the mid 80s. I finally got into the pool last evening. The water is finally to my liking.

Today is clean up the house day. I don't do anything during the week, so Saturdays it is. When I was younger, I would work all day, then spend an hour or so on the house, plus make a big dinner. Not anymore. This body gets tired!

What is everyone doing for excitment this weekend?

Have a great day.

Hugs

Lisa

carlak
on 7/19/13 9:27 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hi Lisa.

I am on my way back to Florida soon!!i am leaving the asphalt jungle!!!!! ill be back in less than three weeks to play mom again! 

I call Chucago the asphalt jungle!

I had a crazy week! I landed up in the Er on Tuesday to get antibiotics for an infection on my thigh. I had to have an IV.  My imune system is shot soni have to have ivs instead of oral. They did put me on oral and it seems to be working!

Thats my story and im sticking tomit!

CarlabThe almost new Grandma!

image hosting site

randy777
on 7/19/13 10:16 pm - Schaumburg, IL

Sorry to hear that you had the er trip.  I hope it was not OLR.  You and the queen of England are sharing a period of anticipation.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

LisaTucker
on 7/19/13 10:56 pm - IL

Carla,  You will love being a Grandma. I know I do as well as others. I to am sorry you ended up in the ER. Now that you are heading home, I hope you recoup nicely. Have a safe trip back.

LISA

crystal M.
on 7/19/13 11:45 pm - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I ended up staying a little late at work, because we got a huge payment.  It needs to done before Monday morning.  Then I went to Target and picked up a few things then I went to Chipotle.  They gave me a free certificate for a meal. Then I came home I did some laundry (but had to wait in line for the dryer so I didn't get it done for a couple of hours).  I also made a chocolate chip cookie pie.  I have to make this for Sunday but will have no time today. 

Today I am going to a Traditional Indian wedding (I was told the ceremony is 3 hours long...OMG!!!  ugh!!!).  I have to get all gussied up and go out.  It's Chris's friend that is getting married.  So I am getting my hair done.  Then coming home and getting this dress on that I bought at Macys.  Ugh!!!  I hate wearing dresses.  They just aren't me.  I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!  Ok I'm done complaining. 

Well I gotta get going see ya later gators...bye

Phatchick
on 7/20/13 3:24 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hiya

Happy Saturday!

It is a lovely lazy Saturday. I am just doing things around here and occasionally sending out a resume. I am on so many job search sites that it takes a while to hit them all.

I have not been outside but I heard it's nice......great day for a wedding Crystal.

I am hoping we go take a drive later to Gene and Judes. I am saving my calories for that possibility.

Started on Effexor yesterday. Anybody ever on it? This is my 3rd try at something that helps with mood elevation/motivation. So far the ones that I have tried either gave me bad hot flashes and/or moments of hostility. I want something that will not change my personality and not make me numb. You'd think with all the pills out there, something would work. This may be my last stab at this. The therapy has been nice. I enjoy that. Maybe that will just have to be it, if I cannot find the right chemical.

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

crystal M.
on 7/20/13 10:18 pm - Joliet, IL

Sharon-  Actually my daughter was on it for a couple of years for anxiety problems.  I believe she was on it for 2 or 3 years and then slowly weaned herself off the meds.  During the times she was on the meds she found ways to deal with her stress and anxiety.  Like running, and meditation, and just plain taking a nap if she could.  But as an outsider...I saw no changes in her personality.  Other than she seemed more at ease...and didn't let things like tests and recitals get her so wound up.  Before her meds the day of a concert she would start throwing up...especially if she had a solo.  After her meds she was nervous but she wasn't throwing up.   

See Amanda was such a perfectionist as far as her grades (she was a straight A student and she was in honors classes and AP courses in high school) and her music was very important.  She played the oboe and bassoon and she was in 2 bands and marching band and NIU orchestra while in high school.  She put so much pressure on herself to succeed that she was making herself sick.  I took her into the doctor.  I mean the girl was throwing up and not sleeping!!!  She seemed a more at ease after she was accepted to U of I...she was sooo sure no college would want her (don't ask me she thought that the girl had a 4.2 GPA...ya more than a 4.0).  And when I would tell her how smart and beautiful and wonderful she was...she would just say "of course you think that you're my mom!!!"  lol.

But anyway...this medicine helped Amanda and I didn't see any issues with her personality.  She never told me about any weird feelings...she would have told too.  She wouldn't have liked that.  I will tell you thought...you can't take it and just stop taking.  Amanda let her RX run out while away at college and she said after 2 days she got sick.  So if you want to stop taking it you have to step down slowly.  Which Amanda did over a period of about 4 months.  And she was fine. 

Phatchick
on 7/21/13 3:58 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Thanks for the info Crystal.......Yep the psych doc told me I would have to go slowly up on the dosage and then slowly wean off it.......we will see.  Thanks again dear one. Sharon

Kim M.
on 7/20/13 11:44 am - Poplar Grove, IL
Good evening Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

Yesterday I had my niece and nephews over and they spent the night. Talk about fun, but talk about exhausted! Today Maddie and I did some errands and went to the mall to get her some bras and a back pack for school. What a combo, ha! My little girl is growing up
She starts middle school this year. Where oh where does the time go?
Lisa, your pool sounds so refreshing!
Carla, I'm glad you are feeling a little better and am sorry you had to foot the ER.
Crystal, I bet you will look like a rock star in the dress. Everyone needs to dress up every once in awhile.
Sharon, I have been on Effexor XR. I did really well with it. Until my doctor accidentally prescribed Effexor. I got really sick from it. I have since been off all my meds for about 4 years and sometimes think I need to go back on them. Effexor made me feel sick to my stomach and really jittery. Good luck with it!
I hope everyone had or is having a great day!

Kim

Phatchick
on 7/21/13 3:59 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Thanks for the info Kim!  Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call