Tuesday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 8/6/13 12:31 am - IL

Good Morning,

It is a bit foggy and damp this morning, It  is giing me the feeling of fall.

We had a good time in Bloomington last night. We didn't get home until 10, so Hubert was a bit tired this morning.

Nothing happening today, except a bunch of little things. No major projects.

Randy, you will overcome your problems, we are all behind you. Dawn, you know we all support you also. Hopefully next summer we can all celebrate both of your new lives.

Kim. where are you? Janet too.

Sharon, One of the reasons I stay with the job I have, is because they hire older workers.

Nancy, your weekend sounds like you had fun.

Connie, we will be waiting for Kay to let us know how you are.

Jonna, I hope we were able to help you yesterday.

Hugs,

Lisa

birder I.
on 8/6/13 12:51 am - Rockford, IL

Good morning friends,

I had to do a 6 mo supervised diet before my surgery too. I didn't lose much, but it was good to have a long period of no pop and to cut back on sugar and caffeine so when I stopped it,  I didn't have withdrawal. Many docs have a no nicotine rule and do test the day before surgery. I've never smoked but I imagine the 6 mo helps with that too.

I had an amusing visit with the doc yesterday. He really has a sense of humor. I trust him implicitly.I'm ready to get all this done. I will be on the floor where I was before, where I know many of the nurses, so that will be fun to see them.

I have a few errands to run and a haircut, so I'd better get going.

I appreciate all your support!

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Kim M.
on 8/6/13 1:04 am - Poplar Grove, IL
Will be thinking of you tomorrow! Hope you have a speedy recovery!!

crystal M.
on 8/6/13 10:22 am - Joliet, IL

I will be sending you lots of healing vibes.  See you back on the board in a few days.

Kim M.
on 8/6/13 1:01 am - Poplar Grove, IL
Good morning!

Still in the recliner! I woke up at 5 am and was just miserable! Today I'm in so much pain!! My incision feels like its on fire. I don't know if I should ask my doctor for a muscle relaxer. My back is just killing me because I can't walk upright yet. Even sitting in the recliner, my back is aching and tight feeling. Today my neighbor is going to drive Maddie and I to go and pick up her school schedule. She starts middle school this year. I'm just hoping there is not a long line because I can't more than 2 min. Everyone take care! Try and stay cool today. Today and tomorrow is supposed to be steamy!

Kim

Phatchick
on 8/6/13 4:53 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Feel better!!!!!!!!

Sharon

berts4
on 8/6/13 4:40 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

2nd day of unemployment and I watched a movie that I haven't had time for and am now cleaning and rearranging the kitchen cabinets.  I have a LOT of glasses!  They are spread out over 3 cabinets!  Time to weed!

Tami, my Brazilian girl left for home this morning.  She is going to try to take some fresh corn home to her family.  I told her it should be ok in her checked luggage.  Now......back to just us in the house.

I applied for unemployment yesterday and sent a couple of resumes this morning.  Things will be good.

I am thinking of Connie tomorrow and until we hear that is she on the mend.

Everyone have a lovely day!

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

Phatchick
on 8/6/13 4:52 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Can it already be 1:45p??????

I have been on the computer all day job hunting. I sent out a slew of resumes. I am going to have to detach my big butt  from this chair and go start dinner. My gosh, I havent even done the coffee cups yetTime sure flies when you are typing away.....

It came down in buckets this morning but now the sky is blue and i need to at least stick my nose out there and see what the heck the day is like. I am roasting a chicken for dinner with baked taters. Easy and delish.

My plan was to go to the gym mid-day but that never happened. It is official...if i dont go first thing in the morning it is hard to go....Ugh!

Enjoy this day......extra prayers for Connie!

Sharon

crystal M.
on 8/6/13 10:20 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I just finished dinner.  And now I am trying to make myself workout.  See Sharon I'm kind of like you except its after work.  If I don't drop everything and workout as soon as I get home...I get lazier and lazier. Ugh!!!!  I also changed up my routine.  I read several articles that said that people are ding wayyy too much cardio and not enough weight training.  That the key to weight loss is weight training...not cardio!!!  So now I do 45 minutes of weight training and and 20 minutes of cardio (I like this more).  I also walk at lunch or run the stairs...depending on the weather.  But I am thinking if I stick to this routine long term I will need a circuit...I might need to join a gym after all.  I shall see. 

I'm also really struggling with cheating at work.  I am noticing that it is getting harder and harder to resist all of that candy.  When I do cave...I try to grab the better stuff.  Like plain dark chocolate over the Snickers...not that is SO MUCH better but I did read dark chocolate is good in small quantities.  One day last week I went whole hog and I really did just eat wayyy too much.  I mean a lot.  I had those mini candy bars...and I just ate one after another after another and I didn't stop all afternoon.  I felt bad afterward but I thought I am not going to beat myself up over this.  This is something I have to take one day at a time.  Everyday I walk in and think today I will be good...I will not eat any junk.  Most days I do well...but you know how it goes.

Now those on Facebook I'm sure read my story about my coworker.  It's completely true.  Her cat attacked her and bit her face.  I guess over the course of a few hours her face just blew up.  I saw her come in to work with a bandaid and a swollen face...and I thought she was in car accident.  By the time she went to the doctor saw her it was going down her neck (the redness and swelling).  The doctor told her to go straight to the ER.  She went to the ER and they saw her right away and admitted her.  She's been on IV antibiotics for 2 days now.  And her face still looks red and swollen and I guess it's hard too.  My god...all from a cat bite.  I didn't know this but I guess cat's mouths are very dirty and full of bacteria.  Of course she is so upset about her kitty...because she is getting old and she feels maybe something might be wrong with him.  So she is taking him to the vet.  I don't know I think I would ask the doc if there is some kind of anxiety drugs I could give him.  Because this isn't the first time he has attacked her.  I mean it is a new  thing but it's happened twice in a short period of time.  Do my kitty owners have any suggestions??? 

Well I better get going...see ya later.  Bye

randy777
on 8/6/13 1:40 pm - Schaumburg, IL

I had a coworker who had her face blow up like twice it's normal size and was in the hospital at least 3 days.  She said her cat batted her nose and got a claw hung in her.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5376 views