Thursday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 8/8/13 1:17 am - IL

Happy Thursday,

Kay said on Facebook last night that Connie did fine, and was sleeping well.

Ricotta cheese with a squirt of white chocolate sf syrup, topped with banannas and a few pieces of walnut is my choice for breakfast this morning.

I have a few errands to run later this morning. Then come home and get ready to see Dr. Sauri and Dr. Guskie tomorrow. I am not sure how much Iwill be around the next 5 days, since we are going to St. Louis on Sat, then to Debuque, Iowa on Monday. Hubert wants to go to the dog track. We will be home late Tuesday, I think.

How is everyone doing?

Hugs,

Lisa

berts4
on 8/8/13 4:25 am - Rock City, IL

Good afternoon Lisa and the rest of Illinois!

I have been busy cleaning and straightening my house.  I got the kitchen done yesterday and am starting to work on the back porch, back landing and dining room.  I also need to sweep the front porch and water plants.

I have sent out a few resumes, but really want to get my house in order.  Working full time so far from home left me almost no time to keep things up.  Not that my house is a sty, just hasn't been deep cleaned in a while.

I heard from my Father-in-Law regarding severance.  He stated 8 weeks but the amount he stated is 8 pay periods.  I told him that I would agree to the 8 pay periods.  I haven't heard back.  Either way, it it WAY less than I deserve.  My only other choice would be to sue.

I seem to have lost my FiBit.  It fell off somewhere yesterday and I have not found it yet.  I sure hope I do, I have been getting used to it and earning points at Walgreens fast!

That's about it for me.

Everyone have a lovely day.

Tell someone that you love them!
Dawn
253/223/167/127
HW/SW/CW/GW

crystal M.
on 8/8/13 4:31 am, edited 8/8/13 4:33 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I came to close to calling in today and playing hooky just to spend the morning with Chris.  I have never done that before and as my friend Monica pointed out it's been a couple years since I called in...so Maybe next time I'm tempted I just might!!!  But I dragged my no good, lazy butt to work...hahaha!!! 

My meatloaf went over last night really well..too well, there were no leftovers!!!  My secret...shhh don't tell anyone...Ritz crackers.  Anyway my shopping trip went well too.  I went to Dominicks specifically to find these Smart Chips I like from work.  Well I haven't really shopped Dominicks in a long time.  Well they really have an awesome selection of organic food.  They have a big produce section devoted to organic....so I ended up buying my fruits and veggies there.  There meats were great.  I don't know I am loving Dominicks again.  Cheaper than Whole Foods and closer....and better selection than any store by me.  And I tried some of the fruit I bought...super yummy!!!

By the way my strategy to snack on grapes off and on through out the day when ever the craving for junk hits...well so far is working!!!  I am feeling full and not wanting any junk.  So yeah!!!

Today I am going back to Dominicks for a few things and doing laundry...working out.  Done and relaxing with a turkey burger and carrot sticks!!!

I'm glad that Connie is doing well!!! 

See ya all tomorrow...bye

randy777
on 8/8/13 4:50 am - Schaumburg, IL

Dominick's is good for meat sales and for frozen veggie sales.  They are the only place I have found that carries the Woody's marinade I like.  I usually hit the one on Halsted close to Randolph for that when I am in the area.  Otherwise it is special trip to Lincoln for me but I will likely do that the next time I see sirloin for $4 or T-bones for $5.  For those who eat white bread they also have a bread that is often $1 for a large loaf.

Randy

So you have been forgiven?

Nancy G.
on 8/8/13 11:26 am - La Salle, IL

Good Evening Everyone!

It was another busy day for me today.  My day started out horrible so there was no way but to improve.  As I left for work, I realized that I had forgotten my partial so I went back in the house for it.

I was hurrying back to the car when I tripped and fell flat on my face in the driveway.  Well that left me in a pickle as I am the classic example of the commercial "help I've fallen and cant get up"  I worked  my way back to the stairs and managed to pull myself up one the stairs into a sitting position where I could then stand up.  Of course my dress became dirty when I fell so I had to go back inside and change clothes.  Needless to say, I was late for work by 15 minutes.

It is funny how things work out as I got caught on a call at the end of my shift and worked an extra 15 minutes so I came out even.  

I cant wait for tomorrow and the weekend!

Lisa, I hope you have a great trip.

Connie, I am glad that surgery went well and that you are resting.

Dawn, take the severance pay but please do go ahead and file for unemployment.  They cannot stop you and you are entitled to it.  It will help with bills. 

Randy,  Wishing you a great day.

Crystal, I am glad you found a store that you like.  That is awesome.  I cant blame you for wanting to call in.  Go for it sometime.  We all need a mental health day every now and then.

Everyone have a great Friday! 

Cat Lady

Phatchick
on 8/8/13 11:21 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Tomorrow will be better :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views