Saturday Roll Call

LisaTucker
on 9/27/13 11:07 pm - IL

Good Morning on this sunny Saturday morning.

Has anyone heard from Connie yet? I am hoping everything is ok.

We just got invited to our daughters Annette's  for dinner tonight. She wants an apple pie with real whipping cream for desert. I am also making a Brocklie  cassarole to go with.

I am still planning on cleaning house today, and run a few errands.

What is everyone else doing?

Hugs,

Lisa

Phatchick
on 9/28/13 12:05 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

HI Lisa and Peeps,

I read on FB, they removed a large amount of fluid from Connie and she is feeling so much better.

I missed yesterday because I was out the door before 7a to do my volunteer work. Then I spent the entire day cleaning a huge apartment on the North side in Roger's Park. I had no idea apartments could be that huge. It was as big as my 4 level house. Today I can barely move I am so sore. But it is a good sore from all that hard work.

G is still at his parents house and I am missing him tremendously. He may be home late tonight or tomorrow depending on his mom's arrival.

Today I have to take my girlfriends grandson to soccer and then I am as free as a bird.

Enjoy this lovely day my dear ones.

Sharon

crystal M.
on 9/28/13 12:20 am - Joliet, IL

Sharon- You have to give me the name of that book again

Phatchick
on 9/28/13 10:25 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Here you go.....

For Women Only, Revised and Updated Edition: What You Need to Know About the Inner Lives of Men Hardcover

by Shaunti Feldhahn

http://www.amazon.com/Women-Only-Revised-Updated-About/dp/1601424442/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1380457303&sr=1-1

crystal M.
on 9/28/13 12:13 am - Joliet, IL

Hello everyone

I am hanging around the house this morning...to clean and get other things done.  Than I want to get out and clean my car and do this thing that will defog my headlights.  It's a kit I bought yesterday.  I also bought this stuff for my windshield that will keep it from fogging up.  So ya this will be a day car maintenance.  Than later tonight I am going out with a group of friends to a comedy show called The Odd Couple.  So that's my day.  

As far as everything else...I am taking it a little at a time.  I go throught times when I miss him terribly.  Than there are times I am angry as hell at him.  I am just a roller coaster of emotions.  I am starting to think that maybe he may have split with me because I was pressuring him about his ex.  See there was that whole thing that happened, where his family invited his ex to a family get together and I wasn't.  So I am starting to shop for Christmas and of course my thoughts started to wonder...how are the holidays going to work.  I and I just thought...I am NOT going to sit at home by myself during the holidays.  So I brought it up.  I said...what is going to happen.  I understand these are your kids but if we are going to get serious I deserve to included in these celebrations.  He said he actually had been thinking about too and wasn;t sure how to handle it (was his response).  I left it at that since it is only September.  I also said I was no longer going to hide in the shadows and I need to be formally introduced to his ex.  Whether the meeting goes well or not it needs to be done.  And he said...I know.  A week after this conversation we broke up.  I am wondering if this was too much for him to face or to handle....maybe.  If that is the case than really he did make the right choice...do I want to be with someone that can't deal/face his ex.  NO!!!!  I understand it's a balancing act.  You need to get along for the sake of the kids...but there becomes a point where "getting along" becomes "taking advantage" and that would drive me nut.  I mean I could be wrong about all of this or maybe it could be part of the reason.  Who knows.  Just trying to talk things out in my brain.

Yes I hope Connie is doing well.  I am sending you my good thoughts and healing vibes...

Have a good day all...see ya later

birder I.
on 9/28/13 2:12 am - Rockford, IL
Morning friends,
Thanks for all the support! The doc said the abscess was the size of a football (OMG). No wonder why it hurt! About a liter has drained in 18 hours!
As usual everyone at East clinic and at the hospital has been more than helpful in speeding things along.
I also got to see my favorite night nurse who hadn't seen me since I could stand alone. That was a fun reunion!

As I write this I'm noticing the clock--24 hours from agony to waiting for discharge. I'm impressed !!
Thanks again for your care and concern.

Connie

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/gay_lesbian_bisexual_transgender/

Kim M.
on 9/28/13 2:52 am - Poplar Grove, IL
Good afternoon!

Connie, I'm SO glad you are in good hands and you are doing better. A day or two of knitting will lift your spirits!
We have already been to the apple orchard this morning. We even picked our own pumpkins. Maddie picked me out a white one. It's gorgeous! I'm making lunch for the company and then we are gonna head off to Maddie's game. Such a beautiful day! Hope everyone a good weekend. Tonight I'm gonna straighten the house and then do some more cabinets.

Kim

Phatchick
on 9/28/13 10:29 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

Hi Kim,

My daughter is 35 and the sweet memories she always speaks of is our annual apple picking and the pumpkin picking and decorating. It is awesome now to see her do this with her family. Enjoy these times, they fly by way too fast.

Hugs,

Sharon

Most Active
Recent Topics
LET'S RESTART THE IL. SITE
scaryreader · 0 replies · 1080 views
Wednesday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 2 replies · 5606 views
Tuesday Roll Call
crystal M. · 2 replies · 5349 views
Sunday Roll Call
LisaTucker · 0 replies · 5376 views